All parent member reviews for The Dark Knight Rises

Adult Written byJEDI micah December 26, 2012

WOW! JUST WOW!

Christopher Nolan has really outdone himself in this epic finale of Gotham City's hero, Batman! Next to The Dark Knight, this is the best Batman movie ever! But like the first 2 movies, it contains a lot of realistic violence that you wouldn't normally see in any other superhero movie. Bane may not be as frightening as the Joker, but he could scare somer viewers. Nonstop explosions, destruction, and gunfire are filled in this movie. Besides that, the special effects, acting, and story makes this 3 hour movie totally worth watching! And it leaves people thinking about how to maintain justice and power. Plus, it was nice to see some Batman characters, like Catwoman and Robin! This is an excellent way to conclude the best Batman trilogy ever made! And for the people who were affected by the shooting in Aurora, Colorado, I really am sorry that any of your loved ones has died. I hope the shooter goes to jail for life!
Parent Written bySacko November 10, 2012

The best movie ever made

One of the best movies I've ever watched in my whole live! As for the violence can be intense but its a father and son movie! I really recommend for those PG-13 movie lovers!!!!
Parent Written byShivom Oza August 25, 2012

The Dark Knight Rose - Shivom Oza

Christopher Nolan’s Batman trilogy reaches its finale with ‘The Dark Knight Rises’. Eight years after the events of ‘The Dark Knight’, a masked nemesis Bane arrives with a plan to destroy Gotham city. The Dark Knight re-emerges from his exile to protect it from the looming danger. Bruce Wayne/Batman (Christian Bale) is in exile, still accused for the crimes committed by District Attorney Harvey Dent, at the Wayne Manor. Having been looked after by his faithful butler Alfred Pennyworth (Michael Caine), Wayne is confined to the four walls of his room at the sprawling mansion. The mysterious Selina Kyle/Catwoman (Anne Hathaway) paves the way for the arrival of Bane (Tom Hardy), a horrific extremist, who sets out to destroy Gotham City. Batman emerges from his exile in order to bring an end to the terror inflicted by Bane. Along the way, Batman is assisted by Commissioner Gordon (Gary Oldman), Lucius Fox (Morgan Freeman) of Wayne Enterprises and the young cop John Blake (Joseph Gordon-Levitt) in eliminating the antagonists. Marion Cotillard, who plays Miranda Tate, is a member of the executive board of the Wayne Enterprises and goes on to play a pivotal role in the film. Christian Bale, Gary Oldman, Michael Caine and Morgan Freeman go on to play an extension of their characters from the previous two films, ‘Batman Begins’ and ‘The Dark Knight’. Christian Bale is flawless as Bruce Wayne/Batman. His character goes through a whirlwind of troubles in this film, and Bale depicts the pained superhero to perfection. Gary Oldman, Michael Caine and Morgan Freeman are terrific, ably supporting the principal characters. However, it is the new entrants Joseph Gordon-Levitt and Anne Hathaway, who deliver superlative performances. Hathaway as Selina Kyle/Catwoman is electrifying in the film, almost running away with the show in the first half. Such audacity, exuberance and intensity, has seldom been inculcated in a female character in the franchise. Hathaway, who keeps getting better with every performance, now appears almost indispensable to the film. Tom Hardy, who plays the masked antagonist Bane, is absolutely brilliant. His terrorizing demeanour gives Batman a nemesis to reckon with. The film should not be compared to its predecessor ‘The Dark Knight’ (2008), as this one is a starkly different set-up. Treat it on its own merit and you will immensely enjoy it. The writers Christopher Nolan, Jonathan Nolan and David S. Goyer, have reinstated the uniqueness of a Nolan film. The film, albeit dark in parts, is a visual treat. The cinematography (Wally Pfister) is astounding. The aerial shots are one of the best seen in recent times. The difference between the Batman films of yore and Nolan’s trilogy has been the visual appeal and ‘The Dark Knight Rises’ truly lives up to its billing. The computer-generated imagery (CGI), already on display in the theatrical trailers, is spectacular. There is not a single lull moment in the 2 hour 44 minute screenplay. The immaculate editing by Lee Smith ought to be applauded as it is incredibly difficult to make such a long film engaging enough, notwithstanding the credibility of the makers. The score by the maestro Hans Zimmer lends an almost ethereal touch to the magnificent visuals. We often talk about Nolan’s brilliance in the script and the execution in his iconic films, but Hans Zimmer has played a monumental role in making them memorable. His contribution should not be ignored. The chant that plays during Bane’s exploits is so haunting and mesmerizing at the same time. Like always, Zimmer gives us the best of both worlds. That Christopher Nolan is a director par excellence is not a startling revelation. With films such as ‘Memento’, ‘The Prestige’, ‘Inception’ and The Batman trilogy, to his credit, the man has set a bar so high that it would be difficult for any other filmmaker to be able to give us a superhero flick that is as impactful. Nolan does not disappoint this time around as well. Often, any film succeeding a superlative film fails to live up to the expectations. However, ‘The Dark Knight Rises’ has generated so much anticipation in the last one year that it would be difficult even for the hardest critics to point out a blemish. The film will astonish you the moment, you think it is veering towards predictability. Hats off to filmmakers for not sticking to the norms and adapting comic books with such unmistakable clarity and conviction! It’s been a wonderful year for comic book superheroes with ‘The Avengers’ and ‘The Amazing Spider-Man’ hitting jackpot at the box-office. Needless to say, ‘The Dark Knight Rises’ will meet a similar fate. The film totally lives up to the expectations. It strikes the perfect balance between the technology and the human touch. Must, must watch! Shivom Oza
Parent Written byDogs1995 August 15, 2012

Amazing

Incredible I wanted to yell out did that just happen!!!!
Parent Written byhenry.harden August 15, 2012

GET YOUR FACTS STRAIGHT!!!!!!

Bruce Wayne's black Lamborghini does not make another apperance. In the first 2 movies he had a lambo Murciélago. In this one he has a lambo Aventador.
Parent of a 2 and 9 year old Written bySteffauri516 August 8, 2012

A thrilling finale to an epic saga, iffy for young kids...

Just got back from seeing this movie and I was not let down! As usual, Batman does it again, and this was easily one of the best movies in the series. Now, we know the caped crusader is a hero, but his movies aren't always the best choice for younger kids--- The slightly grim and strict hero from the cartoon adaptation is much more violent and gritty in this movie. There is some swearing, but it's minor, and infrequent. Violence however comes hand in hand with this movie's fast-paced and gripping action scenes; there are lots of explosions, care chases, gunfire, hand-to-hand combat, and scenes of civil war/unrest. There is some blood, but it's minor, the most graphic scene of blood we see is a cut on Batman's forehead, and the (bloody) bandaged face of Bane from a past brawl. There isn't a whole lot of product placement here, but there's a lot dealing with rich vs poor and taking from those within society's top rung to redistribute to the people of Gotham, mostly the escaped/released criminals. Overall, Batman is a hero, and stands up for what's right at any cost; while this can be good and bad, I look at him as being a mostly positive role model, despite the violent fights he engages in during the movie. Although there's nothing overly violent or frightening, the loud explosions and fight scenes may be scary for younger kids. I'd rate this movie on for kids 13 and older.
Adult Written bySlytherin Student July 31, 2012

Batman proves he's got true grit

Batman really proves he has got some serious true grit in this movie. He doesn't give up even when he's forced into impossible situations, he pushes on through his emotions when he is falsely accussed of being a murder and a traitor, and he even is willing to die for his city when his city is ready to take him to Gotham Prison. I couldn't help but cry at the end. It is an amazing movie. It's got a dodgy scene with Bruce and a female that is not his wife, but other than that, not bad on sensuality. Language, yeahhhh there's a bit, but my neighbors say worse things every single day. Only thing I might say for your children being 10+ to watch this, is that if your child has a fear of insane people, Bane will scare them out of their seats. I found him more intimidating and ruthless than Joker, which I didn't know was possible. He frightened me a little bit, and I'm a 20 year old man. And about the violence, don't get me started. Duh! He's a superhero! There's going to be violence here, there, and everywhere! One of my favorite things about Batman is, he won't purpously kill someone. If someone dies on his hands, it was a compleate accident. He never kills. He is a truely good man. This movie has a very positive role model. One of the best movies I have ever seen.
Parent Written byRun boy run. July 29, 2012

Better than the Dark Knight, thats a bold statment I know but its true!

Adult Written bySpaceDead July 27, 2012

Very good movie.

I'm taking my son Aidan out to go see Batman but Aidan's brother has to go to grandmas if i let my Aidan play Dead Space he can watch this. Oh and my Aidan is 8.
Parent Written byMusicRock668 July 22, 2012

Epic Final Batman Movie Better for old Preteens !

this Movie is Excellent final batman movie but villan in this one bane is very intense scary will scary any kids under ages of Preteen also is Very high Body count of this movie bane kills lot of people by breaking they necks all most of deaths by him is off screen but one is Showing ! this movie is very Violent for young batman fans i saw this movie today they was 3 year in theater today which think is too young see this movie bane is too scary for young kids ! also opening scene is kind Gruesome as shows bane stick these ivs tubes in too guy arm and anne hathway us much of issues with this movie only thing is she is see most in black skin tight Suit in most of the Movie ! i say this Movie is Better For Preteens i love it ! is Must see ! best Batman Movie is great Final Ending Series !
Adult Written byarjuman July 21, 2012

BEST MOVIE EVER!!!!

This movie is the best I have ever seen!Beats Dark Knight and Batman Begins. The storyline is great and alot of action. Make sure to watch in IMAX!!!
Adult Written bySlaidlaw July 20, 2012

good but needs for comedie for the best movie

the movie was awesome but there are some isusues like violence, now thats an issue. there are alot of explosives and alittle torture but it was awesome i would rate for kids 9 and under. but this wasent the best move because it was not really funny i loved the dark knight, now that was very funny, because of the joker
Adult Written bymama k July 20, 2012

Tired of Violence

Just so tired of movies about interesting sociopaths. Can we get some new stories out there that don't pump our imaginations full of destruction? Art imitates Life imitates Art. I would have liked this movie more if I wasn't feeling sorry for the 12 people for whom it was the last thing they saw.
Adult Written byrubberband July 20, 2012

Know Your Child

This is a spectacular movie, but may not be right for younger audiences. Ok, first, love. Batman kisses two women, and there is a scene where he is shirtless on the floor and Miranda Tate is topless but fully covered in a blanket. Nothing a normal seven year old couldn't handle. Violence. Neck snapping that is terribly bad. Men falling down in a firefight. Bane and Batman wrestling. A couple men that get shot. These are to be expected. I have an eleven year old brother who was crushed when he didn't get to go see it at the midnight premiere. But there were some deaths that were a bit too intense, even for kids who have grown up with this kind of violence (a note to devin200, just because we have been desensitized doesn't mean we can recklessly continue watching violent movies). There are men that are forced to walk to their deaths on a frozen river. Officers are shot and strung up for the world to see on one of Gotham's broken bridges. There is a frighteningly psychotic feel to this movie that is spectacular social commentary, but it may be lost on small children. Positive messages and role models. This is something that I feel was done very well. Batman ends up making the ultimate sacrifice to save his city. James Blake is a cop/detective driven to do the best that he possibly can. They both act very selflessly, trying to protect Gotham and stand up for what they each believe in. In the end, it really depends on the kind of child you have. I would have been terrified of this movie when I was 13, but I likely would have understood the messages. My brother is the opposite. Know your child, what they are comfortable with, and what you want them to come away from this movie with.