All parent member reviews for The Dark Knight Rises

Adult Written byTrami Nguyen August 1, 2012

THE DARK KNIGHT RISE IS AN AWESOME!

The Dark Knight Rise is so perfect!
Adult Written bybatmanyeah! July 20, 2012

Ugh. dumb review.

really, the first thing they talk about is the level of violence? The film has so many aspects one could talk about. And Batman, for his level of determination, sacrifice and sufferage, is not a positive role model? I'm trying not to swear to describe the writer so for the sake of child owners I will call him a "poopyface".
Parent Written byThoughtful parent April 18, 2013

Sickened by the body count and non-stop violence.

Extremely violent. Made me feel sick actually. Nothing like the inspirational first movie "Batman Begins." Don't let your kids see it.
Parent Written byJanet A. July 24, 2012

Review

Good film, but won't be taking the kids after what happened in Colorado.
Adult Written byTimTheTVGuy October 12, 2012

I like it.

Great adventure,tons of fun,a nice great story,it's just so good,lots of action,it's a great thing,and it's so awesome all the way now,THE DARK NIGHT RISES! Haha! Get it! My review is very similar to MLP:FiM theme song (i'm a die-hard brony.)
Parent of a 12 year old Written bypml July 28, 2012

Don't do this to your tweens!!

Not for any kids under 14, 16 would be better. And that's if you talk it out first. If you have any thoughts about this just study a little bit about brain development and you will see why.
Adult Written bympeters440 July 28, 2012

My gorge rises

sickeningly violent in a fight scene between Bane and Batman. It went beyond "fun" to just torturous. The storyline plodded. The best part, Anne Hathaway as Catwoman, was a bright spot in the movie. Had a hard time understanding Bane due to his mask/accent. Plus the constant security checks by theater personnel during the showing made for a constant distraction. We left 2 hours in when Wayne was watching TV in prison. Miserable end to the trilogy.
Parent Written byStepMomSterToo July 23, 2012

Dark Knight great movie, Not for 12 and under

This movie is appropriate for teens and adults. Kids and pre-teens should not see these movies. Parents really should know that these movies are not fun batman movies in the style of Adam West or Michael Keaton (which is still pretty dark, not for younger kids). These movies are dark, and they have a lot of really tough, mature questions. Before taking your child to a movie like this, you have to ask yourself how you are teaching your child to view and process violence. Movies like this do not cause awful occurrences like the Colorado massacre, but we as a society are increasingly exposing our youth to mature themes in a way that really downplays the seriousness of real life violence. There is a difference between implied violence, especially in animated movies and graphic violence as depicted in the Dark Knight trilogy. Please use caution when making decisions on what you are showing to your children, because you give your stamp of approval to everything they see.
Adult Written byCareful Parent July 21, 2012

Non-stop Killing and Violence

This was the most violent movie I've ever seen. I am an adult and I walked out when the killings were just too many to stomach any more. This should be a rated R movie for sure. (What is left in the R category if this isn't it???) Sad that this is what passes for "entertainment"!
Adult Written byerica921 August 8, 2015
Educator and Parent Written byAllen Wang March 28, 2013

Batman Rises

I Think, The Movie "The Dark Knight Rises" Should Not Be Suitable For Yo ung Children And So, I Demand Parents To Not Let Their Children Watch "The Dark Knight Rises"! Parents, Thank You For Your Concern For Your Children's Safety And Always Protect Them Against Violence, Sex, Langu age And Drinking Drugs And Smoking!
Adult Written bysouljaboysuckz July 29, 2012

Very violent

The movie has lots of shoot outs; fights.
Adult Written byartist April 18, 2015
Adult Written byjoshua martinez August 7, 2012

14 and up.

this third and final installment batman The Dark Knight Rises is the best batman movie ever filled with lots of action but parents due to the violence in this movie is because of a terrible tragedy of a shoot out that happen at the movie theater in Colorado when the movie batman came out so parents be sure to talk to your kids about the tragedy before you let your kids watch batman the dark knight rises and parents you need to know that The Dark Knight Rises has a lot of intense violence some mild language used and some drinking used the role models are that bruce is a rich man with some nifty gadgets and an extraordinary need to protect the citizens of Gotham as well as avenge the anger that drives him and John Blake is an upstanding, responsible, loyal cop who always tries his best to do the right thing. Selina Kyle starts off as just a ruthless jewel thief, but her interactions with Batman/Bruce help her become less selfish and more helpful. Bruce's two mentors and friends, Alfred and Mr. Fox, are loyal and loving toward him. Bane is cruel and callous.
Adult Written byOneVeryLongUsername January 31, 2015

"The Dark Knight Rises" - Parental and Artistic Review.

Sexual Content: Miranda and Bruce kiss and clutch before it's implied that they have sex (We see them afterwards, mostly covered by blankets). Batman locks lips with Catwoman (who's often seen wearing a skintight costume). 4.7 out of 10. Violent/Gory Content: In the breathtaking opening sequence, Bane kidnaps a nuclear physicist while onboard a plane. Actually, he uses another plane to kidnap the entire aircraft midflight, attaching grappling hooks, upending the vessel and letting the force of the wind rip off its wings and tail. In the midst of the ensuing madness, he kills several guards and then forcibly (and painfully) transfuses the scientist's blood. Throughout the rest of the story, he and his henchmen shoot people, blow up a football field (while a game is being played) and put Gotham on notice that they control a nuclear bomb that's primed to explode. He's extremely fond of killing foes with a neck-cracking head twist (The camera looks away before necks are broken, but we sometimes hear the snap). He even kills his own henchmen at times. His battles with Batman are prolonged and epic, featuring punches, kicks, throws and slices. Bane seems to snap Batman's spine at one point, and we later watch someone else ram his dislodged vertebra back into position. It takes Batman months before he can stand again. When Batman's out of the action, Bane takes over the city, which becomes a place of anarchy. The guilty and innocent alike are assaulted and sometimes sentenced in a mockery of a court: The accused can choose either "death" or "exile," but they're really the same thing—walking across a frozen river until the ice cracks beneath them and they drown (We see one victim so terminated). Batman, as we know, is not as bloodthirsty. "No guns, no killing," he tells Catwoman. "Where's the fun in that?" she quips. But both beat down their share of folks—through fists, feet and drugged batarangs to the neck. Catwoman kicks someone in the leg with her stiletto heel. She blows up a building. And while Batman may not carry a personal sidearm, his vehicles have firepower enough to blow holes through walls, incapacitate military vehicles and, on at least one occasion, neutralize a person. Gun battles kill and wound hundreds if not thousands, including police officers. A massive fight/brawl/insurrection breaks out in the streets. Someone dies in an auto accident. A knife is thrust into someone's side, then twisted. 8.2 out of 10. Profanity: At least 1 incomplete "f" word and 1 "s" words. We also hear around 11 "hells," 2 "damns," 2 "S.O.B.'s," and 1 use of "bitch," 1 use of "balls" and 1 use of "bastard." Religious exclamations and profanities are include at least: 2 uses of "Jesus" and 1 use of "Goddamn." 4.9 out of 10. Substance Use: In the comics, Bane is addicted to a substance called "venom," and while that drug isn't named here, he wears a mask that's designed to keep his long-standing pain at bay. A congressman seems to be drunk. Others drink. 3.5 out of 10. Conclusion: "The Dark Knight Rises" is a brilliant final chapter to Christopher Nolan's Batman trilogy, bringing new characters, a great story, amazing visual effects, and fantastic performances. I highly recommend this film and I give it 8.2 out of 10.
Parent Written bymomboys March 13, 2013

Good for adults, too violent for kids

My husband and I watched this movies and enjoyed it; however, I was disappointed with the level of violence for a PG-13 film. In my opinion, this should not be a PG-13 movie. There were torture scenes, a very scary villian (Bain) who wore a mask over his face, and lots of guns and killing. I just thought other parents should be aware...since the movie is rated PG-13, which implies that it is appropriate for teens. At a minimum, preview the film before allowing your teens to watch and decide for yourself.
Educator Written byPrairie Teacher July 31, 2012

Terrorism and torture, reel-to-reel. Get a babysitter!

The number one thing I would tell parents of children eager to see this is the following: if a movie is "about" whatever you see the most of on screen, then this movie is about an army of terrorists blowing up buildings, shooting at citizens and police with automatic weapons, and brutally breaking their necks and backs. It's not about Batman saving the day (although he does), as much as an extremely violent and dark portrayal of psychotic anarchists ruling through terror. I loved the movie, but when I saw parents bringing their five-year olds, I was pretty shocked and disappointed. This isn't "cartoon superhero violence"-- it's realistic and pervasive war-movie violence, albeit without much blood. It's definitely not for anyone under 12, and young teenagers should see it with a parent with whom they can talk about the amount of shootings, bombings, neck-breakings.
Adult Written byLowe's man April 20, 2015

Old school Batman was better. By far!!!

Did this Batman really need all that serious, intense, senseless violence? Especially after what happened at that movie theater in Colorado? The killer somehow saw the movie before it got released and reenacted a scene in the movie. While superhero movies have always had violence, it used to be lighthearted, making the movie fit for everyone from about 6 or 7 years old up. Superhero movies used to provide an escape from reality. Not anymore. Now the level of violence is too much even for some adults. Superhero movies need to get back to their roots.
Adult Written byCan January 15, 2015

Violent and scary

Parent Written bydavidrox January 25, 2013

Nice, but think of your child

A great movie, with lots of gritty action and violence. good plot, and christen Nolan returns better then ever as batman. however, bane is scary, and the intense violence and brief sexuality might offend some parents.