All member reviews for The Dark Knight Rises

Bale's final Batman is as gritty and dark as the first two.

Teen, 14 years old Written byFlam1ngR3con24 August 22, 2012

Best Batman Film ever but leave the little-ones home.

To skip to the regular film review scroll to the Line in the middle of the paragraphs. Ever since the I saw the very first Batman film with Jack Nicholson as the, then, terrifying joker I was a tremendous Batman fan. I read the comics and as corny as it sounds, Batman was more to me than a fictional character, He was a role-model. After Batman returns was released, Batman Forever was released and was O.K. but lacked what made the other 2 films and the comics so good. After that a monstrosity, vile film called Batman and Robin came out and ruined so much that it is hated by most if not all Batman fans. After a few years we were told there was a new film in the works and we all became nervous. After Batman and Robin, how would this work? The First trailer came out and I was blown away. Batman Begins. This movie looked real, dark, mature and leaps and bounds better than Batman and Robin. After it was released, needless to say, This was the Greatest Batman film. Everyone wanted more so we were gifted The Dark Knight. This was ground-breaking. Heath Ledger came full circle. Unfortunately he passed before we could praise his genius. This movie was perfect. Now came the trouble. We were told there would be one more Batman film. To end this as a trilogy. Tensions were high. How could anyone, even Nolan himself, top the Greatest Batman Film Ever Made and personally My Favorite film of all time. Well the question is... Did he? Yes. Is it for younger children yet? No. At the end of The Dark Knight. Harvey dent had killed people and almost killed Batman, Gordon and his child. After tackling Harvey off of the roof they were on and saving Gordon's Child, Harvey had snapped his neck and died. The Public, Not Knowing how Harvey went from White Knight Mayor to Two-Face Murderer, could not have found out that there Idol has fallen as a criminal. Making a Sacrifice, Batman tells Gordon to radio in that he killed Harvey those people because Gotham needed Harvey's image of a hero right now. Not the Literal hero Batman was. Gotham had the Police chase after him and that was it. Now, After eight years of not coming out of his esteemed mansion, Hobbling around on a Cane, not being public, and leaving his company to the board members instead of him, and him struggling with Batman's new status as a wanted vigilante, A new villain surfaces. Bane. He is a brute, relentless, Terrorist, who threatens Gotham and there citizens, and with an incapacitated Commissioner Gordon and Wayne realizing how pathetic he has became when a Cat-Burglar , who posed as a maid, smacks his cane out from under him and steal's his mother's pearls, Batman now must Rise from the Darkness and stop the villain Bane before Gotham is ruins. Enter The Dark Knight Rises. ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- This film is Deep, Story-Driven, Dark, Chock-full of Twists, and Jaw- Dropping Moments that it makes an amazing film. Although, sorry kids. This one is gonna have to wait a while. This is a Brutal, Mature, Batman film. Bane is ruthless. Unlike the Joker, He doesn't care who you are and has no time for the mind-bending stories of himself. He is here to kill and break. He has a presence that no other villain can touch, to the point when your on the end of your seat in suspense trying to figure out who's next. For Example, Bane in one scene snaps a man's neck on a football field and even though the camera pans a bit further out you can hear and see a crunch following his life-less body slamming into the ground. There is also one scene in particular that fans of the comics will know right now even if they haven't yet seen the film where Bane "Breaks" Somebody. Then after that scene the film goes into a slow paced development and advancement of the story until everything becomes better again and Batman is in full form and a war begins. There is Gun-fire and fist-fights and people die and slum over (Without Blood though) and an Epic Fight between Batman and Bane occurs which is fast, and brutal. Then as the film comes to a close the film wraps up everybody's story line and finishes what I consider the Greatest Trilogy Ever. This Film is 2 hours and 45 minutes which also is long enough for a younger kids attention to check out for the rest of the film. This is my new favorite film but there has to be a line. This is a great film for Batman fans and people who want a great movie in general, although wait until your younger children are abit older until you allow them to see this. Even if they have seen the others take into consideration what you have read and enjoy the film.
Kid, 12 years old December 16, 2012

Great Film Is Not As Good As The Dark Knight And Is Darker, BUT STILL AMAZING!

This was AMAZING! I am reviewing this kind of late even though I saw this in theatres, SORRY GUYS! I thought this movie was GREAT! I loved every second of it (well except for one second)! Batman is a great role model, he uses his wealth to help others by protecting the city! The violence is even more central here than the Dark Knight! Banes henchmen shoot millions of people on and off screen! They shoot down an entire plane full of people, people in the stock exchange, random rich people, and just about everyone that is standing in there way! Batman suffers a lot of injuries from a broken leg to a broken back and you can here big cracks when he puts them back into place! People are taken to a corrupt court for judging where they must choose between exile or death, both result in death! A man who chose exile is seen falling in freezing water and dying. Three men are shot and survive but are hung off screen (you later see there bodies on TV). During the end battle the police and banes men have a shootout fight which eventually leads to an all out battle! A entrie city almost is blown up by a nuclear bomb but is saved! Catwoman has a knife on her heel and she occasionaly hurts people with it, she also kills others with guns, she even kills one man with a cannon. Batman, Bane, and Catwoman all beat up people in pretty brutal ways. One woman is killed with a car crash and is seen die on screen. A little girl stabs a man in the back to try and save her mother. Terrorists take over a city and blow parts of it up. A man is watching a football game and is blown up by Bane. Bane breaks a mans back in a fight. Bane chokes one of his henchman then shoots another at point blank range. Bane snaps a mans neck in front of millions of people (offscreen but you can here the snap). Bane crushes a mans face (offscreen but you can here screams and a crack). Bane snaps anothers mans neck onscreen. The romance is not as central in this movie but is still there. Batman has sex with a woman offscreen and kisses others several times. There is also more language in this movie such as b*tch, d*mn, and h*ll. This is a must see for more mature batman fans!
Kid, 12 years old July 23, 2012

the dark knight rises into my top 10

despite being insanley long the new batman movie is exciting funny and above all increadbly fun.Also don't let anyone tell you about the ending.It's shocking
Teen, 16 years old Written byAdam C. July 23, 2012

One of the best of 2012

Great movie. My second favorite of the year so far. Nolan again proves his fantastic directing prowess, and the cinematography and visual and auditory editing is phenomenal. Acting performances by Christian Bale, Tom Hardy, and Michael Caine compliment the fantastic technical achievements and entertaining plot. A few cases where drama wasn't built up properly such as the events leading to Bane's warload take over of the city, but with a screenplay this entertaining it is superficial.
Teen, 13 years old Written byNarutoRocks13 July 22, 2012

#1, Baby!

As of today, this is my favorite movie of all time! But, this movie has much darker scenario than Batman Begins/The Dark Knight.
Parent Written bydavidrox January 25, 2013

Nice, but think of your child

A great movie, with lots of gritty action and violence. good plot, and christen Nolan returns better then ever as batman. however, bane is scary, and the intense violence and brief sexuality might offend some parents.
Parent Written byhenry.harden August 15, 2012

GET YOUR FACTS STRAIGHT!!!!!!

Bruce Wayne's black Lamborghini does not make another apperance. In the first 2 movies he had a lambo Murciélago. In this one he has a lambo Aventador.
Teen, 13 years old Written bynickthebriton July 31, 2012

Sensational Job understanding required

I loved the Movie and it teaches a great lesson of good over evil. However there is much mature content in this movie. First of all your kid needs to be smart enough to understand it,and also there is off scene sex yet they are shown by the fire place and it is obvious what they had done after they kissed. There is also a lot of violence. I reccomend it for the mature.
Teen, 14 years old Written byjb321678 July 28, 2012

Nolan ends his trilogy with a bang.

Christopher Nolan really is quite an amazing director. The things he can do are just pretty astonishing. And The Dark Knight Rises is a wonderful example of that. This is one of the most famous trilogies of all time and one of the best. Nolan obviously wanted this film to really be the conclusion known for being a great conclusion. And that is exactly what it is. But remember this is a very voilent and intense film. This makes something like The Avengers seem rather childish. The film is somewhat dark in a sense but it really was nothing compared to the Dark Knight. This film is just dang voilent. There were lots of intense scenes. The majority of these scenes were with the main villain here Bane. Bane is a masked man that really was very evil and voilent. He really was a great villain. I can't say he was as goods as Heath Ledger's Joker because The Joker in the Dark Knight really can't be beat. There also was some brief and rather mild sensuality. I never found language to be a issue. Another good element to this film is the themes or role models it has. First off Bruce Wayne (AKA Batman) really is a great hero. He does some pretty nobel things in this film. I also really liked Alfred. Alfred gave some advice to Bruce Wayne that really helped shape Batman. And then there is Cat women. She might not seem like a great role model but she had this desire for a clean slate. A chance to start over. She wanted to restart her life in a positive way. She really felt guilty for the things she did and she just wanted to be a good person. Things like this were all good role models or messages. And I also must mention the finale to the film. It ends in a rather confusing but brilliant fashion. But the confusing part was obviously intentional. The Dark Knight Rises is a excellent conclusion. It's a amazing final chapter that defines Batman.
Kid, 12 years old July 26, 2012

great

Teen, 13 years old Written byEric Paul September 23, 2013

Best movie

Good movie for 13yr
Kid, 10 years old June 10, 2013

Better then the first but worst then the secend

Not as dark as the first two but really good for the language s***and d** and a** but their hardly ever used. The violce is intense their is a sene were bane breaks batmans back and at the end theirs a war but theirs also a positive meseme about doing what's right
Kid, 10 years old May 26, 2013

WATCH NOW or LIVE LIFE SAD

This movie is spectacular.Most of the bad beatings are of screen.little blood.Bane is creepy.suspense everywhere.language is mild.Batman and his sidekick has off screen sex.
Kid, 11 years old March 27, 2013

Violent,but Great!

I never usually watch Batman movies,but my dad got for my brother and I to watch so I decided too. The main reason that I didn't want to watch it because of the tragedy. But i watched it anyway and it wasn't to bad. I thought it was a pretty good movie,even though it was somewhat violent.
Kid, 12 years old February 3, 2013

Batman the dark knight rises is the best of Nolan's works

Like all batman movies this one contains lots of violence, a very small amount of bad language and most importantly a very positive role model.
Teen, 13 years old Written bysam varma January 19, 2013

great one

dark but interesting superhero thriller
Kid, 12 years old January 15, 2013

Good

This is a really good movie. There is a lot of violence and some swearing so be ready for that.
Teen, 13 years old Written byElvalight December 10, 2012

First was best

No, no, no! This movie just hit a downfall after the 2nd one, because not only did my precious Harvey die, the joker...uh, went somewhere and Bruce was in major depression. It was dark, had a ton of cusing and even some very sassy-lady things in there. All in all, if you think your kids are okay and used to violence, then it should be fine, just make sure they're the age of 13 or above.
Teen, 13 years old Written byijarritos December 6, 2012

Nanananananananana BATMAN

Good movie
Kid, 9 years old September 14, 2012

review #2 by rwb

a amazing movie there was lots of violnce there was punches gun shots although theres no blood bane has kind of a scary mask batman risked his life for the saftey of his city theres was one love sceen witch in volved only naked shoulders there was lots of languange lots of consmurism and some drinking but over all my favorite movie and im 9 :)