All member reviews for The Dark Knight Rises

Bale's final Batman is as gritty and dark as the first two.

Teen, 15 years old Written byiman2425 November 9, 2014

Pretty Good

back breaking, neck snapping and extreme gunplay + hostages
Kid, 11 years old October 23, 2014

Awesome movie

Violence- 4 (Lots of fighting, bone-breaking, shooting and torture)
Written byAnonymous October 12, 2014

Slightly less violent than last but still very gritty and dark

My rating:PG-13 for intense sequences of violence and action,langauge,sexuality,disturbing images and drug use
Teen, 14 years old Written byMavrah333 August 15, 2014

Again, Common Sense takes it the wrong way.

One scene with kissing. One, and you markl it as having sexual content. ??? Aside the reveiw from the website, this blew me away. Batman Begins was a good movie, but The Dark Knight and Rises are even better. Zimmer returns with yet another epic soundtrack, and the action scenes are great. I'll compare Bane with the Joker in this review. Both are great villains, but they have their flaws. The Joker likes to build up tension, eg: his 'dead' body is pulled into a room, for him to get up and threaten Gambol for close to a minute before killing him. However, he relies on terrifying and/or confusing his enemies to gain the upper hand: the joker is a bad fighter. In contrast, Bane doesn't build up tension: he smashes in and then wreaks havoc. He doesn't concentrate on individuals (aside from Batman and a scientist) but he attacks groups of people. And don't get me wrong, he is the best fighter in the known world. It took me five minutes to think of another fiction character who is as good a fighter as he is, deciding on TF2's Heavy Weapons Guy, who CAN SURVIVE DIRECT HITS FROM ROCKETS, and carries a minigun as another man would carry a pistol. However Bane is by no means scary by the age of 11, and although the Joker improvised a lot in his plans, Bane didn't strike me as clever or subtle. However, both villains are great! If a sequel trilogy is made, I want scarecrow to be the main bad guy, he is the only villain to survive the trilogy (Bane, Ra's al Ghul, Talia al Ghul and Two-Face/Harvey Dent die) who wasn't punished for his crimes (The Joker is captured and sent to jail).
Teen, 13 years old Written byHightech Redneck July 16, 2014

If it wasn't a Batman movie it wouldn't have got so many good reviews.

CAUTION: SOME SPOILERS AHEAD, IT'S NOT THAT GREAT OF A MOVIE ANYWAY BUT STILL SPOILERS, YOU'VE BEEN WARNED! Low on action, a bit of humor. The story isn't that good. The acting was average. The CGI was okay. This movie is boring, I even dosed off during parts like hmm... oh yeah Batman. Batman sounds like he has laryngitis and looks like he needs to use the bathroom. The villain is not good, he's a psychopath with a mask on who breaks a bunch of people out of prison. The plot-twists are so predictable, within 5 minutes I knew what was going to happen. In the end Batman's girlfriend defeats Bane... yeah. Realistically that movie could have been 3 minutes. Bane on the plane with a bunch of armed officers. Officers pull out guns. BANG! BANG! Nobody gets hurt. The end. Overall, I hope Ben Affleck is better.
Teen, 15 years old Written bygranth June 30, 2014

THE FIRE RISES

The dark knight rises is the perfect ending to the perfect trilogy.It is a billion dollar film and is not the ending we were expecting, its better. This movie takes place 8 years after the dark knight and has bruce wayne crippled and in a depression and the batman a fugitive (taking the blame for harvey dent crimes).The villain bane has come to gotham to fulfill ras al ghuls mission to destory gotham. There is a lot of action and the title character is injured and tortured in the film and the city of gotham has to fight with batman to save the city.
Kid, 2 years old June 14, 2014

The end is the Best.

Sadly,Christopher Nolan's Batman trilogy comes to an end.But its good. It can be a little iffy for kids 9 and up as there swearing and violence and mostly necks broken(you don't see it, you just hear a loud CRACK).other than that,it's a really good movie I hope this review has you happy. :)
Teen, 14 years old Written byc@l June 3, 2014

Epic Finale

an epic finale still violent but less scary then the first two it is really well done
Teen, 17 years old Written byBunnyNostrils April 7, 2014

Great Movie!

Violence: 6/10 Language: 1/10 Sex: 1/10 Disturbing: 1/10 Intense violence throughout
Teen, 13 years old Written bymovie lover March 6, 2014

voilence 100%

great movie
Kid, 10 years old February 20, 2014

This gritty Batman movie doesn't reach the level of how good The Dark Knight was but this movie was still awesome.

This movie has violence, mild language and insults, some sexy stuff, drinking but also has good messages and role models. Profanity includes hell, bitch and damn. Violence includes lethal and non-lethal combat. Someone's neck is twisted (off-screen), there is shooting, stabbing, etc. Sexual content includes kissing and sleeping together. If you're 11 years old and love Batman, this would be a good movie for you.
Teen, 13 years old Written byLamborghiniLord February 18, 2014

The Dark Knight Rises

This is one of my favorite movies ever made. It has intensely-epic scenes and fighting that surpass even the highest expectations. When I first saw it in theater, I was blown away. First of all, Christian Bale comes back to be the ever-present Batman that is always cool. Then, you add an unstable yet good-moraled cat burglar, an awesome butler, a nice businesswoman, an aging yet great commissioner, and a young police officer into to mix, all played by wonderful actors. And let's not forget Bane. One of the creepiest, most evil and best bad guys ever. Definitely on par with the Joker from the Dark Knight. Mix all of this with the epic plot, and you get a masterpiece. As for age, I think this movie is fine for kids 12 and up. It has dark scenes of struggle, but not like horror. I will admit there is intense action and weapons/explosions (which I adore, by the way), so if that's not your thing you might have a problem. Death includes some random bodies, two neck-snappings (not graphic) and guns. A little kissing and suggestive scene where Wayne and the businesswoman are under the covers with bare shoulders. Does not show anything else though. All in all, a great movie!
Teen, 15 years old Written byMr Blonde January 28, 2014
Teen, 13 years old Written byComicfan12 January 20, 2014

A good end to a great trilogy

A great film not as intense as the dark knight though has a intense bank robbery scene and the criminals running the city could be a little violent but bane is awesome and so is Thalia ghoul
Adult Written bydarthsitkur December 22, 2013

I think the director was trying to be a show off when he had bane as the villain lol

if you saw the first two movies and want to check this one out, you should know what to expect, you should easily expect nonstop action and a badass villain lol
Teen, 16 years old Written byDog Bone November 2, 2013

Great!

Great movie! Powerful ending! Brutal violence but no blood or gore. Can be dark. Some language.
Kid, 11 years old November 2, 2013

Great Movie!!!

Very good movie. Lots of guns, and violence. I don't recommend it to 10 & under.
Teen, 13 years old Written byEric Paul September 23, 2013

Best movie

Good movie for 13yr
Kid, 10 years old September 16, 2013

When I think of batman I think of Bale

Great end to the trilogy good idea to bring in Bane Hardy is perfect match like Bale to Batman
Kid, 12 years old September 13, 2013

GREAT ENDING TO THE TRILOGY

this was a great way to end nolans batman trilogy. it had great acting and a good story that wrapped up the 3 movies. i really liked how it showed how the events of the dark knight affected bruce wayne and jim gordon. christian bale as batman was great and so was tom hardy as bane. this movie does have lots of violence and some swearing. most of the violence is hand to hand combat although there is still lots of explosions. the movie is long though about 2hrs and 45mins but at no point did i say "whens this gonna end" i loved it all the way and it had a great ending 9/10.