All member reviews for The Dark Knight Rises

Bale's final Batman is as gritty and dark as the first two.

Teen, 14 years old Written byKieth11 September 14, 2012

Action packed adventure!

Why is this movie not as good as the last movie according to Common Sense? This movie was at least three times better. (I never watched the first one) This movie has a lot of action, good actors and acting that made this whole movie feel so real, though there's absolutely no blood from bullet wounds. The movie flips from place to place, and I felt as if the movie spent a little too much time holed up in some underground cave thing in the middle of a dessert (?). Anyway, really good, and amazingly, very realistic so-called superhero movie. It isn't really a superhero movie in my opinion, because Batman has no powers, he just has his fists, legs, and fancy gadgets to help him fight evil, which is something that I really like about this movie, as well as it's sequels. Definitely check it out!
Kid, 11 years old September 7, 2012

GO BATMAN

I loved it !!! EPIC best superhero move yet!!!!!!!!!! But ther is some sex in this movie between mirinda and batman some kissing and icki things so cover your eyes. i think this movie is good for 10 and up depending on your childs maturity my brother is 9 and he didnt even get scared. There is a lot of violence so dont take 7 year olds cause they will get scared OYHERWISE AMAZING MOVIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Teen, 16 years old Written bymovieteen197 August 30, 2012

great movie

great movie i think its volient and dark but also gripping and good i saw it with my friend and brother one is 9 one is 14 and one is 13 and my grandpa every one liked it
Kid, 12 years old August 26, 2012

The Best Batman Film Ever Made

*LOST REVIEW OF MRBRIGHT* Review coming tomorrow night. Full and detailed review coming tomorrow night. Note: Age rating and star rating are only predictions. Sorry for the delay and everything. You won't regret waiting for this fully and richly detailed review of the finale to Christopher Nolan's Dark Knight series. UPDATE 7/20/12: I have to say this: I will not review this until next week. In respect for the victims of the Colorado shooting this midnight, I will not review this movie until next week. I just want to say that this shooting shouldn't have happened. There were tons of innocent people just wanting to watch the movie and they had a horrifying experience. Everybody should respect the victims of the shooting and I will. R.I.P. innocent victims. My prayers will be with you. UPDATE REAL REVIEW: Never I have seen such a thrilling and dark movie. The atmosphere is extremely dark and unsettling, the air filled with terror. The brief humor doesn't do much to lighten the atmosphere. Bane's terrorism strikes fear into the citizens of Gotham. As a whole movie, it strikes fear into the audience. Brilliant acting by Christian Bale as Batman and Tom Hardy (who is usually very comedic) as the cold-hearted Bane. Anne Hathaway surprisingly gives a decent performance as Selina Kyle, the cat burglar and Catwoman. Gary Oldman is still good as Commissioner Gordon, stunned after the tragic events in the end of The Dark Knight. Michael Caine surprisingly plays an important role in the film, has a lot of screen time, and gives a heartbreaking performance as Wayne's butler. Marion Cotillard is pretty good as Miranda Tate. And Joseph Gordon-Levitt, playing an ordinary cop, gives an extraordinary performance. Christopher Nolan, as always, shows off his masterful directing skills in here. The screenplay is decent, the editing is good, and just everything was epic. In conclusion, this movie, for me, should be classified as an epic and a classic not to be forgotten. For the IMAX review, let me tell you that Nolan brought IMAX cameras wherever he was filming and this film has about an hour of IMAX footage. The IMAX really stresses the thrills of the movie's clever action sequences. I would recommend it. Now for the parental review. There are strong positive messages and role models from Bruce Wayne/Batman who is willing to put his life in front of others to save them. However, Bane is a negative role model. There is strong violence here, with Bane killing his enemies by snapping their necks a lot. There is also a lot of gunfire, torture, kidnapping, and terrorism. I jumped A LOT of times during this movie, because of A LOT of sudden gunfire and explosions. Also, I'll tell you of a jump scene that happens early in the movie. *MINOR SPOILER* When Selina Kyle, is examining an arrow in Wayne Manor, an arrow is suddenly shot towards her. *MILD SPOILER END* For sexual content, there is a moderate amount of sensuality. There is a moderate amount of language here. There were a few religious exclamations and mild obscenities. I was offended by the religious obscenities since I am a Christian. The Lamborghini is here again and this movie is part of the DC Universe. There is some drinking in parties in this film. Overall, this is a worthy finale to a masterful series.
Kid, 12 years old August 15, 2012

Not for kids

It's cool just not for kids
Teen, 16 years old Written bysky65z August 12, 2012

Better than TDK but not as good as BB.

This is a great movie. Batman is a very positive role model. He's willing to giv his life for gotham. Violence- mostly distant destruction and a few scenes of touture. Bane is vicious. Sex- Once kiss that leads to off screen sex, nothing is shown. Language- pg level cursing d--n h-ll a-- b---h. d--n being the most common of them. This is the best superhero triolgy of all time. All of them are 5 star movies. I just enjoy some more than others. NOTE: Batman begins in crucial to understanding this movie the dark knight is not.
Teen, 13 years old Written byKooser5 August 10, 2012

Not Very Scary

The Dark Knight Rises was not as scary as the first two. I was very nervous going into the movie, but it was very good and not very scary! Funny, predictable, and clever at the same time.
Teen, 17 years old Written byPeopleschamp1995 August 6, 2012

Five stars

It is a great movie best ever but it might frighten toddlers
Teen, 13 years old Written bycerealkiller189 August 5, 2012

Stunning and amazing.

Watched this in IMAX.the special effects and the generations were mind blowing,as well as during the battle ends.Half of the theatre actually chanted Deshi Deshi Basara during the Pit part where Batman is escaping.All in all,great movie.Check out my review on it on youtube. Edit:Sorry,hadnt been on csm on opening weekend when i saw it to review this.And yes,the Colorado shooting is quite tragic,one of the persons who died there was a close friend of my friends's parents.
Teen, 14 years old Written bymrlucien August 5, 2012

The Dark Knight Rises

Joseph Gordon-Levitt's character is one of the film's heroes. He helps orphans. Bane is quite scary, but his voice is so comical is lessens the effect
Kid, 11 years old August 1, 2012

The dark knight rises

If you think batman couldnt get darker you were way off. There are so many violent things here: neck breaking, stabbing, shooting, people fall through ice into freezing water and die, a little torture (on and off screen) and some sad scenes. Some of you may be wondering who dies (I wont tell you though;) but people do die. Really good but not for kids under 12 or 13
Teen, 14 years old Written byCSKY42 July 31, 2012

BEST MOVIE EVER

this is the best movie i've seen all year better than the avengers its long but i was very entertained comon sense why do u guys think its 14+ its really 10+ some parts are violent like bane breaks a doctors neck on screen and innocent people get shot but its acually not bad it happends quickly no language my favorite part is when bane blows up that football staduim and hines ward is running to the end zone but the kid who sang the national anthem was slowly killed by bane he grabbed the kid choked him and threw him down the cliff
Teen, 15 years old Written byHALO13 July 29, 2012

The Dark Knight Rises. Perfect Ending To The Dark Knight Series.

I loved this film, not as violent as the dark knight, the tames is batman begins this is in between, and the dark knight is the most violent. that's cause of the joker and the joker is a psychopath. well enough about those film's this is the best one yet. some violence like Bane the film's villan breaks people's neck's. and may be scary to younger kid's. and the ending is not what you would expect. so i loved it. And my heart goes out to everone who died in the Colorado shootings at the midnight screening. and hope for the best for the wounded ones.
Kid, 11 years old July 29, 2012

Great movie, the worst in the series though.

This is definitely a good movie. If your child is mature, he can watch it at eight, if not, wait until he's at least ten.The sex scene is not graphic, it is just INFERRED your child probably won't even notice it.The violence is a little too aggressive for a five year old but, mostly just fight scenes with little aggression, if any at all.
Teen, 15 years old Written byPart IV July 29, 2012

Great, dark, well acted, its everything anyone could want in a Batman movie, Amazing!

Teen, 14 years old Written byPart II July 29, 2012

A MASTERPIECE, THIS MOVIE IS OUTSTANDING, ITS AMAZING!

Teen, 14 years old Written byPART III July 29, 2012

The best film of the year so far! ITS INCREDABLE!

Teen, 13 years old Written byFILMCRITIC500 July 28, 2012

extremely violent enidng to Christopher Nolans epic series

totally Oscar worthy, Nolans final Batman movie is probably the best film of this year. keep in mind that young kids should stay away from this epic blockbuster, for it is dark, violent, and menacing. it is far worse than the dark knight. there is almost non-stop action, with beatings, shootings, fights, destruction, explosions, chases, stabbings, bone breakings, and basicly anything you can think of. the body count is ridicously high, with hundreds of people being offed in many ways. younger kids should avoid it, but action loving teens should line right up!
Teen, 14 years old Written bytdpruett July 26, 2012

HOLLOWWOOD WINS AGAIN!!!!

HELLO....WAKE UP WORLD and HOLLOWWOOD. WHY IS THERE AN INTEREST AND AN INSATIABLE DESIRE FOR VIEWING MURDER, MAYHEM AND INNOCENT DEATHS??? Let's stop paying these PEOPLE ridiculous $$ to amuse us in SICK and DISGUSTING ways????' HELLO....are we so shallow that we let the SCREEN dictate our beliefs and make us blind FOLLOWERS? really? get real and make a little difference.
Teen, 14 years old Written bycinnagurl July 26, 2012

great movie!

this is a great movie. really good. good amount of violence and darkness. i like that. but the thing about this movie is when i watch it all i think about is how it cant add up to dark knight. heath ledgers gone and theres no joker. thats something i really miss. bane is a really good villian. hes not as scary or as dark as heath ledger was. talia was good too. and anne hathaway has a very interesting catwoman. but the greatness comes towards the end. i love Joseph Gordon-Levitt. he is great in this movie. i think it was a little long just as dark knight was. so kids might get bored with it. but i think the biggest issue once again is violence. might scare youngsters