All member reviews for The Dark Knight Rises

Bale's final Batman is as gritty and dark as the first two.

Teen, 14 years old Written bymrlucien August 5, 2012

The Dark Knight Rises

Joseph Gordon-Levitt's character is one of the film's heroes. He helps orphans. Bane is quite scary, but his voice is so comical is lessens the effect
Teen, 16 years old Written byGoodActionMovieFan7 August 4, 2012

Movie reviews from a teenager: The Dark Knight Rises

I saw this movie and enjoyed it very much. It is a bit slow in the beginning, but still holds your attention. 'The Dark Knight Rises' is very dark, but not as much as the previous 'Dark Knight' movies. Here is the list of negative content I'd like to point out for parents. Language: There are a few uses of the cuss words and phrases 'da**', 'hell', 'bi***' and 'sons of bi****s*'. Sex: Though Bruce Wayne has never been much of a romantic, he does share a few passionate kisses with a couple different women in the film. In one scene, a passionate kiss with a woman leads to lovemaking, though the sex is off the screen. A few other kisses are exchanged. Violence: I've never cringed at violence in a movie as much as I did when watching this film. There are many, many, sequences of shootings, neck breaking, hand-to-hand combat, stabbings, and explosions. This is all very realistic stuff. In one sequence, Bruce Wayne is injured in a nearly irreparable way, but is eventually healed. In one sequence, three dead bodies are hung from a bridge and in another, a dead boy's body washes up outside a sewer drain. Positive role models: Bruce Wayne is far from perfect. He makes many mistakes, but learns from them and eventually gathers the courage to defend Gotham City from Bane and his group of terrorists. John Blake is a loyal and seemingly fearless young cop who stands up for Batman and fights against Bane and his terrorists even when all hope is lost. Overall I'd give 'The Dark Knight Rises' four stars. It's a quality movie, given it is dark it's a very well-done film in which I give the director and actors their well-deserved credit.
Kid, 12 years old August 3, 2012

This is almost the best Batman movie ever!

This almost as good as the Dark Knight but not quite. This might be too for some tween.
Teen, 17 years old Written byKA movie buff August 3, 2012

Brilliant, epic, emotional......

This film is incredible! I can't say which movie in the trilogy I enjoy the most 'cause they're all so different! But this film is so engaging, suspenseful and entertaining! It was very violent and gritty and it made me cringe a few times. Probably not a good idea for kids who aren't teens. But it was an incredibly satisfying end to one of the best trilogies ever!
Teen, 14 years old Written byjadeybug12 August 2, 2012

The Dark Knight Rises

Let me say now, I am a major Batman fan. When I heard this movie was coming out I freaked. When I did finally see it, I was very impressed, me being me. The film was well planned out, the effects were amazing, and the scenes were very real - some a little too real. Like the past Batman films of this series, there is much violence. Many people are shot and get thier necks snapped by Bane, the villain of the film. People are tortured and beaten, and there are plenty of explosions. There's no blood (thank goodness), but all of the action and violence is overall very realistic and on camera. Moving on from that, the messages in this film in my opinion are ok. Batman is loyal to Gotham, even though "Gotham holds nothing for him but pain (Alfred)". Bruce (Batman) often makes mistakes (especially about whom to trust), but he does whatever it takes to protect the people of Gotham, even though it comes at cost to him, both physically and emotionally. A reoccuring theme in this film is revenge, which I'm not too crazy about, but it shows the goods and bads of it. Like I always say with PG-13 films, know your teen before lettign them see this film. I loved it so much I saw it twice. Like the Batman films before it, The Dark Knight Rises is a masterpiece, beautifully planned and filmed. If you're a Batfreak like me, I say see it ASAP.
Teen, 14 years old Written byCSKY42 July 31, 2012

BEST MOVIE EVER

this is the best movie i've seen all year better than the avengers its long but i was very entertained comon sense why do u guys think its 14+ its really 10+ some parts are violent like bane breaks a doctors neck on screen and innocent people get shot but its acually not bad it happends quickly no language my favorite part is when bane blows up that football staduim and hines ward is running to the end zone but the kid who sang the national anthem was slowly killed by bane he grabbed the kid choked him and threw him down the cliff
Teen, 13 years old Written bynickthebriton July 31, 2012

Sensational Job understanding required

I loved the Movie and it teaches a great lesson of good over evil. However there is much mature content in this movie. First of all your kid needs to be smart enough to understand it,and also there is off scene sex yet they are shown by the fire place and it is obvious what they had done after they kissed. There is also a lot of violence. I reccomend it for the mature.
Adult Written bySlytherin Student July 31, 2012

Batman proves he's got true grit

Batman really proves he has got some serious true grit in this movie. He doesn't give up even when he's forced into impossible situations, he pushes on through his emotions when he is falsely accussed of being a murder and a traitor, and he even is willing to die for his city when his city is ready to take him to Gotham Prison. I couldn't help but cry at the end. It is an amazing movie. It's got a dodgy scene with Bruce and a female that is not his wife, but other than that, not bad on sensuality. Language, yeahhhh there's a bit, but my neighbors say worse things every single day. Only thing I might say for your children being 10+ to watch this, is that if your child has a fear of insane people, Bane will scare them out of their seats. I found him more intimidating and ruthless than Joker, which I didn't know was possible. He frightened me a little bit, and I'm a 20 year old man. And about the violence, don't get me started. Duh! He's a superhero! There's going to be violence here, there, and everywhere! One of my favorite things about Batman is, he won't purpously kill someone. If someone dies on his hands, it was a compleate accident. He never kills. He is a truely good man. This movie has a very positive role model. One of the best movies I have ever seen.
Teen, 15 years old Written byJosiah Francis July 31, 2012

The Dark Knight Rises Reveiw

Teen, 13 years old Written byDark Shadows July 30, 2012

BEST MOVIE EVER

Batman was a great movie but it does have some things you shouldnt show a nine year old, for example in some parts of the movie there is violence and people getting shot but otherwise its a really good movie.
Teen, 13 years old Written bylucy31298 July 30, 2012

Good

I went to see this today, its a good film but very violent may be a tad scary for little kids and there was one use of the word b-----d and a sex scene as well
Teen, 16 years old Written byBestPicture1996 July 30, 2012

The Dark Knight concludes

Talk about going out with a bang, Nolan delivers his third masterpiece in the Batman trilogy to outstanding proportions. The move is rich with dark themes, like justice and pain and anger, and is exactly the movie we wanted. Bane is an excellent follow up to the Joker, a total polar opposite villain, and the enormous supporting cast holds each other's weight very nicely. One of the best films of the year, and hopefully the Academy will recognize that this time!
Teen, 15 years old Written byHALO13 July 29, 2012

The Dark Knight Rises. Perfect Ending To The Dark Knight Series.

I loved this film, not as violent as the dark knight, the tames is batman begins this is in between, and the dark knight is the most violent. that's cause of the joker and the joker is a psychopath. well enough about those film's this is the best one yet. some violence like Bane the film's villan breaks people's neck's. and may be scary to younger kid's. and the ending is not what you would expect. so i loved it. And my heart goes out to everone who died in the Colorado shootings at the midnight screening. and hope for the best for the wounded ones.
Kid, 11 years old July 29, 2012

Great movie, the worst in the series though.

This is definitely a good movie. If your child is mature, he can watch it at eight, if not, wait until he's at least ten.The sex scene is not graphic, it is just INFERRED your child probably won't even notice it.The violence is a little too aggressive for a five year old but, mostly just fight scenes with little aggression, if any at all.
Teen, 15 years old Written byPart IV July 29, 2012

Great, dark, well acted, its everything anyone could want in a Batman movie, Amazing!

Teen, 14 years old Written byPart II July 29, 2012

A MASTERPIECE, THIS MOVIE IS OUTSTANDING, ITS AMAZING!

Parent Written byRun boy run. July 29, 2012

Better than the Dark Knight, thats a bold statment I know but its true!

Teen, 14 years old Written byPART III July 29, 2012

The best film of the year so far! ITS INCREDABLE!

Teen, 15 years old Written byrealmovieviewer July 28, 2012

Great Movie; Violence somewhat unsettling

An excellent conclusion to the Batman trilogy. Nolan outdid himself again with a great movie that keeps you entertained from start to finish. The violence in the movie isn't extremely graphic but can be unsettling at times. The scene where Bane fights Batman in the sewers is a tough one for younger audiences. Some of Banes neck snapping kills can also be unsettling. Overall the movie would be fine for anyone that saw The Dark Knight.
Teen, 14 years old Written byjb321678 July 28, 2012

Nolan ends his trilogy with a bang.

Christopher Nolan really is quite an amazing director. The things he can do are just pretty astonishing. And The Dark Knight Rises is a wonderful example of that. This is one of the most famous trilogies of all time and one of the best. Nolan obviously wanted this film to really be the conclusion known for being a great conclusion. And that is exactly what it is. But remember this is a very voilent and intense film. This makes something like The Avengers seem rather childish. The film is somewhat dark in a sense but it really was nothing compared to the Dark Knight. This film is just dang voilent. There were lots of intense scenes. The majority of these scenes were with the main villain here Bane. Bane is a masked man that really was very evil and voilent. He really was a great villain. I can't say he was as goods as Heath Ledger's Joker because The Joker in the Dark Knight really can't be beat. There also was some brief and rather mild sensuality. I never found language to be a issue. Another good element to this film is the themes or role models it has. First off Bruce Wayne (AKA Batman) really is a great hero. He does some pretty nobel things in this film. I also really liked Alfred. Alfred gave some advice to Bruce Wayne that really helped shape Batman. And then there is Cat women. She might not seem like a great role model but she had this desire for a clean slate. A chance to start over. She wanted to restart her life in a positive way. She really felt guilty for the things she did and she just wanted to be a good person. Things like this were all good role models or messages. And I also must mention the finale to the film. It ends in a rather confusing but brilliant fashion. But the confusing part was obviously intentional. The Dark Knight Rises is a excellent conclusion. It's a amazing final chapter that defines Batman.