All member reviews for The Dark Knight Rises

Bale's final Batman is as gritty and dark as the first two.

Age

Parent Written byRun boy run. July 29, 2012

Better than the Dark Knight, thats a bold statment I know but its true!

Teen, 14 years old Written byPART III July 29, 2012

The best film of the year so far! ITS INCREDABLE!

Teen, 15 years old Written byrealmovieviewer July 28, 2012

Great Movie; Violence somewhat unsettling

An excellent conclusion to the Batman trilogy. Nolan outdid himself again with a great movie that keeps you entertained from start to finish. The violence in the movie isn't extremely graphic but can be unsettling at times. The scene where Bane fights Batman in the sewers is a tough one for younger audiences. Some of Banes neck snapping kills can also be unsettling. Overall the movie would be fine for anyone that saw The Dark Knight.
Teen, 14 years old Written byjb321678 July 28, 2012

Nolan ends his trilogy with a bang.

Christopher Nolan really is quite an amazing director. The things he can do are just pretty astonishing. And The Dark Knight Rises is a wonderful example of that. This is one of the most famous trilogies of all time and one of the best. Nolan obviously wanted this film to really be the conclusion known for being a great conclusion. And that is exactly what it is. But remember this is a very voilent and intense film. This makes something like The Avengers seem rather childish. The film is somewhat dark in a sense but it really was nothing compared to the Dark Knight. This film is just dang voilent. There were lots of intense scenes. The majority of these scenes were with the main villain here Bane. Bane is a masked man that really was very evil and voilent. He really was a great villain. I can't say he was as goods as Heath Ledger's Joker because The Joker in the Dark Knight really can't be beat. There also was some brief and rather mild sensuality. I never found language to be a issue. Another good element to this film is the themes or role models it has. First off Bruce Wayne (AKA Batman) really is a great hero. He does some pretty nobel things in this film. I also really liked Alfred. Alfred gave some advice to Bruce Wayne that really helped shape Batman. And then there is Cat women. She might not seem like a great role model but she had this desire for a clean slate. A chance to start over. She wanted to restart her life in a positive way. She really felt guilty for the things she did and she just wanted to be a good person. Things like this were all good role models or messages. And I also must mention the finale to the film. It ends in a rather confusing but brilliant fashion. But the confusing part was obviously intentional. The Dark Knight Rises is a excellent conclusion. It's a amazing final chapter that defines Batman.
Teen, 13 years old Written byFILMCRITIC500 July 28, 2012

extremely violent enidng to Christopher Nolans epic series

totally Oscar worthy, Nolans final Batman movie is probably the best film of this year. keep in mind that young kids should stay away from this epic blockbuster, for it is dark, violent, and menacing. it is far worse than the dark knight. there is almost non-stop action, with beatings, shootings, fights, destruction, explosions, chases, stabbings, bone breakings, and basicly anything you can think of. the body count is ridicously high, with hundreds of people being offed in many ways. younger kids should avoid it, but action loving teens should line right up!
Teen, 16 years old Written byThat90sguy July 27, 2012

Nice ending to the Nolan series.

The Dark Knight Rises was a great movie, but wasn't the best for a couple reasons. For one, it was too long. The first part of the movie has long sets ups of Bane, and Gotham completely falling apart, which were too long and some stuff felt like it needed to be cut. Second, there is not enough Batman. Sure, Batman is supposed to be dead, but since this is a sequel, he has to come back sometime, right? Nope, he's away for most of the movie in a cell. (won't give the reason why away) Those are the only things I didn't like about the movie. I would also say that this movie is ok for 15+, but might not be ok for kids younger than 13 as this movie does contain violence and dark themes. There are fist-fights, neck snappings, explosions, murder, stabbing, shooting, and more, but none of it is graphic. Overall, this movie is a nice way to end the series, and I think most young teens can handle it.
Kid, 12 years old July 27, 2012

An amazing conclusion to the trilogy.

I feel sorry for the victims of the Colorado shooting that couldn't see the ending of this film. All they wanted was to see If Batman dies or not. And what did they get? A mad shooter trying to kill them all Okay okay, that was insensitive about the fact that people died, but it was an amazing film and I honestly feel very sorry for the victims of the Colorado shooting. What kind of person do you have to be to shoot up a cinema! As for the movie itself, it was not truly as good as the last one but it was spectacular nonetheless. I recommend watching "Batman Begins" before watching this one. Bane was terrific as a villan, Even though I initially thought his voice was nauseating but now I think it was cool. Christian Bale is an amazing Bruce Wayne. Anne Hathaway was a good catwoman. As for innapropriate content: There is quite a bit of violence including neck breakings, fistfights, stabbing, shootings, etc, But nothing worse than "The Dark Knight". As far as Sexual content, There is implied sex, but it is off camera. There is some mild profanity, but no strong swear words used. I think its pause of 12 and under and On for 13 and up. its dark, gritty and violent but most teens should be able to handle it. I rate this movie not 4 stars, but 4 and a half stars. I recommend watching it. It should be ok for you if you watched this movie's predecessor, "The Dark Knight".
Adult Written bySpaceDead July 27, 2012

Very good movie.

I'm taking my son Aidan out to go see Batman but Aidan's brother has to go to grandmas if i let my Aidan play Dead Space he can watch this. Oh and my Aidan is 8.
Teen, 14 years old Written bytdpruett July 26, 2012

HOLLOWWOOD WINS AGAIN!!!!

HELLO....WAKE UP WORLD and HOLLOWWOOD. WHY IS THERE AN INTEREST AND AN INSATIABLE DESIRE FOR VIEWING MURDER, MAYHEM AND INNOCENT DEATHS??? Let's stop paying these PEOPLE ridiculous $$ to amuse us in SICK and DISGUSTING ways????' HELLO....are we so shallow that we let the SCREEN dictate our beliefs and make us blind FOLLOWERS? really? get real and make a little difference.
Kid, 12 years old July 26, 2012

great

Teen, 14 years old Written bycinnagurl July 26, 2012

great movie!

this is a great movie. really good. good amount of violence and darkness. i like that. but the thing about this movie is when i watch it all i think about is how it cant add up to dark knight. heath ledgers gone and theres no joker. thats something i really miss. bane is a really good villian. hes not as scary or as dark as heath ledger was. talia was good too. and anne hathaway has a very interesting catwoman. but the greatness comes towards the end. i love Joseph Gordon-Levitt. he is great in this movie. i think it was a little long just as dark knight was. so kids might get bored with it. but i think the biggest issue once again is violence. might scare youngsters
Teen, 17 years old Written byalien1 July 26, 2012

The Dark Knight Rises: The Trilogy is Complete

The film "The Dark Knight Rises" is gritty and dark as Batman Begins. The difference though between them is that, the farther along the trilogy went, Batman began to reach his breaking point (meaning: willing to kill), if necessary. That's definitely shown in Nolan's second Bat-flick, "The Dark Knight." As Heath Ledger portrayed the ever evil and quite sadistic role of The Joker, that's where the true darkness began. The Joker and Bane share similarities, in which they both kill to show that they aren't weak and need to possess power in order to get what they want. "The Dark Knight Rises" has some intense sequences of violence, in which the body count rises whenever Bane is around. There is mild language in the movie, so it follows suit with the other films. There is a small and very brief suggestive scene, in which there's kissing and hugging. As a teen who has seen and reviewed tons of movies (FB and IMDb), I think this is appropriate for those 15 and up. There are just certain scenes, which could affect kids mentally by seeing this film. Overall, the trilogy goes out on a good note. -KJD
Teen, 13 years old Written byBatmanGuy1 July 25, 2012

The Best Batman Trilogy Out There

Really awesome movie! The actors are amazing, the story is just super interesting and exciting, and it's awesome to watch Batman save Gotham City for the third time. YOU MUST WATCH THIS MOVIE!!
Kid, 10 years old July 25, 2012

sick movie not as good as the 2nd one

awesome movie but not for kids under 10. if youve handled the dark knight you can probably handle this movie
Teen, 15 years old Written byantoineisthebest July 24, 2012

good movie

good movie better than savages but at 13 and 14 kids not really like this thos e movie again but this was pretty good I like batman more than thos super hero with power and it's also darker wich I like more
Teen, 13 years old Written byjudoman July 23, 2012

Great show

The Dark Knight Rises is not as bad as Commonsense says. The violence is mild just like all other superhero movies and there is a bit of kissing and skimpy dressing, but nothing too bad. Batman is a positive role model and this is really a great show. It is not as good as the Dark Knight, but it is better than Batman Begins.
Teen, 17 years old Written bytripp106 July 23, 2012

Bat love!

This is one of the best movies I have seen! It was non stop action, had a great plot, and totally absorbs you from the first scene! I was at the midnight premiere, with over a thousand other people at my theater! So I don't think my review is needed, but I just wanted to rave about it! I would not take young kids to see it: violence, scary images, excessive injuries, SC(but it is off screen), and language(but nothing very bad. A MUST SEE!
Teen, 13 years old Written bymeme103 July 23, 2012

one of The Best Movies i have ever seen

Either this or Avatar is my favorite movie!!! I wont tell you anything about the movie except that it is awesome!! so that you will go see it which you should. [its better than the avengers!!] and i loved the avengers.
Teen, 14 years old Written byStevie111 July 23, 2012

Dark and intense action movie is not for young kids

This a very dark movie much like the second. It has lots of violence and intense moments. I would not recommend for under 11, but teens are a safer bet.
Kid, 12 years old July 23, 2012

The dark knight rises is one of the best superhero movies ever !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I loved this movie because of the action, story line, use of superheroes and acting This is the best batman out of all the three batman movies go see this movie at your local theater. PS bane voice is easy to understand and it is so good that im going to buy this title on blu-ray