All member reviews for The Dark Knight Rises

Bale's final Batman is as gritty and dark as the first two.

Teen, 16 years old Written byThat90sguy July 27, 2012

Nice ending to the Nolan series.

The Dark Knight Rises was a great movie, but wasn't the best for a couple reasons. For one, it was too long. The first part of the movie has long sets ups of Bane, and Gotham completely falling apart, which were too long and some stuff felt like it needed to be cut. Second, there is not enough Batman. Sure, Batman is supposed to be dead, but since this is a sequel, he has to come back sometime, right? Nope, he's away for most of the movie in a cell. (won't give the reason why away) Those are the only things I didn't like about the movie. I would also say that this movie is ok for 15+, but might not be ok for kids younger than 13 as this movie does contain violence and dark themes. There are fist-fights, neck snappings, explosions, murder, stabbing, shooting, and more, but none of it is graphic. Overall, this movie is a nice way to end the series, and I think most young teens can handle it.
Kid, 12 years old July 27, 2012

An amazing conclusion to the trilogy.

I feel sorry for the victims of the Colorado shooting that couldn't see the ending of this film. All they wanted was to see If Batman dies or not. And what did they get? A mad shooter trying to kill them all Okay okay, that was insensitive about the fact that people died, but it was an amazing film and I honestly feel very sorry for the victims of the Colorado shooting. What kind of person do you have to be to shoot up a cinema! As for the movie itself, it was not truly as good as the last one but it was spectacular nonetheless. I recommend watching "Batman Begins" before watching this one. Bane was terrific as a villan, Even though I initially thought his voice was nauseating but now I think it was cool. Christian Bale is an amazing Bruce Wayne. Anne Hathaway was a good catwoman. As for innapropriate content: There is quite a bit of violence including neck breakings, fistfights, stabbing, shootings, etc, But nothing worse than "The Dark Knight". As far as Sexual content, There is implied sex, but it is off camera. There is some mild profanity, but no strong swear words used. I think its pause of 12 and under and On for 13 and up. its dark, gritty and violent but most teens should be able to handle it. I rate this movie not 4 stars, but 4 and a half stars. I recommend watching it. It should be ok for you if you watched this movie's predecessor, "The Dark Knight".
Adult Written bySpaceDead July 27, 2012

Very good movie.

I'm taking my son Aidan out to go see Batman but Aidan's brother has to go to grandmas if i let my Aidan play Dead Space he can watch this. Oh and my Aidan is 8.
Teen, 14 years old Written bytdpruett July 26, 2012

HOLLOWWOOD WINS AGAIN!!!!

HELLO....WAKE UP WORLD and HOLLOWWOOD. WHY IS THERE AN INTEREST AND AN INSATIABLE DESIRE FOR VIEWING MURDER, MAYHEM AND INNOCENT DEATHS??? Let's stop paying these PEOPLE ridiculous $$ to amuse us in SICK and DISGUSTING ways????' HELLO....are we so shallow that we let the SCREEN dictate our beliefs and make us blind FOLLOWERS? really? get real and make a little difference.
Kid, 12 years old July 26, 2012

great

Teen, 14 years old Written bycinnagurl July 26, 2012

great movie!

this is a great movie. really good. good amount of violence and darkness. i like that. but the thing about this movie is when i watch it all i think about is how it cant add up to dark knight. heath ledgers gone and theres no joker. thats something i really miss. bane is a really good villian. hes not as scary or as dark as heath ledger was. talia was good too. and anne hathaway has a very interesting catwoman. but the greatness comes towards the end. i love Joseph Gordon-Levitt. he is great in this movie. i think it was a little long just as dark knight was. so kids might get bored with it. but i think the biggest issue once again is violence. might scare youngsters
Teen, 17 years old Written byalien1 July 26, 2012

The Dark Knight Rises: The Trilogy is Complete

The film "The Dark Knight Rises" is gritty and dark as Batman Begins. The difference though between them is that, the farther along the trilogy went, Batman began to reach his breaking point (meaning: willing to kill), if necessary. That's definitely shown in Nolan's second Bat-flick, "The Dark Knight." As Heath Ledger portrayed the ever evil and quite sadistic role of The Joker, that's where the true darkness began. The Joker and Bane share similarities, in which they both kill to show that they aren't weak and need to possess power in order to get what they want. "The Dark Knight Rises" has some intense sequences of violence, in which the body count rises whenever Bane is around. There is mild language in the movie, so it follows suit with the other films. There is a small and very brief suggestive scene, in which there's kissing and hugging. As a teen who has seen and reviewed tons of movies (FB and IMDb), I think this is appropriate for those 15 and up. There are just certain scenes, which could affect kids mentally by seeing this film. Overall, the trilogy goes out on a good note. -KJD
Teen, 13 years old Written byBatmanGuy1 July 25, 2012

The Best Batman Trilogy Out There

Really awesome movie! The actors are amazing, the story is just super interesting and exciting, and it's awesome to watch Batman save Gotham City for the third time. YOU MUST WATCH THIS MOVIE!!
Kid, 10 years old July 25, 2012

sick movie not as good as the 2nd one

awesome movie but not for kids under 10. if youve handled the dark knight you can probably handle this movie
Teen, 15 years old Written byantoineisthebest July 24, 2012

good movie

good movie better than savages but at 13 and 14 kids not really like this thos e movie again but this was pretty good I like batman more than thos super hero with power and it's also darker wich I like more
Teen, 16 years old Written byMovie_Critic July 24, 2012

LEARNING

The Batman Definitely Rises

I absolutely loved this film! I thought it was spectacular and near life changing. If you have been following the Batman series of movies, this one was a knock out. With constant twists and turns, it kept the audience on their feet the entire time. Be careful when taking your kids because there is a lot of violence, not inappropriately but mostly many scenes of Batman destroying buildings, guns, murder, a fist-fight scene, betrayal, and thievery.
Teen, 13 years old Written byjudoman July 23, 2012

Great show

The Dark Knight Rises is not as bad as Commonsense says. The violence is mild just like all other superhero movies and there is a bit of kissing and skimpy dressing, but nothing too bad. Batman is a positive role model and this is really a great show. It is not as good as the Dark Knight, but it is better than Batman Begins.
Teen, 17 years old Written bytripp106 July 23, 2012

Bat love!

This is one of the best movies I have seen! It was non stop action, had a great plot, and totally absorbs you from the first scene! I was at the midnight premiere, with over a thousand other people at my theater! So I don't think my review is needed, but I just wanted to rave about it! I would not take young kids to see it: violence, scary images, excessive injuries, SC(but it is off screen), and language(but nothing very bad. A MUST SEE!
Teen, 13 years old Written bymeme103 July 23, 2012

one of The Best Movies i have ever seen

Either this or Avatar is my favorite movie!!! I wont tell you anything about the movie except that it is awesome!! so that you will go see it which you should. [its better than the avengers!!] and i loved the avengers.
Teen, 14 years old Written byStevie111 July 23, 2012

Dark and intense action movie is not for young kids

This a very dark movie much like the second. It has lots of violence and intense moments. I would not recommend for under 11, but teens are a safer bet.
Kid, 12 years old July 23, 2012

The dark knight rises is one of the best superhero movies ever !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I loved this movie because of the action, story line, use of superheroes and acting This is the best batman out of all the three batman movies go see this movie at your local theater. PS bane voice is easy to understand and it is so good that im going to buy this title on blu-ray
Kid, 12 years old July 23, 2012

the dark knight rises into my top 10

despite being insanley long the new batman movie is exciting funny and above all increadbly fun.Also don't let anyone tell you about the ending.It's shocking
Teen, 16 years old Written byAdam C. July 23, 2012

One of the best of 2012

Great movie. My second favorite of the year so far. Nolan again proves his fantastic directing prowess, and the cinematography and visual and auditory editing is phenomenal. Acting performances by Christian Bale, Tom Hardy, and Michael Caine compliment the fantastic technical achievements and entertaining plot. A few cases where drama wasn't built up properly such as the events leading to Bane's warload take over of the city, but with a screenplay this entertaining it is superficial.
Teen, 15 years old Written byinfamous623 July 23, 2012

Great movie, some violence

Great movie! It really isn't that bad other than the violence but nothing worse then what you'll see in your average video game. I recommend it to a mature 11-12 yr old and up. I couldn't remember them swearing at all and of course it's a positive role model because he's saving Gotham and beating up bad guys, unlike a pot smoking bear I know. (Ted reference)
Parent Written byMusicRock668 July 22, 2012

Epic Final Batman Movie Better for old Preteens !

this Movie is Excellent final batman movie but villan in this one bane is very intense scary will scary any kids under ages of Preteen also is Very high Body count of this movie bane kills lot of people by breaking they necks all most of deaths by him is off screen but one is Showing ! this movie is very Violent for young batman fans i saw this movie today they was 3 year in theater today which think is too young see this movie bane is too scary for young kids ! also opening scene is kind Gruesome as shows bane stick these ivs tubes in too guy arm and anne hathway us much of issues with this movie only thing is she is see most in black skin tight Suit in most of the Movie ! i say this Movie is Better For Preteens i love it ! is Must see ! best Batman Movie is great Final Ending Series !