All member reviews for The Dark Knight Rises

Bale's final Batman is as gritty and dark as the first two.

Teen, 15 years old Written byJosiah Francis July 31, 2012

The Dark Knight Rises Reveiw

Teen, 13 years old Written byDark Shadows July 30, 2012

BEST MOVIE EVER

Batman was a great movie but it does have some things you shouldnt show a nine year old, for example in some parts of the movie there is violence and people getting shot but otherwise its a really good movie.
Teen, 13 years old Written bylucy31298 July 30, 2012

Good

I went to see this today, its a good film but very violent may be a tad scary for little kids and there was one use of the word b-----d and a sex scene as well
Teen, 16 years old Written byBestPicture1996 July 30, 2012

The Dark Knight concludes

Talk about going out with a bang, Nolan delivers his third masterpiece in the Batman trilogy to outstanding proportions. The move is rich with dark themes, like justice and pain and anger, and is exactly the movie we wanted. Bane is an excellent follow up to the Joker, a total polar opposite villain, and the enormous supporting cast holds each other's weight very nicely. One of the best films of the year, and hopefully the Academy will recognize that this time!
Teen, 15 years old Written byHALO13 July 29, 2012

The Dark Knight Rises. Perfect Ending To The Dark Knight Series.

I loved this film, not as violent as the dark knight, the tames is batman begins this is in between, and the dark knight is the most violent. that's cause of the joker and the joker is a psychopath. well enough about those film's this is the best one yet. some violence like Bane the film's villan breaks people's neck's. and may be scary to younger kid's. and the ending is not what you would expect. so i loved it. And my heart goes out to everone who died in the Colorado shootings at the midnight screening. and hope for the best for the wounded ones.
Kid, 11 years old July 29, 2012

Great movie, the worst in the series though.

This is definitely a good movie. If your child is mature, he can watch it at eight, if not, wait until he's at least ten.The sex scene is not graphic, it is just INFERRED your child probably won't even notice it.The violence is a little too aggressive for a five year old but, mostly just fight scenes with little aggression, if any at all.
Teen, 15 years old Written byPart IV July 29, 2012

Great, dark, well acted, its everything anyone could want in a Batman movie, Amazing!

Teen, 14 years old Written byPart II July 29, 2012

A MASTERPIECE, THIS MOVIE IS OUTSTANDING, ITS AMAZING!

Parent Written byRun boy run. July 29, 2012

Better than the Dark Knight, thats a bold statment I know but its true!

Teen, 14 years old Written byPART III July 29, 2012

The best film of the year so far! ITS INCREDABLE!

Teen, 15 years old Written byrealmovieviewer July 28, 2012

Great Movie; Violence somewhat unsettling

An excellent conclusion to the Batman trilogy. Nolan outdid himself again with a great movie that keeps you entertained from start to finish. The violence in the movie isn't extremely graphic but can be unsettling at times. The scene where Bane fights Batman in the sewers is a tough one for younger audiences. Some of Banes neck snapping kills can also be unsettling. Overall the movie would be fine for anyone that saw The Dark Knight.
Teen, 14 years old Written byjb321678 July 28, 2012

Nolan ends his trilogy with a bang.

Christopher Nolan really is quite an amazing director. The things he can do are just pretty astonishing. And The Dark Knight Rises is a wonderful example of that. This is one of the most famous trilogies of all time and one of the best. Nolan obviously wanted this film to really be the conclusion known for being a great conclusion. And that is exactly what it is. But remember this is a very voilent and intense film. This makes something like The Avengers seem rather childish. The film is somewhat dark in a sense but it really was nothing compared to the Dark Knight. This film is just dang voilent. There were lots of intense scenes. The majority of these scenes were with the main villain here Bane. Bane is a masked man that really was very evil and voilent. He really was a great villain. I can't say he was as goods as Heath Ledger's Joker because The Joker in the Dark Knight really can't be beat. There also was some brief and rather mild sensuality. I never found language to be a issue. Another good element to this film is the themes or role models it has. First off Bruce Wayne (AKA Batman) really is a great hero. He does some pretty nobel things in this film. I also really liked Alfred. Alfred gave some advice to Bruce Wayne that really helped shape Batman. And then there is Cat women. She might not seem like a great role model but she had this desire for a clean slate. A chance to start over. She wanted to restart her life in a positive way. She really felt guilty for the things she did and she just wanted to be a good person. Things like this were all good role models or messages. And I also must mention the finale to the film. It ends in a rather confusing but brilliant fashion. But the confusing part was obviously intentional. The Dark Knight Rises is a excellent conclusion. It's a amazing final chapter that defines Batman.
Teen, 13 years old Written byFILMCRITIC500 July 28, 2012

extremely violent enidng to Christopher Nolans epic series

totally Oscar worthy, Nolans final Batman movie is probably the best film of this year. keep in mind that young kids should stay away from this epic blockbuster, for it is dark, violent, and menacing. it is far worse than the dark knight. there is almost non-stop action, with beatings, shootings, fights, destruction, explosions, chases, stabbings, bone breakings, and basicly anything you can think of. the body count is ridicously high, with hundreds of people being offed in many ways. younger kids should avoid it, but action loving teens should line right up!
Teen, 16 years old Written byThat90sguy July 27, 2012

Nice ending to the Nolan series.

The Dark Knight Rises was a great movie, but wasn't the best for a couple reasons. For one, it was too long. The first part of the movie has long sets ups of Bane, and Gotham completely falling apart, which were too long and some stuff felt like it needed to be cut. Second, there is not enough Batman. Sure, Batman is supposed to be dead, but since this is a sequel, he has to come back sometime, right? Nope, he's away for most of the movie in a cell. (won't give the reason why away) Those are the only things I didn't like about the movie. I would also say that this movie is ok for 15+, but might not be ok for kids younger than 13 as this movie does contain violence and dark themes. There are fist-fights, neck snappings, explosions, murder, stabbing, shooting, and more, but none of it is graphic. Overall, this movie is a nice way to end the series, and I think most young teens can handle it.
Kid, 12 years old July 27, 2012

An amazing conclusion to the trilogy.

I feel sorry for the victims of the Colorado shooting that couldn't see the ending of this film. All they wanted was to see If Batman dies or not. And what did they get? A mad shooter trying to kill them all Okay okay, that was insensitive about the fact that people died, but it was an amazing film and I honestly feel very sorry for the victims of the Colorado shooting. What kind of person do you have to be to shoot up a cinema! As for the movie itself, it was not truly as good as the last one but it was spectacular nonetheless. I recommend watching "Batman Begins" before watching this one. Bane was terrific as a villan, Even though I initially thought his voice was nauseating but now I think it was cool. Christian Bale is an amazing Bruce Wayne. Anne Hathaway was a good catwoman. As for innapropriate content: There is quite a bit of violence including neck breakings, fistfights, stabbing, shootings, etc, But nothing worse than "The Dark Knight". As far as Sexual content, There is implied sex, but it is off camera. There is some mild profanity, but no strong swear words used. I think its pause of 12 and under and On for 13 and up. its dark, gritty and violent but most teens should be able to handle it. I rate this movie not 4 stars, but 4 and a half stars. I recommend watching it. It should be ok for you if you watched this movie's predecessor, "The Dark Knight".
Adult Written bySpaceDead July 27, 2012

Very good movie.

I'm taking my son Aidan out to go see Batman but Aidan's brother has to go to grandmas if i let my Aidan play Dead Space he can watch this. Oh and my Aidan is 8.
Teen, 14 years old Written bytdpruett July 26, 2012

HOLLOWWOOD WINS AGAIN!!!!

HELLO....WAKE UP WORLD and HOLLOWWOOD. WHY IS THERE AN INTEREST AND AN INSATIABLE DESIRE FOR VIEWING MURDER, MAYHEM AND INNOCENT DEATHS??? Let's stop paying these PEOPLE ridiculous $$ to amuse us in SICK and DISGUSTING ways????' HELLO....are we so shallow that we let the SCREEN dictate our beliefs and make us blind FOLLOWERS? really? get real and make a little difference.
Kid, 12 years old July 26, 2012

great

Teen, 14 years old Written bycinnagurl July 26, 2012

great movie!

this is a great movie. really good. good amount of violence and darkness. i like that. but the thing about this movie is when i watch it all i think about is how it cant add up to dark knight. heath ledgers gone and theres no joker. thats something i really miss. bane is a really good villian. hes not as scary or as dark as heath ledger was. talia was good too. and anne hathaway has a very interesting catwoman. but the greatness comes towards the end. i love Joseph Gordon-Levitt. he is great in this movie. i think it was a little long just as dark knight was. so kids might get bored with it. but i think the biggest issue once again is violence. might scare youngsters
Teen, 17 years old Written byalien1 July 26, 2012

The Dark Knight Rises: The Trilogy is Complete

The film "The Dark Knight Rises" is gritty and dark as Batman Begins. The difference though between them is that, the farther along the trilogy went, Batman began to reach his breaking point (meaning: willing to kill), if necessary. That's definitely shown in Nolan's second Bat-flick, "The Dark Knight." As Heath Ledger portrayed the ever evil and quite sadistic role of The Joker, that's where the true darkness began. The Joker and Bane share similarities, in which they both kill to show that they aren't weak and need to possess power in order to get what they want. "The Dark Knight Rises" has some intense sequences of violence, in which the body count rises whenever Bane is around. There is mild language in the movie, so it follows suit with the other films. There is a small and very brief suggestive scene, in which there's kissing and hugging. As a teen who has seen and reviewed tons of movies (FB and IMDb), I think this is appropriate for those 15 and up. There are just certain scenes, which could affect kids mentally by seeing this film. Overall, the trilogy goes out on a good note. -KJD