All parent member reviews for The Dark Knight

Parent Written bySacko November 10, 2012

Good

A very good movie, must watch but too much scary scenes .....
Adult Written bydarkknightrises232 July 14, 2012

Best superhero movie out. No question.

Lots of non-bloody violence, some occasional swearing(most of it is relatively mild), some smoking and drinking, and sensuality.
Adult Written bynbafan3535 July 13, 2012

PG13 movie. R rated content.

Extreme drinking and violence.
Adult Written byEntertainment Medley May 30, 2012

The Dark Knight loses some of his morals but doesn't completely give in to the dark side.

This film has numerous plot twists and an even darker story line. However, the overall story is not as inspiring or as well constructed as the first movie and there is a lot more amorality (coming from Batman as well, though not as much as the villain, for he may torture people for answers but still refuses to murder), in this film. This film may feature a lot of black humor (depending on your perspective, you could also find the Joker's antics far from humorous) which may desensitize some people to violence. The main highlight of this film (although some of it's aspects are good, just not great) is Heath Ledger's performance as the Joker. It should also be noted that in one scene a character offers another champagne, equating the drink to "liquid courage".
Adult Written byJEDI micah April 30, 2012

BATMAN, AT ITS BEST!!!

Without a doubt, this is the best Batman movie ever! But it's also the most violent and darkest! This Batman is definitely not for kids! If this movie was not about Batman, it would be rated R because it has the most intense violence in a PG-13 movie I have ever seen! There's lots and lots and LOTS of guns, knives, fistfights, explosions, and destruction. Also the Joker is frightening and another villain, Two Face, has his face torn in half from an explosion, revealing a scary look. Parents, this is not like the old cheesy Batman movies from the late 80's and 90's! That's why I suggest that this movie is for kids ages 14 and older. If your kids younger than 14 want to see this movie, you should tell them to wait until they're older to watch it because it is too intense, scary, and mature for them. Even adults may feel uncomfortable watching this movie. I rented the DVD for this movie when I was 14, but somehow I managed to watch the whole thing! My dad didn't even want to watch it! He left at the beginning of the movie because he does not like very violent movies! My sister, who is one year younger than me, also left because the Joker scared her! Once again, best Batman movie ever!
Parent of a 13 year old Written bycolten97 February 18, 2012

The Dark Knight

Dark, complex and unforgettable, The Dark Knight succeeds not just as an entertaining comic book film, but as a richly thrilling crime saga. But extensive, intense violence, including shootings, stabbings, fistfights, explosions, rocket attacks, grenades, and more. A thug is slammed face-first onto a pencil that's stuck in a table; an underling has an explosive device sewn into his body and then detonated; a hallucinogenic "fear drug" is used as a weapon; dogs are unleashed on victims; a man is set ablaze; cars crash; characters are bound in rooms full of explosives; live grenades are placed in the hands and mouths of hostages; two boats full of passengers are threatened with bombs on-board; suicide bombs are used as threats; knives and guns are brandished. Several characters have extensive facial scarring, either from knives or fire. This is a great movie, but not for all kids under 15.
Adult Written bygreenergere July 3, 2011

dark knight

i hated it.
Educator and Parent Written byYOURMum June 14, 2011

Best Movie ever

Watch the movie
Adult Written byratkinson0005 June 20, 2010
Parent of a 6 and 11 year old Written bymanpreetc June 14, 2010

Too heavy and Dark for kids.

Great movie, but too dark for kids. Not just the violence, but the intensity of the Joker. He is scary, menacing, dark, and it's a bit too much for kids. Characters are killed or mentally/physically broken or tortured to the Joker's delight, I think it's too heavy for the younger audience. My 11 (almost 12yr) old, I told him to wait a couple years.
Parent of a 4 and 9 year old Written byironman2 May 17, 2010

The Caped Crusader is back

A great film but this was a very dark film plus your child won't like it.
Adult Written byThatKrazyGuy May 3, 2010

Bob Cane would be proud

"The Dark Knight" is the apex of all the Batman movies. It is the definative Batman film. Running a riviting and thrill-packed 2 hours and 32 minutes, this film is top-notch. Directing is great, acting is amazing (to say awe-inspiring would not be strong enough), and the all-together package is worth the 1 billion+ dollars it made in the box office. Parents know this is not the Adam West Batman that we all know. Take part one "Batman Begins" for example. That film was the serious Batman story in 2005. Now in part 2, director Chris Nolan decided we all got a taste of his Gotham in the first installment and gives us a much heavier, darker film in the second. This is a hard-core PG-13. The violence is bloodless, but strong. The language is infrequent, but it is there (ie: one use of "g*****n", repeated use of "a*s", "h**l", and "d**n", and one unspoken but mouthed out use of "f**k"). This is a great movie. Enjoy. Suitable for ages 15+ (it will scare/disturb younger viewers). 5/5 stars! ENJOY!!
Adult Written bycrazy guy December 26, 2009

Good but lots of bad stuff

Good but lots of bad stuff
Parent of a 7 and 13 year old Written bypsalm3410 November 23, 2009
Parent of a 9 and 11 year old Written byboston_dad November 13, 2009

A powerful, brilliant movie about brilliance -- iffy for 9 but worth sharing anyway

I loved this movie, and my 9-year-old son enjoyed it, but I think the dark violence -- and especially the evil nature of the Joker character -- was too intense for him. The movie sparked a really positive discussion with him about the nature of intelligence and its role in making people do good or bad things.
Adult Written bygamenerd323 November 3, 2009

NOOOOOOOO KIDS!!!!!!!

This movie is dark, meancing, violent, and just down right innapropiate. When I saw this movie in theaters, I was sickend by how many parents brought their little children. This movie is not for kids, it could pass for R if it had even the smallest amount of more bad content. Althugh this movie is amazing, not only is it the best superhero/comic book, movie out there but it is one of the best movies in history. In addition to the iolence the movie is so dark and has so much menace in it!
Adult Written bymrs.black09 September 3, 2009

Great Movie, But Definitely for Teens and Adults! (spoiler alert!)

This was an excellent movie, and definitely a must-see for people who are old enough. However, it is a very intense movie and even the good guys don't pull their punches. The Joker, of course, was terrifying, but the villian who manages to reduce me, as an adult, into a giant puddle of tears was Two-Face. Not only were the burns that gave him his distinctive visage horrific, but the way that he just walks up and blows people away - even people who didn't do anything to him - and eventually kidnaps a family and holds a gun to a little boy's head while the boy's father cries and begs helplessly for his son's life was horrible and nightmare inducing for me and my mother both. I went to two showings and was horrified to find myself sitting behind little kids both times. The kids were crying hysterically within the first thirty minutes. Also, no one else has mentioned this so maybe I'm a little nuts but I thought I'd bring it up. Me and all my female friends have a hard time watching one scene between Rachel and the Joker - it's very menacing and there's a hint of sexual predation that was very hard to shake. I get sick to my stomach every time I watch that scene.
Adult Written byparent Monica August 31, 2009

Violence is dark and evil

The movie was extremely violent. In the first 15 minutes, about a dozen people are shot. The violence is also heinous - the Joker sticks a pencil into a table and smashes a man's head into it for his "magic trick" of a disappearing pencil.
Adult Written byEvanReviews August 14, 2009
Adult Written byREDSOX101 July 27, 2009

Dark Knight great movie but P.S.H. got jipped

I went and saw this the night it came out in theaters. It's a great movie, christian bale is the greatest batman there is. Although heath ledger did a good job as joker, he didn't deserve best supporting actor. Phillip Seymore Hoffman deserved it for doubt. The only reason why he won best suppoting actor is because he died. Who cares if he died anyway? But all in all it's a great movie. But can be frightning for smaller children.