All member reviews for The Day After Tomorrow

Some cool special effects...that's about it.

Parent of a 11 and 14 year old Written byFather Aware July 21, 2010
Adult Written bygamenerd323 November 3, 2009

Mature tweens and teens

Role models: People try and help the survivors with their lives. Sex: Some kissing Violence: Some blood, dead bodies are shown consistantly. Young people have graphic wounds. message: Depressing language: Some language like s--t, d--n, a--, etc. drinking: Little drinking or smoking Connsumerismn: FOX news is shown consistantly in the movie. Is the movie good?: Absolutley
Teen, 13 years old Written byEMINEM27 May 26, 2011

the day after tomorrow reveiw

I think that this movie was great! it wasnt too scary in the sense that the world is going to end! and there isnt that much bad language. just a few words. no swearing though.
Kid, 8 years old March 4, 2014

7andup

i am 8 first watch when i was 7 second favorite movie rated pg13 i think for boring adult talking parts may be scary for under 10 if they like weather channel on demands shows they may like this.
Kid, 11 years old April 8, 2013

THOUGHT-CAPTURING, ACTION-FILLED, THE DAY AFTER TOMORROW IS A MUST!

Postive Role Models: 3/5. Kid in school, with A+ in all of his classes. Postive Messages: 3/5. Never give up. Violence: 4/5. Intense sci-fi peril. Pieces of hail knock a man out. Wolves attack (but don't succeed) the main character and his group. Slightly frightening. Lots of tornadoes, tidal waves kill several people. We only see bodies briefly shown flotaing away. Bodies, with no blood/gore are shown trapped under layers of ice. The main characyter almost drowns. A sharp object pierced the leg of one of the characters, and blood is shown. Some blood on faces of characters. Lots of wreckage, cars shown buried in the snow. Helicopters escape really close-up tornadoes. Intense, somewhat frightening sequence in that scene. Sex: 2/5. Kissing. Lanuage: 3/5. Bullsh*t, D*mn. Consumerism: 2/5. FOX vans/music, and some chinese restaurants displayed. Drinking/Drugs/Smoking: 3/5. Some characters drink at times. Very good. A must-see epic!
Kid, 12 years old November 30, 2009

Good for tweens

Good flick. Not the end of the world if not seen.
Kid, 10 years old March 31, 2013

good flick

it is a good movie about the second ice age.
Parent of a 18+ year old Written byparentandbest August 8, 2012

not for kids

not for kids
Parent Written byPlague March 15, 2010

The Day After Tomorrow

Great movie. Kids might get frightened by it from the intense peril.
Kid, 11 years old April 22, 2014

Disaster movie is not for worriers. Cool special effects.

It and cool visuals and was pretty intense. If you are a worrier, you should not watch this. There's an interrupted sex scene and a couple uses of s**t. Has good messages about the relationship of a father and his family. Otherwise it was defiantly better than I expected and would like to watch it again. So I would recommend it, but I don't think it was one of Roland Emerich's best. :(
Teen, 17 years old Written byabbacus June 15, 2012

Really good!

Okay for tweens and good for teens.
Teen, 13 years old Written byReviewer123 January 9, 2011
It was really exciting and fun to watch.
Teen, 14 years old Written bytilli14 January 31, 2016

Okay, depends on if you like Sci-Fi movies,

The Day after Tomorrow is an okay movie, following the story of what might happen if the polar ice caps melt and Earth's weather conditions caused peril and destruction world wide. It is an obviously sci-fi, supernatural movie, and the whole movie is quite intense, as well as there being a few gory scenes throughout. In some parts, dead bodies and open wounds are seen, and various city destruction scenes are viewed throughout. There are some good effects and good parts throughout, but overall the movie is really intense to watch, and maybe for younger audience the super natural events showcased may easily take away from the actual story line, or some may find it scary. It is an average movie, and there is learning involved, but unless you're really into sci-fi movies I wouldn't be running out to get it right away.
Kid, 11 years old January 9, 2015

awesome storyline and doesnt over do it

this movie is just perfect. some may think its too severe for young children but its actually fine. there is no harsh language. extremely mild flirtation, and the sound effects are amazing. Common Sense Media was stupid to give this movie half the rating it should be getting.
Kid, 11 years old May 17, 2014

The Movie Before Tommorrow

This movie was not one of the best movies I have seen. It was okay, I watched this when I was a third grade like I did for Jurassic Park and Jaws, but the thing here to say is that this movie could scare little kids. Even though I handled it, most kids and friends of mine were creeped out when I was in third grade. There are some cool effects, but there is no messages or good role models. Just people and objects freezing up, and no blood or gore. But many freeze up and die, or they die for no reason. That is just about all I can say. Probably, this is on my top 50 worst movies ever. (rank 49 worst)
Kid, 12 years old November 4, 2013

Fun Pass Time, Thats About It!

This is one of my favorite movies, but maybe not a really good movie. Its kind of a guilty pleasure, to watch on the weekends or something. Its fun to watch, but not QUALITY movie.
Teen, 13 years old Written byToxicSunDisaster May 11, 2012

Good Movie!

This movie is Really good! Great Special Effects! If your child is a fan of horror films like The Shining and Paranormal Activity then this movie would look like the care bears to them. There is a scene when man commits suicide but no blood is shown. The most scary scene has to be the New York tsunami. This movie would probably be suitable for 11 and up, for kids younger may get nightmares about the end of the world. (NOTE) There are survivors in this movie so it is not basically the end of the world.
Teen, 13 years old Written byFerrariLover12 June 7, 2016

It Was a good Movie!

The only problem that I had with this movie was the ending. I won't spoil it but over all, it was a great Movie. There were some violent parts to it though.
Teen, 14 years old Written byGusthepotterhead September 28, 2014

There's a BIG DIFFERENCE BETWEEN VIOLENCE AND ACTION!!!!

There's no violence, but action and suspence, great message (stop global warming or this movie happens) and great role models.
Kid, 11 years old August 9, 2012

Great Movie!

I love this movie! I watched it with my cousin and we both loved it! I think it has a good message but it might scare some younger kids. The reason of this is because you feel like you're there in the movie so it can tend to get a little scary.