All member reviews for The Day After Tomorrow

Some cool special effects...that's about it.

Parent of a 11 and 14 year old Written byFather Aware July 21, 2010
Teen, 13 years old Written byEMINEM27 May 26, 2011

the day after tomorrow reveiw

I think that this movie was great! it wasnt too scary in the sense that the world is going to end! and there isnt that much bad language. just a few words. no swearing though.
Adult Written bygamenerd323 November 3, 2009

Mature tweens and teens

Role models: People try and help the survivors with their lives. Sex: Some kissing Violence: Some blood, dead bodies are shown consistantly. Young people have graphic wounds. message: Depressing language: Some language like s--t, d--n, a--, etc. drinking: Little drinking or smoking Connsumerismn: FOX news is shown consistantly in the movie. Is the movie good?: Absolutley
Kid, 11 years old April 22, 2014

Disaster movie is not for worriers. Cool special effects.

It and cool visuals and was pretty intense. If you are a worrier, you should not watch this. There's an interrupted sex scene and a couple uses of s**t. Has good messages about the relationship of a father and his family. Otherwise it was defiantly better than I expected and would like to watch it again. So I would recommend it, but I don't think it was one of Roland Emerich's best. :(
Kid, 8 years old March 4, 2014

7andup

i am 8 first watch when i was 7 second favorite movie rated pg13 i think for boring adult talking parts may be scary for under 10 if they like weather channel on demands shows they may like this.
Kid, 12 years old November 4, 2013

Fun Pass Time, Thats About It!

This is one of my favorite movies, but maybe not a really good movie. Its kind of a guilty pleasure, to watch on the weekends or something. Its fun to watch, but not QUALITY movie.
Kid, 11 years old April 8, 2013

THOUGHT-CAPTURING, ACTION-FILLED, THE DAY AFTER TOMORROW IS A MUST!

Postive Role Models: 3/5. Kid in school, with A+ in all of his classes. Postive Messages: 3/5. Never give up. Violence: 4/5. Intense sci-fi peril. Pieces of hail knock a man out. Wolves attack (but don't succeed) the main character and his group. Slightly frightening. Lots of tornadoes, tidal waves kill several people. We only see bodies briefly shown flotaing away. Bodies, with no blood/gore are shown trapped under layers of ice. The main characyter almost drowns. A sharp object pierced the leg of one of the characters, and blood is shown. Some blood on faces of characters. Lots of wreckage, cars shown buried in the snow. Helicopters escape really close-up tornadoes. Intense, somewhat frightening sequence in that scene. Sex: 2/5. Kissing. Lanuage: 3/5. Bullsh*t, D*mn. Consumerism: 2/5. FOX vans/music, and some chinese restaurants displayed. Drinking/Drugs/Smoking: 3/5. Some characters drink at times. Very good. A must-see epic!
Kid, 10 years old March 31, 2013

good flick

it is a good movie about the second ice age.
Teen, 13 years old Written byToxicSunDisaster May 11, 2012

Good Movie!

This movie is Really good! Great Special Effects! If your child is a fan of horror films like The Shining and Paranormal Activity then this movie would look like the care bears to them. There is a scene when man commits suicide but no blood is shown. The most scary scene has to be the New York tsunami. This movie would probably be suitable for 11 and up, for kids younger may get nightmares about the end of the world. (NOTE) There are survivors in this movie so it is not basically the end of the world.
Teen, 13 years old Written byReviewer123 January 9, 2011

It was really exciting and fun to watch.
Kid, 12 years old November 30, 2009

Good for tweens

Good flick. Not the end of the world if not seen.
Kid, 11 years old January 9, 2015

awesome storyline and doesnt over do it

this movie is just perfect. some may think its too severe for young children but its actually fine. there is no harsh language. extremely mild flirtation, and the sound effects are amazing. Common Sense Media was stupid to give this movie half the rating it should be getting.
Written byAnonymous September 29, 2014

The Day After Tomorrow review

========================================================= Sex/Nudity: We see Jack in his boxers. We briefly see a guy partially lying on a woman on a couch (both are clothed), kissing her and starting to undo her blouse. She's distracted, however, and other sounds interrupt them. We see Sam in his boxers after he changes out of freezing and wet clothes. Laura (who's fully clothed) then hugs him tightly to transfer her heat to his body (and he enjoys the close contact). Sam and Laura briefly but passionately kiss. 2/10. ========================================================= Violence: Huge pieces of hail crash down onto a city, causing property damage and injuring or killing people (we see a few being hit). We see property damage occur in hurricane footage on TV. Multiple tornados destroy most of downtown Los Angeles, devastating buildings (and wiping out the Hollywood sign). We also see cars having to avoid other vehicles flipping down the road toward them, a bus rolling over on top of a car (with a person in the latter, but seen from a distant aerial view) and part of a torn away billboard smacking into and blasting away a reporter. Thousands of other deaths (if not more) are implied. Frank playfully whacks Jason on the back of the head for being friendly with a woman. Helicopters in flight suddenly encounter ultra-cold air that instantly freezes their fuel, causing them to crash onto the snowy ground (no explosions). One guy starts to come out of the wreckage, but instantly freezes solid. The others presumably die from the crash or freezing. Laura cuts her leg on a vehicle (we briefly see some blood disperse into the water around her). A freighter ship is swept into Fifth Avenue, 42 Street. It crushes several cars and a bus, however, no one is inside the cars, nor the freighter. A massive tidal surge races toward Manhattan and we see the water surround the Statue of Liberty up to the chest level. It then proceeds to wash over and through Manhattan, sweeping away vehicles and presumably killing thousands of people or more (seen from a distance). The front glass of a vending machine is busted to retrieve the snacks inside. Jack's truck smashes into a snow bank (but he, Frank and Jason are okay). We see two people who've apparently died from hypothermia. A man purposefully sacrifices himself (by cutting a rope and falling a long distance to the floor below) to save two other people. We don't see the impact. A man cuts his hand on some glass, resulting in some blood. We hear that a political figure and his entourage are dead from the weather. Sam breaks a window on a stranded and abandoned freighter to get inside a room on it. Several wolves attack and one grabs J.D.'s leg, with Sam beating it off with a flashlight. 7.5/10. ========================================================= Blood/Gore: A man has a little bit of blood on his hand and a trickle down his head following a helicopter crash. Laura cuts her leg on a vehicle (we briefly see some blood disperse into the water around her). A man cuts his hand on some glass, resulting in some blood. We see a large, infected cut on Laura's leg (we hear she has blood poisoning). We see a little blood on J.D.'s pants leg after an escaped zoo wolf has bitten him. We see many frozen, snow-covered bodies on the ground. 5/10. ========================================================= Profanity: At least 4 "s" words, 4 damns, 3 hells, 1 ass, and 6 uses of "Oh my God," 5 of "God," and 1 use each of "Swear to God," "Hope to God," "For the love of God," "G-damn," "Good God," "My God" as exclamations. 4.5/10. ========================================================= Alcohol/Drugs: Terry jokes that science summits are about dancing girls, wine and parties. A man possibly downs a shot of sake. One of Terry's workers proposes trying to use 12-year-old scotch in their heating, prompting Terry to ask, "Are you mad?" They and another worker then drink some of it. 1.5/10. ========================================================= Smoking: None. ========================================================= The Day After Tomorrow is one of my favourite disaster films. The special effects are brilliant as well. I give it a 7/10. =========================================================
Teen, 14 years old Written byGusthepotterhead September 28, 2014

There's a BIG DIFFERENCE BETWEEN VIOLENCE AND ACTION!!!!

There's no violence, but action and suspence, great message (stop global warming or this movie happens) and great role models.
Kid, 11 years old May 17, 2014

The Movie Before Tommorrow

This movie was not one of the best movies I have seen. It was okay, I watched this when I was a third grade like I did for Jurassic Park and Jaws, but the thing here to say is that this movie could scare little kids. Even though I handled it, most kids and friends of mine were creeped out when I was in third grade. There are some cool effects, but there is no messages or good role models. Just people and objects freezing up, and no blood or gore. But many freeze up and die, or they die for no reason. That is just about all I can say. Probably, this is on my top 50 worst movies ever. (rank 49 worst)
Kid, 11 years old August 9, 2012

Great Movie!

I love this movie! I watched it with my cousin and we both loved it! I think it has a good message but it might scare some younger kids. The reason of this is because you feel like you're there in the movie so it can tend to get a little scary.
Parent of a 18 year old Written byparentandbest August 8, 2012

not for kids

not for kids
Teen, 17 years old Written byabbacus June 15, 2012

Really good!

Okay for tweens and good for teens.
Teen, 13 years old Written bySomeoneYouDon'tKnow May 11, 2012

A flawed but entertaining distaster flick

This was a cool film, with great special effects and suprisingly good acting. I first watched this when I was about 8, and it was my all-time favorite movie. But now that I've come back to it, I've noticed some flaws: #1, there isn't quite enough emotionality or panic, which seemed kind of unrealistic; #2, it seems to focus more on special effects than action; and #3 it lacked slightly in character development. Emmerich managed to improve upon all these flaws when he made his next disaster film, 2012, which is my second favorite movie of all time. Regardless, The Day After Tommorow is still cool and provides some cool eye candy for the kids.
Adult Written byChuck Reid March 21, 2012

So cool.

This movie is cool and funny! If you love Sci-fi dissaster movies you'll love this one!