All member reviews for The Day After Tomorrow

Teen, 13 years old Written byEMINEM27 May 26, 2011

the day after tomorrow reveiw

I think that this movie was great! it wasnt too scary in the sense that the world is going to end! and there isnt that much bad language. just a few words. no swearing though.
Teen, 13 years old Written byReviewer123 January 9, 2011

It was really exciting and fun to watch.
Kid, 12 years old November 30, 2009

Good for tweens

Good flick. Not the end of the world if not seen.
Kid, 11 years old January 9, 2015

awesome storyline and doesnt over do it

this movie is just perfect. some may think its too severe for young children but its actually fine. there is no harsh language. extremely mild flirtation, and the sound effects are amazing. Common Sense Media was stupid to give this movie half the rating it should be getting.
Teen, 14 years old Written byGusthepotterhead September 28, 2014

There's a BIG DIFFERENCE BETWEEN VIOLENCE AND ACTION!!!!

There's no violence, but action and suspence, great message (stop global warming or this movie happens) and great role models.
Kid, 11 years old May 17, 2014

The Movie Before Tommorrow

This movie was not one of the best movies I have seen. It was okay, I watched this when I was a third grade like I did for Jurassic Park and Jaws, but the thing here to say is that this movie could scare little kids. Even though I handled it, most kids and friends of mine were creeped out when I was in third grade. There are some cool effects, but there is no messages or good role models. Just people and objects freezing up, and no blood or gore. But many freeze up and die, or they die for no reason. That is just about all I can say. Probably, this is on my top 50 worst movies ever. (rank 49 worst)
Kid, 11 years old April 22, 2014

Disaster movie is not for worriers. Cool special effects.

It and cool visuals and was pretty intense. If you are a worrier, you should not watch this. There's an interrupted sex scene and a couple uses of s**t. Has good messages about the relationship of a father and his family. Otherwise it was defiantly better than I expected and would like to watch it again. So I would recommend it, but I don't think it was one of Roland Emerich's best. :(
Kid, 8 years old March 4, 2014

7andup

i am 8 first watch when i was 7 second favorite movie rated pg13 i think for boring adult talking parts may be scary for under 10 if they like weather channel on demands shows they may like this.
Kid, 12 years old November 4, 2013

Fun Pass Time, Thats About It!

This is one of my favorite movies, but maybe not a really good movie. Its kind of a guilty pleasure, to watch on the weekends or something. Its fun to watch, but not QUALITY movie.
Kid, 11 years old April 8, 2013

THOUGHT-CAPTURING, ACTION-FILLED, THE DAY AFTER TOMORROW IS A MUST!

Postive Role Models: 3/5. Kid in school, with A+ in all of his classes. Postive Messages: 3/5. Never give up. Violence: 4/5. Intense sci-fi peril. Pieces of hail knock a man out. Wolves attack (but don't succeed) the main character and his group. Slightly frightening. Lots of tornadoes, tidal waves kill several people. We only see bodies briefly shown flotaing away. Bodies, with no blood/gore are shown trapped under layers of ice. The main characyter almost drowns. A sharp object pierced the leg of one of the characters, and blood is shown. Some blood on faces of characters. Lots of wreckage, cars shown buried in the snow. Helicopters escape really close-up tornadoes. Intense, somewhat frightening sequence in that scene. Sex: 2/5. Kissing. Lanuage: 3/5. Bullsh*t, D*mn. Consumerism: 2/5. FOX vans/music, and some chinese restaurants displayed. Drinking/Drugs/Smoking: 3/5. Some characters drink at times. Very good. A must-see epic!
Kid, 10 years old March 31, 2013

good flick

it is a good movie about the second ice age.
Kid, 11 years old August 9, 2012

Great Movie!

I love this movie! I watched it with my cousin and we both loved it! I think it has a good message but it might scare some younger kids. The reason of this is because you feel like you're there in the movie so it can tend to get a little scary.
Teen, 17 years old Written byabbacus June 15, 2012

Really good!

Okay for tweens and good for teens.
Teen, 13 years old Written bySomeoneYouDon'tKnow May 11, 2012

A flawed but entertaining distaster flick

This was a cool film, with great special effects and suprisingly good acting. I first watched this when I was about 8, and it was my all-time favorite movie. But now that I've come back to it, I've noticed some flaws: #1, there isn't quite enough emotionality or panic, which seemed kind of unrealistic; #2, it seems to focus more on special effects than action; and #3 it lacked slightly in character development. Emmerich managed to improve upon all these flaws when he made his next disaster film, 2012, which is my second favorite movie of all time. Regardless, The Day After Tommorow is still cool and provides some cool eye candy for the kids.
Teen, 13 years old Written byToxicSunDisaster May 11, 2012

Good Movie!

This movie is Really good! Great Special Effects! If your child is a fan of horror films like The Shining and Paranormal Activity then this movie would look like the care bears to them. There is a scene when man commits suicide but no blood is shown. The most scary scene has to be the New York tsunami. This movie would probably be suitable for 11 and up, for kids younger may get nightmares about the end of the world. (NOTE) There are survivors in this movie so it is not basically the end of the world.
Teen, 15 years old Written byOfficial Critic March 11, 2012

The Day After Tomorrow Review

A disarmingly pulpy, eye-popping disaster movie during its first half, and an increasingly dull survival melodrama during its second. Director Roland Emmerich puts too much attention on special effects rather than on the story and script.
Teen, 13 years old Written byJustino4 October 10, 2011

Brutal

The violence is brutal, except there is no gore.
Teen, 14 years old Written byscissorluv971 September 17, 2011

Confusing for teens and tweens

I guess it was a good movie but I was really confused, What i did pick up was this: when the world ends were all going to Mexico??? How is the Mexican government going to feel about all the people from Arizona going to live in their land since their having conflict now? What will happen to all the animals in america? What about china? Will the great wall still be standing?
Kid, 10 years old August 15, 2011

Another End Of Time?

Great special effects, that's all. Just another end of the world movie.
Kid, 12 years old July 17, 2011

Scary, good effects

Good movie, but as a tween, WAY TO SCARY!! It had good special effects, but the story was just plain creepy. Totally for people 15 an up!