All member reviews for The Devil Wears Prada

No Princess Diaries here, but royal fun. Teens +

Kid, 12 years old April 8, 2010

A glimpse into the fashion world

I really enjoyed this movie. The content was not terrible, but definitely not for people under 11.
Teen, 13 years old Written byMikaylaaMadisonn July 26, 2009

e.g. Perfect for older kids, but not for tweens

I love this movie! It is one of my absolute favorites!
Teen, 15 years old Written bySomebodysMe August 7, 2009

Very good, on and off.

This movie was verryyyy good, but it was one of those where the Main story is cute, but her social life stinks and is boring. The whole time I was watching it I am like....Get back to the part at Miranda Priestly's. Those parts were good and Meryl Streep Is dynamite!
Adult Written bylwest April 9, 2008

I loved the movie but....

....I feel the Anne Hathoway character was a confusing role model for young girls. Here's this nice, intelligent girl-next-door character who's living with her boyfriend and who then sleeps with some writer guy on their first date. As an adult, it didn't phase me but I could see a young girl becoming desensitized toward immoral behavior and I don't think that's healthy. I think young girls need to see moral behavior portrayed in movies because they're forming their sense of 'normal' and I personally don't want that 'normal' to be living with boyfriends or sleeping around.
Teen, 13 years old Written byfishish February 26, 2011

Great.

Love this movie. I watch it with my mom a lot (who loves it as well). Really funny and interesting. It's great for everyone. The overall message is that giving up who you are isn't worth it.
Kid, 12 years old April 18, 2010

i want the marc jacobs bag

tht green dress is adorable
Kid, 9 years old January 21, 2010

Awesome... But skip through some parts

AWESOME! Yes I am 9. Yes I have seen it. Its good but may make kids really conscious about their bodies. Do skip through the "kissy" part because I have seen it and -believe me- its nothing your kids need to see.Andy does ditch her fashionista boss in the end though and , BTW, Anne Hathaway and Meryl Streep are AWESOME in this video! Meryl Streep was as good as she was in Mamma Mia!
Teen, 15 years old Written byWayTooDramatic April 9, 2008

Adult Written bybigcupcake11 April 9, 2008

A heartwarming story with lots of comedy and modern-day references.

This was a great movie. It was very entertaining and gave me a great message, to always stick to being "you" and not to get caught up in "the other half." It deliberatly builds up to this message, starting with a caring boyfriend and a not-so-up-to-fashion girl. When she gets this job, she doesn't know what she's getting into, but immediatly feels the pressure to become one of the skinny, uptight beautiful women. But by the end, after relizing her mistake by a certain main character, walks away and agrees to spend her life happy, rather than a "fashionista." This movie has a great message, and I think it's the perrrrfect summer comedy for teens (not young kids) because it has a hidden message in it.
Kid, 11 years old April 3, 2015

Awesome movie

Devil Wears Prada has a good message and is very exciting and fun. There isn't any violence, but some romance. There is also social drinking at parties, but overall, it is very good for kids 10 and up.
Teen, 14 years old Written byDebbie Mappy February 23, 2015

Nice Girl Movie

Limited inappropriate language as well as no bad role models. I think it has great acting with an interesting topic. A good storyline with humor.
Kid, 11 years old January 9, 2015

fabulous storyline and moral great for pre-teens

this movie has won countless grammies and has the most super actresses. i think the sexual innuedo is mild nothing a fast forward cant solve. i watched this when i was 8 and it wasnt a problem. it is what every pre tee nis looking for because its about fashion. fantastic work Meryl Streep and Anne hathaway
Adult Written byCORY October 14, 2014

That movie was not very good !

That movie was not very good about the manger being mean to the lady & end of that movie the lady did the right thing by leaving that job & found some thing else !
Teen, 13 years old Written byPotterheadWhovian104 September 27, 2014

Great Movie!

I loved this movie a lot and I think that if you are into fashion, you'll probably like this. Some people may not get the subject matter, or it may bore them, but I found it thoroughly enjoyable.
Kid, 12 years old November 21, 2013

The Devil Wears Prada

This movie is well directed. The main character changes herself to fit into her new job but realizes what it does to the people around her. She 'takes a break' from her boyfriend and when she travels to Paris, she kisses a character and has presumably slept with them because she wakes up in his bed. There is some drinking and some bare skin is shown but nothing really bad. The main character is a great role model by showing you don't have to change for anyone, be true to yourself and be you.
Kid, 12 years old June 21, 2013

Ace movie

I caught on to this in a recent lesson and I think it's a very good movie. Although, I don't think it's good for learning as I got more attached to watching the film than picking out the key points. Younger viewers may find this a bit boring but I loved it!
Adult Written bychristian2011 March 10, 2013

Really good movie. Very witty, fashion inspired romantic comedy.

The Devil Wears Prada was a very refreshing, clever, fashionista-type romance comedy that discusses about people being prejudice and judgemental on others that don't share higher ends of fashion than they do - since they judge based on appearence and fame, not the person inside. Meryl Streep brings a flawless performance as Miranda Priestly, the head magazine editor and fashion director, who highly intimidates every one due to her high-end fashion, diva attitude and appearence. There's no actual sex scenes or nudity, but there's some passionate kissing and hugging (nothing excessive or graphic), some language but very infrequent (uses of d**n, h*ll, sh*t), and uses of alcohol - mostly at fashion events and when the main character meets her friends at the bar.
Adult Written bywonder dove December 29, 2012

Cute chick flick with morals!

This film is quite cute! It's pretty fast paced for a teen comedy. The main character, Andy (Anne Hathaway) is always on the go at her new job for a high-end fashion magazine. Always running and trying to please her snippy editor boss Miranda (Meryl Streep), she must complete her tasks on time if she wants to keep her job. This limits her time spent with her boyfriend (Adrian Grenier) and best friend (Tracie Thoms) who try to save Andy from losing herself just to please someone else. She's also stuck working alongside Miranda's other assistant Emily (Emily Blunt) whom she doesn't get along too well with. With her choice of amazing opportunities that any girl could want, she must decide whether it is worth losing everyone in her past or losing a job of every girls dreams. I like the positive messages throughout. Andy makes smart choices, she is also a good role model. Sexual content includes kissing, a couple shown in bed together, an off-screen sex scene where the girl later regrets it, some brief talk of going to bed together. One scene of violence - a woman gets hit by a taxi and ends up in a hospital. Language is minimal but usually done during an argument - some sh*ts, an @sshole, hell. Some social drinking. Good messages - there is more to life than "material stuff" and keeping up with brand name items. Great watch for 12++.
Parent of an infant year old Written bydocholliday August 13, 2012

Prude

Teaches kids the worst effects of fashion
Teen, 14 years old Written byj10a1 April 21, 2012

Kids probably won't be interested....

1 or 2 scenes should be skipped for younger ones.....otherwise shouldn't be bad for them to see.They most likely would have no interest in seeing it, though....