All member reviews for The Devil Wears Prada

No Princess Diaries here, but royal fun. Teens +

Adult Written bymisslizzie April 9, 2008

Better Than Most. . .

Overall, I can't complain too much. The language wasn't that bad, and aside from that one scence with the writer, there wasn't a lot of sex mentioned, like in most movies. You do lose some respect for Andy when she "cheats" on her boyfriend. It was pretty good. I wouldn't take kids under thirteen to see it, but only because they probably wouldn't get the storyline.
Teen, 13 years old Written byChicklet April 9, 2008

very good movie

The only part of this movie I remember being somewhat rejectionable is the part where Andy(Anne Hathaway's character) was drunk and cheated on her boyfriend. Other then that, there was some language, very minimal though, and Emily(Emily Blunt's character) got hit by a car on her way back to the office. She ended up in the hospital with a bruised face and I think she broke her arm or leg. 11+ or 12+ I saw this with my 11 year old friend.
Teen, 13 years old Written byRichCliqueChic April 9, 2008

I loved This MOVIE tHE best

If you like the world of fasion, Ane Hathaway, and Meryle Streep, then you will love this movie. Its a little iffy when she cheats on her BF but over all. She drops a few s-words and a couple-dwords and h-words. But over great(Especially for aspiring fasion desginers. You get to see the inside world of fashion). Great movie!!!!
Teen, 16 years old Written byprincess in prada April 9, 2008

it was good...

I just watched this with my ten year old sister and her friends and there wasn't any problem. If you went to see this with your parents, you probably wouldn't be getting a lecture about picking "appropriate" movies to watch afterwards. Overall it was really good with it's funny parts but I found the end a little dissapointing. Anne Hathaway looked sensational and Meryl Streep did wonderful acting. I would reccomend this to anyone 10+ or 11+.
Teen, 15 years old Written bypurplecatroo April 9, 2008

This movie was cute. Nothing great but worth five bucks to rent. Some sexuality but good for girls over 11 or twelve. Unless they have a bad body image this movie would make it worse
Teen, 14 years old Written byWildChild30793 April 9, 2008
Teen, 14 years old Written byAnnn April 9, 2008

Fun, Light

This movie is pretty unique-- It lets you dive into the world of fashion; the side of the fame that you don't usually see.
Teen, 14 years old Written bydrama.queen.331 April 9, 2008

I think that this is a good movie. It's not amazing have to see it again and again movie but it was good. I liked it. There was some sexual stuff in it but overall it was fun. I suggest it for 12+. A 10 or 11 year old would be pushing it but if they were mature enough...
Teen, 14 years old Written bydirecterdude123 April 9, 2008

Love it

This movies was really funny it made my hole family laugh. I recamend this to EVERYONE ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !
Adult Written byMovieBuff2007 April 9, 2008

A Funny Movie That You Should See

Thus was actually pretty good movie for older teens and adults. I didn't see a lot of things that could offend parents of Senior High kids. Overall it was superb for what I thought would be a chick flick.

I loved it!

My sister(8) and I wanted to watch this movie and were excited when our mom said yes. It really wasnt that bad at all...there was a little sexuality but nothing horrible. I dont think anyone under 7 should watch this because there are some alchohal references. It wasnt bad at all really just about a girl trying to get through her job. Anyone over 8 should be able to watch this

Great Movie for teens

I loved this movie and thought it should be watched in every household with teen girls. I do recommend that people know their kids before they let them watch this movie because it has some parts that younger children should not be seeing. I recommed this movie to to teen girls that are 11 and up. Overall this movie teaches girl a lot and is a great movie.
Teen, 15 years old Written byiloveharrypotter7 April 9, 2008

Funny and Stylish

Anee Hathaway and Meryl Streep are perfect in this movie taking two people with talent like that your bound for a great movie. It is a great story and has a awesome message. MUST SEE!!!!!

good movie, iffy for people under 8....

I really enjoyed this movie, great humor!! Sweet plot and sincer ending!
Teen, 15 years old Written bymoviegeek April 9, 2008

Watched it three times and would watch it again!

I watched this three times on an airplane and would watch it again if I could. Meryl Streep is sweetly wicked and you hate and love her at the same time. AMAZING performance there. Parents need to realize that in the end, Anne Hathaway knows that acting like all of the people at the fashion place was wrong and hurtful to those around her. SO it teaches a good lesson!
Adult Written byDexterSmith April 9, 2008

Extremely interesting tale of the fashion world

Sexual Content (Pause): Some sexual allusions, Andy has sex with a guy. Violence (Not an Issue): Emily is hit by a cab (at first played for comedy, but we later see her in the hospital). Language (Pause): Many uses of "s*it", a few uses of "hell" and "ass" (1 used with "-hole"), and 1 use each of "crap" and "bullocks" (a British swear). Social Behavior (Not an Issue): Lots of lying and decieving, but Andy is able to maintain her morality (for the most part, anyway). Commercialism (Pause): Seeing as this movie is all about fashion, there are lots of brand names dropped (such as Prada), Starbucks is mentioned a few times, as is Harry Potter. Drug/Alcohol/Tobacco (Pause): Social drinking, except for one instance where Andy gets drunk.

Amazing movie!

Veery good movie. Shows how harsh and brutal the fashion industry can be, and is a VERYYY entertaining movie. I think any child 10+ can watch it, as long as the parents are OK with it.
Teen, 13 years old Written byedwardlover82 April 9, 2008