All member reviews for The Diary of Anne Frank (2009)

BBC's 5-part series shows a feisty, moody, realistic Anne.

Teen, 13 years old Written byBraedenberger December 4, 2015

anne frank movie

I think you deffinelty should read or watch this or do both. It has a good storyline. This story can change lives.
Teen, 13 years old Written bylauryn_clayburn December 7, 2015

The Diary of Anne Frank

I think that overall this movie was really good. Instead of reading it, we were able to have a visual of whats actually going on.
Kid, 11 years old February 2, 2010

13+

Some content was a bit..... MATURE, for the boys in my class.
Teen, 14 years old Written byReviewernLooker February 21, 2013

Great great great!

Great movie! I love it. It really has an impact on your emotions while you watch it. I recommend 13 and up only because you would need to be that age to understand what they are talking about. Love it.
Teen, 14 years old Written byEthanM_23 December 7, 2015

The Diary of Anne Frank

I think the story is great. I think it explains the plot very good and gives a good description of what is going in. I also think that they could have made some changes too. Some stories are different from the movie. They have different plots and storylines. They should make it one bold plot and stick to that so no one is confuse. Overall though, I think the story is great!
Teen, 13 years old Written byJohanaBX52634 December 4, 2015

The Diary Of Anne Frank

I think this story was one of the best stories because it gives an example of how the Jews lived. Maybe the Franks weren't the only ones hiding. Maybe there were other Jews that went in hiding and the Franks story was an example of how they lived. Living in such a small place and not able to go outside or make any noise isn't life. All these Jews wanted was freedom and to live their own lives. I think this story was the best though. It can teach people things. Although to be honest I think the books are better because it gives more details. But I think the people who made the movie still did a good job because we get to see what happens.
Teen, 13 years old Written by20copelandk December 4, 2015

review

I think it was a little mature for elevin year old kids.
Adult Written byLowvid Mom December 3, 2011

Every tween should understand this movie

The Holocaust is part of our family history and for a 5th grade project my son recently interviewed his grandfather about immigrating to the US in the 1940's from Germany. We felt it was time that he understood a little more about the family history. The movie upset him pretty deeply, but then it is an upsetting story. I suggest parents discuss the movie/book with their kids to be sure something like this never happens again.
Parent of a 11 and 16 year old Written byInfantry121 April 1, 2010

Remarkable book and this show

Sad,i already knew everything about this girl(crazy history teacher in 8th grade),when i watch some documentary about her most of the people in the room cried,i wish i had a time machine and go back with a m16 and shot the Gestapo dead,darn it it was a powerful show
Teen, 13 years old Written byHarlie666 December 11, 2015

Anne Frank

I think this would be good for people over 13 there is some some parts kids under 13 shouldn't see but for the most part it is wonderful for describing the Holocaust
Teen, 15 years old Written by20gatesa December 7, 2015

Anne Frank's Diary

I think this is a great movie. It gives you a good idea how it would of been to be a Jew during the Holocaust. It gives you an example of how life was back during the Holocaust.
Teen, 14 years old Written by20gibsonz December 7, 2015

Zeb's Review

I think that this is a good book for people to read and shows good information about the real story
Teen, 14 years old Written byk_lovelace December 7, 2015

Anne Frank

I Think it was great! The Best, a little more mature for a eleven year old & down
Teen, 14 years old Written bypokemonp December 7, 2015

Diary Of Anne Frank

It is for a mature audience.
Teen, 14 years old Written by20landap December 7, 2015

Reveiw

I think that its really good because you never know when it will be your last day with your family.
Teen, 14 years old Written bycasi_cordova December 7, 2015

Casi's review

I think that the diary of Anne Frank is a really good book because it shows how Anne lived with her family for 2 years.
Teen, 13 years old Written by20buncht December 7, 2015

anne frank

I think anne frank was a great movie. it had great people who played the parts and everything.
Teen, 14 years old Written byEvan.Logan20 December 7, 2015

Evan's review

Teen, 14 years old Written bymadisonfischer December 4, 2015

anne frank

I think that you would learn a lot about this and why they had to go into hiding and Hitler and the holcaust .
Teen, 14 years old Written byilovekitkats101 December 4, 2015

Anne Frank Movie Thoughts..

I think that the movie was great and it showed the life of one of the world's most important writers in a great way. I recommend to watched this movie big time!