All teen and kid member reviews for The Diary of Anne Frank (2009)

Kid, 11 years old February 2, 2010

13+

Some content was a bit..... MATURE, for the boys in my class.
Teen, 14 years old Written byReviewernLooker February 21, 2013

Great great great!

Great movie! I love it. It really has an impact on your emotions while you watch it. I recommend 13 and up only because you would need to be that age to understand what they are talking about. Love it.
Kid, 10 years old March 17, 2014

anne frank

This movie is pretty good has some mature themes but is appropriate for anyone who 9 and up and the only really sad part is when the Nazi's do come which is the only violent part where everyone in the secret annex is threatened with guns to there heads. when kids see this movie they may not be in tears so they may not understand how bad the time period was in world war two so you should explain a little bit about world war two.
Kid, 10 years old August 6, 2012

10+ my review

I enjoyed it so much, even better than the 2001 version! I think if it is a 10 year old watching this (as am I) it should be a mature one. There are about two scenes that are more drastic, but they aren't that bad. It's a must see!!
Kid, 11 years old October 24, 2011

BEST!

I think it should be 10 and over cause it contains the Annex Hiders (Edith, Hermann and peter) in bath but you only see peters bum, its a good laugh!! no bad words!
Kid, 12 years old June 28, 2011

Awesome!

I think it is on of the best movies I've seen since Harry Potter. Even though it made me cry a little.Plus Peter's hot!
Teen, 13 years old Written byiluvjbsomuch June 28, 2011

can watch it over and over again

the very popular Anne Frank story has been turned into many movies plays and other forms of entertainment. This happens to be the very latest movie of Anne frank that came out and i have to say its one of the best! I suggest watching it especially for young teens ages 12-15 so they can learn more about this tragic time in history.
Teen, 14 years old Written bythetreesaw June 10, 2011

Point of View of a 14 Year Old On the Movie

I recommend this for those in 8th grade, because they will be most likely learning about Anne Frank and the holocaust. It's great for insight and you actually get to learn how the Jews had to live. The violence, bombing and war stories, wasn't so bad. It allowed you to understand how it was like in the home. The only "sexual behavior" displayed is how Anne tries to understand herself. She's talking about how she's developing physically and mentally. There are kissing scenes though. I don't remember catching any bad words, unless you count "bloody." Mr. Herman VanDaan was a smoker, but there was about 2-3 scenes going to smoke, I think. I wouldn't say Anne is the best role model, but she displayed her courage, optimism, and strong will. Before the movie ended, the line "In spite of everything, I still believe there is good in people." I found that quote very empowering. She stood for strength and what not, since she always talks about being independent and better. Overall, the story is mostly about a teenage girl trying to understand herself in a dangerous time in history.
Kid, 12 years old June 4, 2011

Very interesting and quite sad

Great Movie. Not for people under 12 as it has Anne Frank getting sorted and getting put into trains and you see her struggle at the concentration camp.
Teen, 13 years old Written bydachund45 April 18, 2011

I watched this movie about 4 months ago and it's fantastic! But I wouldn't recommend it to younger viewers because some scenes are a little intense as in the bombs and the war is really sad..
Teen, 15 years old Written bykelby123 December 29, 2010

Very good movie

Watched this with my German class. Very good, sad movie
Teen, 13 years old Written byMOVIE13 August 26, 2010

strong drama that is amazing.

this story is true and amazing. Younger kids who like social studies will certaintly apprciate this well made movie about a young girl, trapped inside a small place writting a diary who has to deal with lose, sadness, hard family relationships, and the never ending fear that her and her family will be discovered and killed by the nazies.
Kid, 12 years old April 18, 2010

great view of the holocaust through the eyes of Anne Frank!

i just watched this movie yesterday and i have to it was probably the best Anne Frank movie ever made!! although there is some iffy content like several close calls with the nazies, loud boms, and some between people in the secret annex. Also Anne and Peter flirt and kiss patinetly. Also Anne talks about puberty and her changing body. But dispite this iffy content it is a very good movie for all kids age 11 and up!
Kid, 11 years old March 16, 2010

Remarkble book for tweens

This is a truly remarkable book.It makes you feel that you are in the movie.
Kid, 9 years old February 3, 2010
Kid, 10 years old January 29, 2010

Actually NOT your ordinary TV special

I liked it a lot - impressive, truthful and not too violent or upsetting. Powerful too