All member reviews for The Diary of Anne Frank

Teen, 14 years old Written byEspumaMarina September 17, 2010

Anne, Margot, Otto, Peter, Edith, Mr. Van Dan, Mrs. Van Dan, Mr. Dusell, and those who helped, rest in peace

This was a very good movie, and it is such a shame. It made me cry through most of it, and it did have some funny parts, like when Mr.Van Dan was smoking that new cigarrette that Anne made him, it puffed all over, and when Mr. Dussel got those earplugs stuck in his ears.. still so sad, this should have never happened, though I can't help thinking, at least this is a hard lesson to never. EVER. do this again. Ever. I'd love so much to punch those who even dare praise Hitler just because of what he did, they want sufforings for others, right? Why not give them what they deserve. Then again, I would hate to sink to their level. I must question, how the heck can one deny the holcoast, how could they say it never happened? What on earth are they talking about? I'm just wondering, because people claim it never happened, when it so obviously did...
Kid, 11 years old February 24, 2010

AMAZING ANNE!!!

I LOVE ANNE FRANK!!!I AM A TOTAL FANATIC,AND BASICALLY KNOW EVERYTHING ABOUT HER!!SHE'S ALSO MY PROFILE PICTURE!!!I AM WATCHING THE MOVIE NOW!!!I LOVE ANYTHING HAVING TO DO WITH ANNE FRANK!!!!:)
Teen, 14 years old Written byNorthernNights May 15, 2010

It is an amazing movie, really good. It saddens me that things had to be that way. . . It is an excellent movie that shows the real expence of the time. The music is beautiful, and the kids at my school made a wonderful play with this movie. It was sweet and dramatic. I'm glad they still make movies about the holacaust because people need to remember for it will never happen again. Infact I want to be a writer and I'm writing a book about it now. . More Margot and poor all of them. Why I say poor Margot is because she was hardly known to the world. But I'll remember them all as heros.
Teen, 13 years old Written bysara4ever95 April 18, 2009

Teen, 13 years old Written byGeodeGem March 17, 2010

Anne Frank - Freedom fighter

I thought it helped people see and understand the jeporty the wars inflict on people, such as Anne Frank. Anne Frank was truely a remarkable girl. I get angry everytime people joke about Jews, Nazis, and anything in that sensative relation. I cried at the end when all they could do is wait until the Gestapo found them. I'm even crying typing this ( incase you have not noticed I'm sensitive ) I wouldn't recomend this movie to young kids because it was an extremely depressing story, and I want them to learn more about it before they see the movie. Plus, Margrot Frank I feel your pain! Well in a way. .
Teen, 13 years old Written byGloryGirl March 30, 2010

I hate hitler, HATE, HATE HATE HATE HATE I HATE HIM I HATE HIM!

I cry everytime. . . :*( But it's one of the most amazing movies ever. I am deeply touched by this subject, I cry everytime I see a nazi sign ( which shouldn't be often, but my dumb classmates have NO clue what they're doing ) Those sirins, ring in my mind forever. . but it's an amazing story, its beautiful. It is so amazing, yes, I didn't like the ending though. I wish none of those terrible things happened to those poor people! Non only jews, but gypsies, homosexuals, . . . ANYONE! It SHOULDN'T have happened. And if I was there, I would hide anyone needed hiden, anything to keep them safe. I'd let them take me before them. Really- I thought it over. I'd recoment it to anyone that could watch it without passing out of being scared ( which is unlikely ) It's a story about family- its a story about fear, its a story about faith. :) Please watch it. I watched a high school play off the movie, it was SO funny, and so sad. Many people came out crying- including me. I have this terrible person as a so called friend that laighs at it, I know this wasn't the way to go, but I slapped her for it. I do not regret it, she laughs about things as terrible as that, she has NO idea what she is talking about! ( Please see this movie ) P.S. Watch the video "Anne Frank- my heart will go on" on youtube, and click the very first one listed ( I'm listening to it now )
Kid, 12 years old December 15, 2009

an ok movie

There have been some anne frank movies that is much more detailed and better than this one but still it was only 1959 and i say it was pritty good. There is some iffy content like: VILONCE: some images of places being bomed and jews being captured by the nazies. And the ending is very sad, scary and tragic. SEX: Anne and petter flirt with eachother and evetually kiss. They also talk about relationships and who likes who. LANGUAGE: very brief like "you clumsy fool" and "shut up". DRINKING AND SMOKING: Mr. van dann smokes cigaretts and recieves a cigarett as a present from Anne. Also most of the adults drink wine. There may be some issues but on the bright side Anne is a good rolemodel who tries to make the best out every bad situation. And the good messages is that the Frank family hepled others hide with them so they wouldent get caught by the nazies.
Teen, 14 years old Written bykaratedude April 9, 2008

Teen, 15 years old Written bymoviegeek April 9, 2008

Every person should see this movie

I watched this in class and thought it was an amazing movie. I almost cried at the end of it, although I didn't because I was in class. It is a bit long, but older kids won't mind that. Kids 10 and under might not fully understand what is going on unless it is explained. Have a discussion about the Holocaust before watching.
Kid, 12 years old May 22, 2011

perfect rememberance

Love it!
Teen, 14 years old Written bykristina.marie December 30, 2010

for tweens

oh wow i have tryed to read this book 2, but it got really boring but when i seen the movie wow that got my eye it shows more stuff than wat and how she said it in the book i could wach it over agin!!!!
Teen, 14 years old Written by96grlpowrCE June 9, 2010

Everyone needs to hear the story of Anne Frank... ESPECIALLY those who actually have the nerve to deny the Holocaust.

We're reading the play (which is almost identical to this movie... which we are also seeing) in class. The more I read of it, the more sickened I am with the Holocaust. Such a horrible time in history that shouldn't even happened. :( Anyway... the movie is very, very sad. I wish this wasn't a true story, but it is. There's some humourous parts in the movie, though, like when Mr. Van Daan said: "What you need is a good old-fashioned spanking!" and Anne said "Remember, Mr. So and So, remember I'm a lady!" (Referring to a story that Mrs. Van Daan told her earlier.) There isn't any explicit violence-- although there's scary noises and everyone knows what kind of danger the Franks, the Van Daans, and Mr. Dussel are in should they be discovered by the Nazis-- and nothing too overly dirty, except for Mrs. Van Daan fishing for weird compliments from Mr. Frank, and Peter and Anne kissing once. I think this is a movie all kids should see-- Anne Frank gave us a peek at what it was like to be hiding from the Nazis, she showed the world what the Holocaust was like through a teen's perspective.
Teen, 13 years old Written bymonkeyman April 9, 2008

Sad

This is a great movie that tells the story of Anne Frank up until the point she was captured. It is one of the few movies that have actually almost made me cry. Younger kids who don't know much about the holocaust may have a hard time understanding the movie. I think everyone should see this classic.
Kid, 11 years old October 25, 2011

IT ISN'T BAD

I have the DVD it is an amazing 1959 movie i ever watch!!!! I have to say 2 and up because there isnt any concentration camps scenes or anything bad!!!
Kid, 10 years old May 8, 2011

Iffy for 12 and under.

This movie is a movie which kids should relate to in there future life as it contains lots of kissing and flirting and (with a tragic ending)you should kive your child a serious note at the end of this film about how sad and true this story was. I recommend you read the book first
Teen, 17 years old Written byanuschcka April 9, 2008

Teen, 13 years old Written byjanie.johnston April 9, 2008

Anne Frank...

Teh movie kinda strays from teh book. An ok movie, a must-see for all history enthusiasts and students studying WWII and Anne Frank. A classic.
Teen, 14 years old Written byDevanshu Mishra May 21, 2014

The Movie

I THINK, any one didn't have any sense to use because it doesn't help anyone who saw it. YOU HAVE TO give a TITLE AND GENRE for this movie, THEME AND a BRIEF SUMMARY and also your OPINION. As i was just looking for some of these points but nothing gotta help me.