Want personalized picks that fit your family?

Find entertainment that fits your kid's interests and your parenting style.

Go to For Your Family

Parent reviews for The Equalizer 2

Sequel offers more stylish, inventive, violent action.

Adult Written bySaintsrule1 January 6, 2019

DW is the best

Not only does this movie have a positive message it is a very entertaining movie. Having served in the Navy and Army there are some discrepancies with tactics imho but overall excellent movie.
Adult Written byActiveXtended July 21, 2018

Wayyyyy To Much

This movie is infested with mostly violence. Such as gun through the mouth, the head, one kill was with a spear which you get a close look at the dead victim. The language is mostly the f word and multiple n words. But all that aside its one of my favorite movies.

Adult Written byJD Hogg January 1, 2019

What I wanted it to be

I watch movies like this for the fantasy and escapism...not for realism...you get enough of that on a daily basis...just watch the news...I like to see the good guys win and the bad guys lose miserably...
Adult Written byDarica December 29, 2018

Enjoyed it

Lots of violence and bad language. Good messages about bravery and helping others. I liked seeing Denzel. I am a fan of his and he gives a good performance as the hero. Vigilante type movie.

Adult Written byPAK1972 December 21, 2018

Action packed!

This was one of the best movies I've seen in a while. Denzel was superb! He balances the action scenes and transitions out of them to the caring next door neighbor type. It's incredible. I already looked up The Equalizer 3.
Adult Written bypaulapke August 19, 2018

hope not scary

not scary
Adult Written byOLD SCHOOLBASTARDS August 12, 2018

Adult Written byKevindarnell July 22, 2018

Equalizer 2

I loved the storylines about the ways peoples lives are harmed.

Adult Written byStevie111 July 19, 2018

Worthy if not perfect sequel has plenty of graphic violence

The Equalizer 2 has many similarities to the first, especially since it mixes plenty of slower moments and story in with the action. I like the way it was done. I did prefer the first film, but I like where they took the story. It has several brutal action scenes with creative and gruesome deaths. All of the violence is pretty bloody, and includes shooting, slashing with knives and beatings. Language is infrequent but fairly strong, and some drugs are shown in a few scenes. I definitely recommend this film to action fans and fans of the first. It's not amazing, but I enjoyed it.