Parent and Kid Reviews on

The Evil Dead (1981) Poster Image
Our Review

Based on 79 kid reviews

Sort by:

If you like very gory movies, and a bit of humor, this movie is for you. I really liked it but since is NC-17 watch is when you are older. I probably should've waited

2 people found this helpful.

Be aware of this fantastical gorefest!

Honestly, I didn’t really mind this movie. It was made back in the 80’s, so it isn’t the best quality we’re used to seeing now days, but there is still so much gore. (which i love!) It really just depends if your kid can handle gore or not. There is also a second where you see the side of a woman’s breast, which is honestly not needed at all, but you do only see it for like 5 seconds, so your kids should be fine.

"Kill her if you can, lover-boy!"

The Evil Dead is a 1981 horror comedy film directed by Sam Raimi and starring Bruce Campbell, Ellen Sandweiss, Richard DeManincor, Betsy Baker and Theresa Tilly. Language(3/5): Language is infrequent and mostly mild, with 4 uses of “hell”, 3 uses of “J*s*s Chr**t”, 2 uses of “G**” and 1 use of “s**t”, “damn”, “bastards” and “nuts”. The film has 16 total curses. Sex, Romance and Nudity(3/5): Breasts are briefly shown twice in a nonsexual context. Near the beginning, characters are seen kissing. A woman moans seductively. Drinking, Drugs and Smoking(4/5): The characters smoke cigarettes and drink wine. When they’re driving the car, they also drink wine, and in one scene, they give each other a marijuana joint. Violence(5/5): Scenes of intense violence are shown throughout. Jump scares are constant. One intense scene is known as "the tree r*pe" scene, which involves trees coming alive and assaulting a woman. Characters are mangled in creatively brutal, excessively gory and campy ways, with dismemberment, stabbings, shootings, murders with pencils, eyes being gouged out. The ending sequence in particular has explosions, insects and explosions of blood and gross-out stuff. Positive Messages: None. Positive Role Models and Representations: Ash tries to overcome the elements but is extremely flawed. Watching Experience: Quality(opinionated): (My rating) Rated R For graphic horror violence, bloody images and excessive gore throughout, brief nudity and brief language.

It might scare little kids but the gore is extremely fake and corny looking. In a good way, though. Amazing horror movie that brought on a solid trilogy.

One of the best horror movies

I lover this movie. I first watched it when I was 12 and I still enjoy it! When it has gore and partial nudity , but it’s still fun for your kids to enjoy. 13+

What?

Haven't watch dont plan on to but shouldn't had been went from rated X to R not straight to NC-17. There is only brief nudity (breast which is a level of a PG before 1984 but now a level of PG-13) Yes so the violence could of got it a R and barely any language so why the NC-17. MPA needs to fix their stuff

watch out for graphic zombie horror violence and gore and brief moderate amounts of nudity

The age-rating is outdated

The movie isn't overly gorey, and most of the gore is campy and won't give anybody over 13 nightmares.

It's true that the movie was rated X, but MPAA re-rated the film to an NC-17 for it's Substantial Graphic Horror Violence and Gore, but I would say that this movie is for Mature audiences, since it is most likely R rated for me. People under 13 should NOT watch this movie, since it has scary sequences.

Saw this movie at 2022 summer, and it wasn't really bad! I didn't really like the Violence and Gore in the movie, but the Actors we're pretty good, and Sam Raimi made this movie very good!