All teen and kid member reviews for The Exorcist

Teen, 14 years old Written byamina_m546 August 22, 2014

Movie was really bad

this movie was not scary at all it was unintentionally funny there is language but no sex scenes
Teen, 14 years old Written byitsallaboutthestory August 12, 2014

No scares, just full-out disturbing and unsettling.

No this movie isn't scary. And if you don't believe in Christianity you'll be fine unless your 8. However I do and you have no idea how much of a mess its made in my life. I still remember screaming in my bed alone at home at night screaming "NO!" because I didn't want to get possessed. This isn't a fun horror movie, all it wants to do is mess with you and get inside your head. However when it come's to quality it should've won the best picture award at the Oscar's when it was released. And the girl who's possessed is a nice good girl. She's not a jerk or popular sassy little thing. Just a nice girl, who does all those things. No good messages, well everyone who wasn't possessed at one point in the film was a good role model. Especially Regan for kids, not when she's possessed though.
Kid, 12 years old June 26, 2014

Not "The scariest movie of all time"

This movie isn't scary. Only has some strong language and blood.
Kid, 11 years old May 27, 2014

?

NOT appropriate for young Kids
Teen, 13 years old Written byKittycat14 May 14, 2014

BORING!

The exorcist is not scary at all, just boring a disturbing. Don't watch it, it's a waste of time.
Kid, 9 years old May 3, 2014

Bad movie.

Aggggh!
Kid, 12 years old May 2, 2014

This movie is NOT scary

Anyone aged 12 and over can see this without getting scared.
Teen, 13 years old Written byBlake_Slaughter March 26, 2014

By far the best and most terrifying horror movie ever made

This is the movie that changed the horror genre forever. The most terrifying movie of all time. If any horror movie has ever scared you at all, then DON'T watch this. Even if a movie has never scared you before, you have no idea what you're in for (unless you watch clips of the movie on YouTube like I did.) Your 13 (or possibly 12 year old, I was 12 when I watched it) must be extremely brave, and so must whoever is watching it with them. Trust me, think about it. Because once you see this movie, you can NEVER unsee it...
Teen, 16 years old Written byMorgan Stanell November 17, 2013

Very Disturbing-viewer desecration is advised.

I've never seen this movie, but I've seen enough clips and read the book to understand what this is about. The book was almost too scary that I had to put it down, the language... oh, the terrible language was very, very bad. With numerous uses of f--k and any other curse word out there. This movie should NOT be seen by kids/teens under 16 years of age. The sex and profanity is just bad. There is no nudity, but there is a few scenes where Regan herself diplays sex. I loved the book, and would probably love the movie, but as I've heard it IS the scariest movie of all time.
Teen, 13 years old Written byStephen the reviewer October 14, 2013

Caution!

This is a great movie; however you must realize the incredible amount of profanity and scenes that can leave you thinking of this movie for weeks. I watched this when I was thirteen and I didn't even know some of the words spoken out of the girl's mouth. This is an incredibly realistic movie of the horrors of demonic possession. Parents, be cautioned of letting your children see this movie.
Teen, 17 years old Written byavatar2121 September 13, 2013

Its an o.k movie

The movie is over hyped I just watched for the first time not one thing scared me and the only thing it was, was boring! I do suggest to check it out it is a interesting idea. The language and violence is very strong but probably o/k for any 13 year old
Kid, 12 years old August 8, 2013

Really freaky movie

This is a movie that will give people who easily get scared nightmares for six years (my friend easily gets scared and he said when he saw it he had nightmares for a long time. I love this movie, my favorite horror film by far.
Teen, 17 years old Written byhomealonefan123 July 7, 2013

A masterpeice, but can be disturbing to some.

Parents need to know that this 70's horror classic is packed with the stuff that gives little kids nightmares. The violence isn't overly strong, but it is graphic. There is gory sequences. The violence includes a possessed 12 year old girl beating her mother and other people, a man commits suicide, a man is brutally murdered offscreen and a sequence where the girl comes down the stairs with blood pouring out of her mouth. There is some sexually suggestive content and references throughout the movie. There is one scene where a girl masturbates violently with a crucifix, there is references to oral sex and more. The swearing is very strong, but most of it is used by the possessed child and some of the swearing is used in a sexually graphic matter. To be aware of the graphic content, you might want to keep this movie away from kids 12 and under.
Kid, 10 years old June 3, 2013

TERRIFYING

a terrifying masterpiece, which is not for young kids, I saw this last night I put it on at around 10 45 and finished at around 12 45, I was scared out of my mind, the language was very strong, there was a few bloody scenes. and even though this came out 40 years ago, it still remains a terrifying shocker, which has brilliant special effects and fantastic make up.
Teen, 14 years old Written byHaitham Bayazeed April 29, 2013

HB Review: The Exorcist

One of the most scariest horror movies ever, not for the faint of heart, and not for the weak stomach.
Kid, 10 years old March 29, 2013

Not so scary

I am 10 and for alot of people this movie is the freakiest thing ever but with me it is different i have watched this movie twice and has not scared me a single bit this movie in australia is rated MA15 or R while i watch alot of horrors and only the amityville horror has scared me by far this movie may have some scary scenes but if you think you can handle it this movie is epic and can get a bit boring 2nd time watching it my mum's brother me and my cousin were watching and mum's brother fell asleep lol
Teen, 13 years old Written byMaarie3 January 28, 2013

Not for young kids. No Twists, no suspense

I did not care for the movie. I like twisted, suspensful movies. This one was just plain predictable. The actors are good. Very strong language. Can terrify people under the age of 18. No real sex scenes, just a scene where the possesed girl rubs a cross against her genital area. This is only brief. Not for teens under 18. I am used to movies like this and am not easily scared. If you are mature it's okay. The movie can leave emotinal scars on some people. Be careful
Teen, 14 years old Written byZoemily January 6, 2013

Amazing classic

This shocking horror classic was something I wanted to watch for a while, but I was too scared. When I eventually watched it with my friend, we thought it was disturbing, but a really good movie. Only watch it if you're prepared for the language...it really isn't nice, the sexual content, and violence. I wasn't scared by this movie because I watch horror movies all the time, but I must admit it was disturbing. Everyone who watches horror movies has to see this.
Teen, 13 years old Written byTheGrizzlyMig December 23, 2012

A Classic

If you're an adult and you're reading this, you probably know what The Exorcist is, if you don't, I'll tell you, it's not for scaredy-cats! The first time I saw this movie, I was around 8 years old, I saw it with my grandfather who enjoys classic movies like The Shining, The Shawshank Redemption, The Godfather, etc. The result was: Until this day, The Exorcist is still the most frightening film I've ever seen. This review will be about the story, acting and other things, because I'm a far more superior intelectual being than your probably stupid son/daughter who defines horror as "jump-scares" and doesn't care about the rest. Alright, so The Exorcist is actually a book written by William Peter Blatty and was adapted to film by William Friedkin. It's about Regan McaNeil (Linda Blair), daughter of Hollywood actress, Chris MacNeil (Ellen Burstyn). One day, Regan is in the house's basement and discovers a Ouija Board, -- who your son/daughter will probably call it "Game to Contact the Spirits" (Ignorants...) -- but she thinks it's just an ordinary board-game. Regan starts "playing" with it and discovers a mysterious entity named Captain Howdy. After Regan makes contact with the entity, strange things start to happen in the MacNeils' home and Regan starts having convulsions when in bed and she claims her bed shakes at night. Worried, Chris seeks medical attention by going to a psychiatric hospital to do some tests. While in the hospital, Regan is layig down on the examination bed and suddenly she opens her eyes a little bit. The shot then cuts to a dark image, revealing Captain Howdy's true face, an ancient, pale demon named Pazuzu that your kids will have nightmares from. After conducting a series of exams, Regan is back home and one day her mom goes to her bedroom and is shocked by seeing Regan stabbing her "female parts" with a crucifix, while saying in an un-human voice "Let Jesus f*** you" over and over again. This short segment of the film is just to give you a general ideia on what your child is sooner or later being exposed to. As far as plot and story telling, Friedkin nailed it and you will be glued to the screen to see what happens next. Modern horror movies count on "boo" scares, (like your kids say), or the actual name "jump-scares" like normal people do, but The Exorcist is not. It's a non-stop ride of horror that is delivered through clever and effective scenes of pure suspense, building up the tension to then scare you like hell! Acting: This movie has great acting from everybody and the actual exorcist is performed by legendary Max Von Sydow, who your kids probably never heard of. Linda Blair and Ellen Burstyn also deliver a strong acting as Regan and Chris MacNeil. Verdict: The Exorcist is still one of the most -- if not -- scariest horror movies ever made. It delivers fear through suspense and horror. It's obviously off limits for children as it includes swearing, "scary" images and demonic possession. So, if you have kids, watch the movie without them, unless you want them to sleep with you again for 5 years but, if your kid enjoys decent horror movies like "The Shining", "Sinister", "The Omen", etc., I'm pretty sure this will make a great present. I bought this movie 3 times and they all disappear for some reason, which is a shame, because I really like the movie. Remember, parents, if one of your kids states that, for example, "Saw", "Paranormal Activity", "Insidious", etc. is the best horror movie, go to IMDb and show them the score of their movie with The Exorcist (8.1/10). Oh, and if your kid likes the modern, average crap of horror that's been being released, show them "The Exorcist" or "The Shining", which are the highest rated horror movies ever made (The Shining: 8.5/10) Apart from Scott Derrickson's "Sinister", the 21st Century is pretty much rotten when it comes to pure horror movies.
Teen, 17 years old Written by012345678900000 December 23, 2012