All member reviews for The Exorcist

Teen, 14 years old Written byfuture_spielberg July 18, 2009

classic. just amazing.

Ok you know what? If you are mature, have your mind on right, aren't too bugged by hell or the devil you can see this movie. This movie is not for the woozy or light of heart. Oh, trust me, I watched this with two friends (we have a lot of horror movie parties, this was the first time for all of us watching The Exorcist) and we were scared out of our wits watching it. Violence is so-so, I had to look away when she was in the hospital. Yes, some might call it "disturbing" I was disturbed when she was swinging on her bed for the first time screaming "mother!! mother!". But you know what? I went to sleep like a baby after that movie. It was the last movie we watched and I went to sleep without one nightmare. She pukes, spits, there is some blood, she hits and kicks and punches people. Language is grotesque, but, I mean, she was posessed. Yes, they use the F word, like no 13 year olds have heard that in their lives! And now we get to the infamous masturbating-with-a-crucifix scene. Ok...seriously...regular people who aren't posessed masturbate. If you are really religious I guess it would make you think it was a horrible movie. I respect that. But if you are mature you will really just appreciate this fine work of genius. The Exorcist is amazing, I still can't believe it was made in the '70s...
Teen, 17 years old Written byTheTrillionaire February 14, 2013

OK for kids 15+

Teen, 13 years old Written byKennyMcCormick October 3, 2011

The Exorcist!

Really creepy.
Teen, 13 years old Written byTeenHorrorReviewer October 20, 2011

The scariest movie of all time will scar you for life, and leave you haunted by the effects.

The Exorcist is the scariest movie of all time. The painstaking process of watching a young girl becoming slowly possessed is like watching a disease coming over a loved one. It is terrifying. The vulgar language and impressive effects was supposed to shock viewers back in 1973, and it is still shocking today. Such as the effects of projectile vomit, transforming into terrifying faces, the soundtrack, and extremely explicit and vulgar language. My grandparents still have their Exorcist barf bags. The combination of disturbing images, vulgar language, and terrifying effect of losing a loved one makes this the most terrifying movie of all time. My suggested MPAA rating, R: Extremely strong/graphic pervasive language, and strong disturbing images
Teen, 13 years old Written byLakeTiticaca July 28, 2011

Epickest ever

Lettem watchit its soooo epick!
Kid, 11 years old August 2, 2010

e.g. Perfect for adults, but not anyone else

Teen, 13 years old Written byiluvtheexorcist33 November 22, 2011

Best movie eva!!!

Teen, 14 years old Written byKurtSeifert December 27, 2010

Good movie for responsible teens, bad profanity though. watch on tv censcored

Great Movie, The only bad thing is the profanity that the demon possessed girl uses. just maybe mute during the exorcism scene... but anyway, if your kid really wants to see it, your best off watching a censcored version on tv :). hope this review helped!!!
Kid, 11 years old April 17, 2015

Teen, 13 years old Written byErc27 April 1, 2015

Review

This can be a scary movie for some kids, but I found it almost laughable. The effects were horrible but I understand for that time. My mom is so scared of that movie and I always quote it. You should watch with caution knowing how much your kid or you can handle. This was my first horror movie and I think it's a great one for all. It's a good classic. It had some inappropriate scenes as seen below.
Teen, 14 years old Written byKmfan97 January 16, 2015

this was a fantastic movie but it wasn't scary just errie.

I watched this when I was 12 and it wasn't near as scary as I thought it would be. Sure it was very erie at times and did have some very graphic parts but it just wasn't scary. There is a huge amount of Searle words though and the f word was said over 100 times. There where also words I had never heard at the time like c*** and c*** but I did not repeat those words and if ur child is 12 and doesn't get scared easily at horror movies they can watch it. There is also a intense jump scare at the very end which I won't spoil.
Kid, 11 years old January 8, 2015

this sucks

theres only one thing i can say about this, the should make a south park episode on this
Teen, 13 years old Written byTrollingTurtle123 December 29, 2014

The funniest movie I've ever seen

When I was around 10-11 years old I was terrified of Linda Blair's scarred up face. But finally, I got up the guts to watch it. To start with, it has a very slow build up before anything demonic happens, then she pee's on the floor and the bed starts shaking and then the real stuff begins! Yes, the hospital scene is very disturbing! I would recommend turning away at that point. Shortly afterwards though, she starts having spasms on the bed, her eyes go blank, she shouts "f*** me* and the doctors seduces her. Then there's more talky talk and after around 1 hour 30 a voice bellows 'DO IT B***H" and she masturbates with the cross screaming "LET JESUS F*** YOU" and "LICK ME" at which I was hysterically laughing which continued with the "C***ing Daughter" part. Afterwards, her mum gets a priest who gets vomited on and then sprays holy water over Regan and she screams repeatedly (more laughing from me)! Then after nearly 2 hours of waiting, the exorcism begins with profanity, head spinning before ending with a bang through the window! Overall, after nearly losing my voice from laughing, it is definitely the funniest film I've ever seen with my favorite line , "Stick your c**k in her a$$ you m***********g worthless c********r" said by Regan to Merrin
Teen, 14 years old Written byDuckCommander13 November 14, 2014

This is a classic movie

This is a classic horror movie with a good message that god will save you. There are quite a uses of f***,3 uses of c***, some s***, h***, d***, b****, and g*****. There is some minor sexual content except for the crucifix scene. There is some drinking and smoking. There is a lot of violence but not to many jump-scares. Overall this is one of my favorite horror movies i've watched.
Teen, 14 years old Written byspring_sweaters October 23, 2014

Depends on the Person

Personally, I loved this film. While it may look like just another horror film, there is actually a lot of layers and deeper meaning to this film. The graphics are well done and the actors and actresses are very talented. HOWEVER; I watched this with one of my friends and she was thoroughly disturbed, especially by the projectile vomiting and the hospital scenes, not to mention the scene where Regan does the crab down the stairs. Overall, I think it really depends on how mature you are. There is a lot of foul language but if you can put up with that and small amounts of blood, you should be alright.
Teen, 13 years old Written byamkwong September 6, 2014

Not Really Scary

I personally did not find this scary. Just a bunch of demonic possession stuff. There was a lot of puking that was kind of nasty. The blood was not bad at all and I didn't think it was violent. There was some swearing and smoking. Watch it for a small scare.
Teen, 14 years old Written byamina_m546 August 22, 2014

Movie was really bad

this movie was not scary at all it was unintentionally funny there is language but no sex scenes
Teen, 14 years old Written byitsallaboutthestory August 12, 2014

No scares, just full-out disturbing and unsettling.

No this movie isn't scary. And if you don't believe in Christianity you'll be fine unless your 8. However I do and you have no idea how much of a mess its made in my life. I still remember screaming in my bed alone at home at night screaming "NO!" because I didn't want to get possessed. This isn't a fun horror movie, all it wants to do is mess with you and get inside your head. However when it come's to quality it should've won the best picture award at the Oscar's when it was released. And the girl who's possessed is a nice good girl. She's not a jerk or popular sassy little thing. Just a nice girl, who does all those things. No good messages, well everyone who wasn't possessed at one point in the film was a good role model. Especially Regan for kids, not when she's possessed though.
Kid, 12 years old June 26, 2014

Not "The scariest movie of all time"

This movie isn't scary. Only has some strong language and blood.
Kid, 11 years old May 27, 2014