All member reviews for The Expendables 2

The Expendables are still very violent but much improved.

Educator Written byDrew Hoag August 21, 2012

Stars many well known action buffs. Sylvester Stallone is the lead of the group of Expendables and are taken by surprise when a supposedly simple mission goes terribly wrong. Stallone and the gang seek revenge on the group that kills one of their own.

Extremely violent. I would advise no one under 16 should see this movie.
Teen, 17 years old Written byPeopleschamp1995 August 18, 2012

Amazing movie

Too violent nobOdy under 17 shOuld watch
Kid, 12 years old August 18, 2012

Adults only

It's too violent for kids
Educator and Parent Written byMr. Swenson January 23, 2014

Great Movie for 7 Year olds

Great movie took my 7 year old son to it, and it was Great! Was not violent at all, and set a good example for him. I think the acting was great, and Language was at a minimum.
Kid, 10 years old June 25, 2013

good movie for 50 and up

dude this movie is the best but dont show it to people under 50
Educator and Parent Written byCosmetology93 September 15, 2012

18 and above

I think these age group of 18 and above should see this. Its high with violence!! and other things kids shouldn't watch
Teen, 16 years old Written byMovied14 August 17, 2012

Expendables 2 movie review

Very fun
Teen, 16 years old Written byChernovFan100 October 27, 2012

The Expendables 2 Review

In comparison to the first movie, The Expendables 2 has even more recognisable actors with the addition of Chuck Norris, Scott Adkins, Jean Claude Van Damme and Liam Hemsworth. Bruce Willis and Arnold Schwarzenegger also get a lot more screentime but unfortunately Jet Li disappears from the movie after just a few scenes. In terms of the violence, The Expendables 2 is equally as violent as the original. Over the course of the movie you will see men killed with truck mounted machine guns, one character blows people apart with a 50 calibre sniper rifle, two men get riddled with bullets and you see the bullets impact their body and one of the main antagonists gets his head shoved into a helicopter rotor towards the end of the movie. The cast in this movie consists of Sylvester Stallone, Jason Statham, Jet Li, Dolph Lundgren, Chuck Norris, Terry Crews, Randy Couture, Liam Hemsworth, Scott Adkins, Nan Yu, Jean Claude Van Damme, Bruce Willis and Arnold Schwarzenegger. Overall, The Expendables 2 is a very good and enjoyable movie for anyone who liked The Expendables, who likes old style action movies or who grew up with movies such as Rambo, Die Hard and Terminator.
Adult Written byjoshua martinez August 22, 2012

15 and up.

this second installment The Expendables 2 is a great action movie that has the same actors and lots of action as the previous one that will likely appeal to your older teens and parents you need to know that The Expendables 2 has a lot of intense constant bloody violence with shootings, stabbings and more the language is mild and there is some drinking and smoking used such as beer and cigars.
Adult Written bydarthsitkur August 20, 2012

better than the first

I left the theater a while ago from seeing this and it was incredible, the expendables 2 is better than the first, it has more action and is more ridiculous lol, the expendables 1 and 2 are the greatest movies ever made and the greatest movies of all time
Teen, 15 years old Written byThe Person Guy August 19, 2012

??

'On the plus side, there's a strong female character?' What is that supposed to mean? If everyone wants equal rights for women, that was a stupid thing to say. Who cares if a male or female character is strong? Whoever wrote the review is stupid.
Teen, 14 years old Written bydkasal000 January 13, 2015

The Best Expendables EVER!!!!!

Awesome completely amazing and should have been PG-13 basically.
Teen, 14 years old Written byJimmy brew November 5, 2014

Intense but still exiciting sequel has a slightly weaker script

My rating:PG-13 for violence,sexual content,intense fire sequences and disturbing images
Kid, 10 years old August 17, 2014

Why is it r rated

Dude no f-word is heard once why is it rated r for language at all man the violence is like pg-13 and to be honest they I have heard almost all these words that they said in pg movies why the heck is this rated r
Teen, 13 years old Written byILoveWarMovies August 6, 2014

Thumbs Sideways?

This is a movie where it's really up to the parent and the level of maturity in the child. But if your son/daughter has seen "Saving Private Ryan", "Dredd", or "Lone Survivor", (I have seen all three), then you can definitely see this. I highly recommend it to anyone who is into war movies like I am, and I hope I can see "The Expenables 3".
Kid, 9 years old January 1, 2014

Violent but Awesome!

I know I'm too young to watch this movie, but when I did, it was one of the best movies I've ever watched, but veeeeeeeeeery gory, bloody and violent.
Teen, 14 years old Written byFILMCRITIC500 April 20, 2013

a stellar cast and macho action collide in epic, violent, adrenaline-fuled movie

Oh. My. God. those are the only words that can sum up the amount of awesomeness in this film, a bloody, thrilling, and explosive roller coaster of a film from director Simon West. headed by one of best ensemble casts ever put together (including the all-mighty Chuck Norris), this movie explodes (literally) with delight. that still doesnt say its way too violent for younger action fans. the film contains constant strong violence and bloodshed, but it is so over-the-top that it becomes quite comedic. still, people are shot, stabbed, beaten, blown up, cut up and tortured off screen, and killed by plutonium. a main character is killed by a knife to the heart. blood spurts and splatters throughout, and a skeleton on a computer screen is briefly shown convulsing, spurting blood, and dying. one villain is decapitated onscreen by a helicopter blade. characters swear, but nothing really strong is used. some characters smoke.
Teen, 14 years old Written bybranman894 April 14, 2013

Expendables 2 gives you what you came for

The Expendables 2 is a enjoyable action filled movie. The acting is good especially by Jason Statham and Van Damme. If you want a good action movie with explosions and bullets flying everywhere this is definitely the movie for you. It is just loud good fun.
Teen, 16 years old Written byRollTide0131 March 6, 2013

it was good

Parent Written bychris1104 February 16, 2013

Warning to parents

The scene in an Orthodox Church where one of the characters dresses as a priest then kills a number of soldiers was insulting and in extremely poor taste. It was unnecessary to use a church for a scene like this. Skip this movie,you are not missing out.