All member reviews for The Expendables 2

Amazing movie

Too violent nobOdy under 17 shOuld watch
Kid, 12 years old August 18, 2012

Adults only

It's too violent for kids
Kid, 10 years old June 25, 2013

good movie for 50 and up

dude this movie is the best but dont show it to people under 50
Teen, 16 years old Written byMovied14 August 17, 2012

Expendables 2 movie review

Very fun
Teen, 16 years old Written byChernovFan100 October 27, 2012

The Expendables 2 Review

In comparison to the first movie, The Expendables 2 has even more recognisable actors with the addition of Chuck Norris, Scott Adkins, Jean Claude Van Damme and Liam Hemsworth. Bruce Willis and Arnold Schwarzenegger also get a lot more screentime but unfortunately Jet Li disappears from the movie after just a few scenes. In terms of the violence, The Expendables 2 is equally as violent as the original. Over the course of the movie you will see men killed with truck mounted machine guns, one character blows people apart with a 50 calibre sniper rifle, two men get riddled with bullets and you see the bullets impact their body and one of the main antagonists gets his head shoved into a helicopter rotor towards the end of the movie. The cast in this movie consists of Sylvester Stallone, Jason Statham, Jet Li, Dolph Lundgren, Chuck Norris, Terry Crews, Randy Couture, Liam Hemsworth, Scott Adkins, Nan Yu, Jean Claude Van Damme, Bruce Willis and Arnold Schwarzenegger. Overall, The Expendables 2 is a very good and enjoyable movie for anyone who liked The Expendables, who likes old style action movies or who grew up with movies such as Rambo, Die Hard and Terminator.
Teen, 15 years old Written byThe Person Guy August 19, 2012

??

'On the plus side, there's a strong female character?' What is that supposed to mean? If everyone wants equal rights for women, that was a stupid thing to say. Who cares if a male or female character is strong? Whoever wrote the review is stupid.
Teen, 14 years old Written bydkasal000 January 13, 2015

The Best Expendables EVER!!!!!

Awesome completely amazing and should have been PG-13 basically.
Teen, 14 years old Written byJimmy brew November 5, 2014

Intense but still exiciting sequel has a slightly weaker script

My rating:PG-13 for violence,sexual content,intense fire sequences and disturbing images
Kid, 10 years old August 17, 2014

Why is it r rated

Dude no f-word is heard once why is it rated r for language at all man the violence is like pg-13 and to be honest they I have heard almost all these words that they said in pg movies why the heck is this rated r
Teen, 13 years old Written byILoveWarMovies August 6, 2014

Thumbs Sideways?

This is a movie where it's really up to the parent and the level of maturity in the child. But if your son/daughter has seen "Saving Private Ryan", "Dredd", or "Lone Survivor", (I have seen all three), then you can definitely see this. I highly recommend it to anyone who is into war movies like I am, and I hope I can see "The Expenables 3".
Kid, 9 years old January 1, 2014

Violent but Awesome!

I know I'm too young to watch this movie, but when I did, it was one of the best movies I've ever watched, but veeeeeeeeeery gory, bloody and violent.
Teen, 14 years old Written byFILMCRITIC500 April 20, 2013

a stellar cast and macho action collide in epic, violent, adrenaline-fuled movie

Oh. My. God. those are the only words that can sum up the amount of awesomeness in this film, a bloody, thrilling, and explosive roller coaster of a film from director Simon West. headed by one of best ensemble casts ever put together (including the all-mighty Chuck Norris), this movie explodes (literally) with delight. that still doesnt say its way too violent for younger action fans. the film contains constant strong violence and bloodshed, but it is so over-the-top that it becomes quite comedic. still, people are shot, stabbed, beaten, blown up, cut up and tortured off screen, and killed by plutonium. a main character is killed by a knife to the heart. blood spurts and splatters throughout, and a skeleton on a computer screen is briefly shown convulsing, spurting blood, and dying. one villain is decapitated onscreen by a helicopter blade. characters swear, but nothing really strong is used. some characters smoke.
Teen, 14 years old Written bybranman894 April 14, 2013

Expendables 2 gives you what you came for

The Expendables 2 is a enjoyable action filled movie. The acting is good especially by Jason Statham and Van Damme. If you want a good action movie with explosions and bullets flying everywhere this is definitely the movie for you. It is just loud good fun.
Teen, 16 years old Written byRollTide0131 March 6, 2013

it was good

Teen, 16 years old Written byBooknerd101 January 10, 2013

Watch for the story

What can I say about this amazing movie? Yes, it is quite violent. Heads get shot off, get helicoptered off, and thousands of bullets hit. But see it for the story!
Teen, 13 years old Written byelsbels99 December 28, 2012

Generally a Good movie!

I watched this film last night with both of my parents. Me being 13 is a little under the suggested rating but nether the less this was a good film. I think this is a definite no, no(!) for children under my age. The film is very violent but matches the material that a lot of children are playing in video games. Above all though, the decision to let kids watch this is all down to their maturity level and age to some extent (e.g. my 8 year old sister would definitely not want to watch this movie and wouldn't be allowed). On a plus note, there are quite a few good role models presented in this film and the gore isn't as much shown, some scenes are darkened- like the final battle scene between Stalone and the bad guy.
Kid, 10 years old November 19, 2012

good

this is very violent because it is killing and not for kids
Teen, 15 years old Written bymattguy15 October 13, 2012

awesometacular

Teen, 17 years old Written byAazi October 12, 2012

Parents should watch with kids.

Kids will love it. If there is a issue of bad things. Parents can watch with their kids. There is only one kissing scene (not a big issue) and violence is not a issue, kids will enjoy the violence but not too younger kids like I said its good for 11 & up. But its important that kids should not watch this movie ALONE. Parents should also join them. BTW, Amazing movie!
Teen, 13 years old Written byLegoGamer123 September 21, 2012

The Expendables 2 Just Barely R

The Expendables 2 is an instant action classic, it's one of those movies that has pretty much non-stop action throughout. It does have plenty of violence and deaths, but it's mostly explosions and shooting, but it's not heavy dramatic violence. It's mostly just people get shot and you can see blood but it;s not a close up, It's mostly quick shoot-em'-up violence. The language isn't even as bad as what PG-13 movies say! They don't even say the f-bomb once, which is rare for this type of movie. It's pretty close to PG-13.