The Expendables are still very violent but much improved.

Kid, 10 years old August 17, 2014

Why is it r rated

Dude no f-word is heard once why is it rated r for language at all man the violence is like pg-13 and to be honest they I have heard almost all these words that they said in pg movies why the heck is this rated r
Teen, 13 years old Written byILoveWarMovies August 6, 2014

Thumbs Sideways?

This is a movie where it's really up to the parent and the level of maturity in the child. But if your son/daughter has seen "Saving Private Ryan", "Dredd", or "Lone Survivor", (I have seen all three), then you can definitely see this. I highly recommend it to anyone who is into war movies like I am, and I hope I can see "The Expenables 3".
Teen, 14 years old Written bybranman894 April 14, 2013

Expendables 2 gives you what you came for

The Expendables 2 is a enjoyable action filled movie. The acting is good especially by Jason Statham and Van Damme. If you want a good action movie with explosions and bullets flying everywhere this is definitely the movie for you. It is just loud good fun.
Parent Written bychris1104 February 16, 2013

Warning to parents

The scene in an Orthodox Church where one of the characters dresses as a priest then kills a number of soldiers was insulting and in extremely poor taste. It was unnecessary to use a church for a scene like this. Skip this movie,you are not missing out.
Teen, 16 years old Written byBooknerd101 January 10, 2013

Watch for the story

What can I say about this amazing movie? Yes, it is quite violent. Heads get shot off, get helicoptered off, and thousands of bullets hit. But see it for the story!
Teen, 13 years old Written byelsbels99 December 28, 2012

Generally a Good movie!

I watched this film last night with both of my parents. Me being 13 is a little under the suggested rating but nether the less this was a good film. I think this is a definite no, no(!) for children under my age. The film is very violent but matches the material that a lot of children are playing in video games. Above all though, the decision to let kids watch this is all down to their maturity level and age to some extent (e.g. my 8 year old sister would definitely not want to watch this movie and wouldn't be allowed). On a plus note, there are quite a few good role models presented in this film and the gore isn't as much shown, some scenes are darkened- like the final battle scene between Stalone and the bad guy.
Parent of a 6 and 9 year old Written byFilmFather November 28, 2012

A great idea, two decades too late

If you told me 20 years ago that Rambo, John McClane, and The Terminator were in the same movie, I would’ve pulled a muscle in my sprint to buy a ticket. But now that the men behind these three action icons have finally joined forces in this year’s The Expendables 2, the experience is hollow, anti-climactic, and two decades too late. *** No one’s looking for high art in the Expendables films or the blow-‘em-ups of yesteryear they hope to emulate. But The Expendables 2 is dumb and ridiculous even by ‘80s standards. Cheesy one-liners elicit more groans than laughs, there are hackneyed references to the stars’ classic action characters and their catchphrases, and every other scene seems to be our heroes walking in slow motion to the “dum-da-da-dum” score. *** The Expendables 2 is rated R for “strong bloody violence throughout,” and they ain’t kidding: shootings, beatings, stabbings, dismemberments, and immolation, to name a few. In addition, many, many things – from bridges to tanks to planes to buildings – are blown up, crashed, or demolished. Strangely, there is very mild use of profanities (though one use of “retard”). *** READ MY FULL REVIEW AT: filmfather (dot) blogspot (dot) com.
Kid, 10 years old November 19, 2012

good

this is very violent because it is killing and not for kids
Teen, 15 years old Written bymattguy15 October 13, 2012

awesometacular

Teen, 17 years old Written byAazi October 12, 2012

Parents should watch with kids.

Kids will love it. If there is a issue of bad things. Parents can watch with their kids. There is only one kissing scene (not a big issue) and violence is not a issue, kids will enjoy the violence but not too younger kids like I said its good for 11 & up. But its important that kids should not watch this movie ALONE. Parents should also join them. BTW, Amazing movie!
Parent of a 12 year old Written byChristylyn15 September 30, 2012

Man cave movie

Gratuitous violence & lots of blood. No sex or nudity. Some funny parts. My hubby enjoyed it & I thought it was okay.
Teen, 13 years old Written byLegoGamer123 September 21, 2012

The Expendables 2 Just Barely R

The Expendables 2 is an instant action classic, it's one of those movies that has pretty much non-stop action throughout. It does have plenty of violence and deaths, but it's mostly explosions and shooting, but it's not heavy dramatic violence. It's mostly just people get shot and you can see blood but it;s not a close up, It's mostly quick shoot-em'-up violence. The language isn't even as bad as what PG-13 movies say! They don't even say the f-bomb once, which is rare for this type of movie. It's pretty close to PG-13.
Teen, 13 years old Written byred316 September 17, 2012

A great movie

Lots of violence, but meant to be cheesy and campy. very good movie.
Teen, 15 years old Written byMoviedudde18 September 13, 2012

TE2

Very entertaining action movie has some cool jokes.
Adult Written byKarrie21 September 3, 2012

Violent but still a good movie

I enjoyed the first Expendables movie and I wasn't disappointed with the second one. Obviously there is a lot of violence but I think for a mature teenager who understands the difference between movie violence and real-world violence, there shouldn't be a problem. This movie is hilarious with a great cast so by all means, go see it with your kids. Or even go see it without them the first time to make sure you think it's appropriate because it's definitely funny enough for a second trip.
Teen, 15 years old Written byHeyImATeenGirl September 3, 2012

13+ is a good rating

Honestly, the first one was so much more inappropriate compared to this one. The only thing is the violence. If your child is mature enough they should be able to watch it. Nothing sexual, minimal drinking, and almost zero profanity. It was a great movie. Kids will be fine.
Teen, 15 years old Written bybucks2012 September 3, 2012

R rated wtf

Violence 3/5 Blood effects and a huge body count but cartoony and unrealistic Profanity 1/5 Pg language 1 use of bast•rd and sh•t Sex 1/5 Talk about cheating and jokes Drinking/drugs Social drinking So cartoony common R really pg-13.
Kid, 12 years old August 30, 2012

15+, are the ratings akward. Parents should choose if we see it or not.

I don't think that this film should be rated by anyone, but only permission by your mother or father as all the things that my parents have to know are rubbish because they don't bother me. So the rating should be done by our parents and some 15+ are scared of blood so.... As I told you should be rated with our parents. From trailers some clips on YouTube it look fantastic with great actors, great clips etc. I like to watch this but the rating is there so.. My mother allowed me to watch it so..... IDIOT RATING. If ratings had to be by force i think 12-13+ should be done.
Kid, 11 years old August 28, 2012

Good Movie but A lot of Violence

For kids thirteen and up. I saw it, but if your kid repeats everything they hear, don't take them. Also, there are a few gruesome scenes.
Teen, 16 years old Written byDomination777 August 27, 2012

Legendary Movie

Awesome movie! A lot of Action! Only good though for kids 15 and up. Not too bad with the cursing, but you kbow your kids.