All member reviews for The Family

Funny but imperfect mob comedy has violence, language.

Parent Written byParent Sense September 15, 2013

Don't waste your money!

This is the bottom of the list of movies ever seen!. Extremely violent, girls gives up virginity easy and then wants to commits suicide, brother is a criminal, and the entire family is violent beyond words. Makes no sense either!
Parent Written byDan G. September 15, 2013

Not for children of ANY age

There is too much seriously objectionable material in this film to be seen by children. The violence against others is serious and bloody. There is graphic sexual activity between unmarried persons and children; (interestingly, the sex between married persons is less graphic, go figure). Religion is treated as part of the joke, the language is about as bad as it gets in a movie, and there is profanity. Take your children to see this R- Rated movie only if you don't love them.
Teen, 16 years old Written byB-KMastah September 17, 2013

About 112 minutes too long.

The first half was the most mediocre thing that I've ever experienced in my life. There were no highs and no lows; it just existed. Then it suddenly became just a low. A boring low with bad writing. The ENTIRE movie is made up of subplots that don't work. It tries to be funny and sometimes sexy or thrilling, and does nothing but just fails over and over instead. There's no good timing nor is there good characterization. One moment Dianna Agron is beating up teenage boys because she doesn't need a man, and then she later attempts suicide because she can't have a relationship with her math teacher (and that subplot was just gross). The tone shifts like crazy and just becomes more and more inconsistent throughout. I saw this on a Tuesday and it wasn't even good enough to be a sufficient weekday matinee. I started individually counting each seat in the theater to entertain myself. That's a serious problem. 3.6/10, awful, two thumbs down, far below average, etc.
Adult Written byNathan009 November 16, 2014

Good

The film is not one of de Niros best but It is good
Adult Written byslasher23 August 16, 2014
Violence a language a sexist scene
Kid, 11 years old February 2, 2014

Loved it!

Donno why. But I really enjoyed it....
Teen, 13 years old Written byAVTRlover 4 January 19, 2014

The Family

This was fun, but far from amazing. There was a lot of mob violence, but in a comedic tone, and some of the most funny sequences involved people using extreme violence when angry. There was one sex scene that was part of a romantic subplot between a high school student and a guy who is about 10 years older. Another one of the funniest jokes in the movie revolved around the f**k word. There was use of that word frequently, along with miler exclamations. There was also some drinking and smoking. There were quite a few funny parts in this, but the story was sort of bland, so it was just OK.
Kid, 11 years old January 13, 2014

*face palm*

List of why i hate this film. Boring Stupid Disgusting Crude Weird Complicated The sex is embarrassing did i say disgusting?
Teen, 16 years old Written byJmc123 December 18, 2013

great movie but kids under 13 should not watch it

the family is a really good movie! the movie has some language and some violence but its not so bad for kids 13 and over
Kid, 9 years old December 7, 2013

THE best old family movie this year!

I loved this movie but parents if you want to see the family in the story they act rude crude and more!
Educator and Parent Written byPhhhth September 27, 2013

Get some imagination will yas!!

This movie would have been good if they hadn't used Jesus name in vain and yet again the girl giving it up, they could have taken another angle like letting him just feel her up by why oh why once again do they have to show a girl giving it up. Get some imagination will yas! Even with all the outrageous ways they took care of their challenges it was a good it would have been a great movie if they would just leave God and Jesus out of their negative language and let the girl for once keep her virginity! I do like the way they all pulled together when it counted.
Teen, 14 years old Written byNoa_iak September 27, 2013

It is a boring, steriotiped movie, don't bother watching

It is a very boring movie, and all my friends agreed. There is just one or two scenes with sexual contant and I think teens my age can easiely deal with that. It is a boring, steriotiped movie, don't watch
Parent Written byLauren Mofield September 14, 2013

the family

This movie was pretty good more of a teen shooter movie that did nothing for me. I must say it did have its witty funny lines but it was not as bad common sense media made it out to be with sex or language