All member reviews for The Flight Before Christmas

Wolves will scare younger kids in this holiday feature.

Parent of a 4 year old Written byZenMama December 13, 2009
the main character is an illegitimate reindeer whose father is one of santa's flying reindeer, that had a one-night stand w/his mother, and none of the reindeer own up to the deed. the bad guys are frightening wolves that are trying to eat up santa and his reindeer. my preschooler was understandably too scared to watch when they came on screen. despite the marketing, this is not a family-friendly Christmas movie.
Parent of a 8 year old Written bydhutchinson December 4, 2012

Flight Before Christmas or One Night Stand Before Christmas?

As a divorced father dealing with separation from a child due to parental alienation I found this movie disturbing, the mother has a one night stand, doesn't know who the father is, but she is ok with that, the child tries to find his dad, then doesn;t immediately fess up to it, then he does but the squirrel is declared the real dad because he has been there the whole time. I honestly need to go to counseling now after watching this. It is by far the worse Christmas movie produced.
Parent Written byMYKONOSMASON December 13, 2011

DONT LET YOUR KIDS WATCH THIS MOVIE!

This movie made me sick. This is basically a movie about a one night stand a reindeer had with a random buck and she doesn't know who the baby daddy is! The reindeer goes looking for his father and there are trashy comments about dna laying around and which reindeer had a one night stand with this reindeers mother? Forget it!
Adult Written byLowe's man March 25, 2016

Not for those who value good parent-child relationships or for purists.

Although this is scary for younger children, the level of scariness is appropriate for the age group it's aimed at. That's not where the problem is. The problem is that the main character's biological father won't accept his son and is so critical of his son's mistakes that he feels very badly about himself. The father is, in fact, so mean that he makes Simon Cowell look like Mister Rogers. But the worst part is that Santa's reindeer are all different. What happened to Rudolph, Dasher, Comet, etc. That all by itself makes this special bad.
Parent Written by10skies September 24, 2015

A CHRISTMAS CLASSIC

this movie is a classic 2 thumbs up
Kid, 10 years old October 26, 2012

Common Sence? More like Common Nitpicks

OK, first of all, don't litsen to those crybabies who work the site. This is a nice family movie for 6 and up. It's the perfect movie. A lighthearted hero with a dream, some help from along the way, the enemy,the small bit of music from the singing ferret or weasel or whatever it is.
Teen, 16 years old Written byREVIEWGUY101 September 8, 2016

Beautiful Christmas movie

This was a beautiful Christmas movie the animation is well done and the film is just mind blowing and astonishing
Parent Written byDiDDleMAN000 September 30, 2015

There is nothing wrong with this movie

This was a great Christmas movie it had just the right amount of villian just the right amount of Christmas and just the right amount of hero this was a good movie with nothing what so ever inapropriate
Teen, 15 years old Written bySATURNaTDAwN September 25, 2015

Good Christmas movie

This was a pretty good Christmas movie
Teen, 15 years old Written byWOLF13 September 24, 2015

ONE OF THE BEST CHRISTMAS MOVIES IN YEARS

This was an awesome Christmas movie there is appropriate content and the wolves are not scary
Parent Written byBlueRIVER September 24, 2015

Good Christmas movie

This is a brilliant and popular Christmas movie good plot and cool antagonist
Parent Written byBobbyjoe123 May 3, 2015

Good holiday movie

This movie was clearly a classic and had appropriate content the wolves are not scary and did not bother my kids
Kid, 11 years old December 19, 2012

Slightly violent, but good

I'm a bit too old to be watching it, but it was so cute and I don't regret it! It had a nice story, although there were a few sex references near the end. But kids won't notice. It's just us nit-picky tweens that notice anything like that! The wolves were quite scary, but not scary enough to be too bothered about! It got a bit violent occasionally, too. But overall it was a great family film.
Parent of a 4 year old Written bypolkaboy December 11, 2010

Looked charming and cute, but the wolves would be scary to a 4yo.

I just turned the TV on, and this was playing. It was a cute scene, with the animals skiing down the mountain, totally appropriate for our 4yo. We're always looking for family friendly shows to TiVo. So I began recording it...and not one minute later, the scary wolves bared their fangs. So I headed to common sense media.org to see what the recommendation was...it sounded right on the money. I quite recording it...thx common sense media...your reviews are always spot on. (Interesting note - submitting this review flagged the text "common sense media (all one word)" as spam...you might want to remove your website name from your spam filter;) ! )