All member reviews for The Flight of the Navigator

Teen, 13 years old Written byDisneymovielover77 January 31, 2015

E.T. meets Witch Mountain

Quit complaining about this movie, we hear way worse when we're in school. There are a few bad words but I didn't notice them. There are way worse movies that have worse language and tv shows like dance moms and other shows like that. This is just a fun a Sci-Fi movie of the 80s that families watch. The movie is about a boy named David Scott Freeman. One night he disappeared into the forest and wakes up eight years later. He has information about a space ship and what happened to him and where he was gone for eight years. He became something called The Navigator because of all the information he got when he was gone for 8 years of his life. The movie reminded me of Escape to Witch Mountain and Return to Witch Mountain, with a dash of E.T thrown into the plot. The inside of the spaceship was really cool and so were the little animals that were puppets in it. I was laughing while watching it. Max became David's friend when he was on the ship and he had a new pet that he got when he traveled back in time with Max to July 4th,1976. He does learn a few important lessons in the end like that you do belong even if you disappear for 8 years and you never aged and you also learn a thing or two about friends. It's really cool movie in my opinion. I watched it because it's Disney and I started watching some of their old live action films and there new ones as well. The language was not an issue now would you rather show your kids the movies that are R and are WAY worse than this or show these movies from Disney and other kid movies of the 80s. I thought it wasn't an issue also I hear words that are worse in school than what I heard in this movie. My point is..... is that we watch movies because they're fun and enjoyable and I thought this was a cute and fun family sci-if movie of the 80s. The only scary scene in the film was when David was in the forest alone. It's a really good movie and I thought it was fun to watch. Give it a chance and here's a life lesson Don't Judge A Book By It's Cover or Judge a Movie By The Company But Judge A Movie by How Much Heart The Movie Has!!
Kid, 12 years old March 12, 2014

Bad language in cool film

Yet again, it's Epicboy21. Basically the language is nothing your kids haven't heard in school before; however, swearing may offend viewers such as "holy sh*t!", "b*st*rd" and "h*ll", "d*mn", "buttface" - this and Short Circuit are good films. However, read my Short Circuit review for more details. A good story with some funny bits in it. Even Paul Reubens stars as the robot guy the boy's with. Thankyou for reading.
Teen, 13 years old Written byHollyBean December 31, 2013

Gotta see!!!

This movie is one of my all time faorites!!! It is an amazing story that is family friendly! It has great characters and is very funny. I think this is a classic everyone would enjoy!