Kid reviews for The Founder

Gripping film about burger entrepreneur has strong language.

Kid, 8 years old March 9, 2017

Good movie yet loads of son of a b word

Teen, 13 years old Written byjvillvin February 11, 2017

No Problem

It is a great fun family comedy.

Teen, 15 years old Written byDevin ghost March 18, 2017

Ok for a 12+

This is a real story about a guy that owns McDonald's
Teen, 17 years old Written byTraaaash July 12, 2017

Eill change how ypu look at McDonald's

Howit starts put as ray just selling his invention, to him becoming more of a villian in the movie. He divorces his wife, and puts the original mcdonalda out of business. Definitely puts a different eye on "why not to go to mc donalds" ontop of that its fake and unhealthy foods.
Teen, 16 years old Written byarianagrande June 24, 2017

Teen, 16 years old Written byLamshoo May 10, 2017

Not Good for McDonalds

The reviews call it an ad for McDonalds, not at all! This movie shows the story of the "founder" of McDonalds, a sleazy dirtbag who stole the company from the real founders and screwed them over in the process. [SPOILERS] The movie starts with what seems to be a guy down on his luck who finds a wonderful chance to help some brothers expand their restaurant while also improving his life in the process but it quickly turns into his sleazy campaign to steal the buisness from its true founders. In no way can this possibly be considered an ad for McDonalds. After watching this movie I feel even less inclined to eat at a McDonalds, knowing how wrongly it haas become what it is today. Great messages may not be the best descriptor but it certainly is a cautionary tale of greed and the hurt it can bring to others. If I remember correctly there is one non-frivilous use of the f-bomb. What I mean by this is that it's use actually helps to further the character progression. The brothers/real founders don't use anything worse than h*ll and it is at their lowest point, while the "founder" progressively begins to swear more and more throughout the movie as he becomes sleazier and greedier. The f-bomb comes at the height of his sleaziness and while the movie wouldn't have been worse without it, it certainly had it's reason to be used.

Teen, 13 years old Written byKinkajou21 June 21, 2017

The Founder (Perhaps some Spoilers)

I really enjoyed this movie. Though somewhat selfish and not a great role model, Ray Kroc does show tremendous work ethic and perseverance, and keeps fighting for his vision until it is realized. Overall, the movie highlights the importance of hard work and never giving up. There is not really any violence in the movie, just a few somewhat heated arguments. There is some strong language peppered throughout the film. There is some social drinking, but only among adults/people that are of age. There really isn't any sex. There may be one or two kisses, but I don't remember any. Ray, who is married, flirts with a married woman. We learn later that they fall in love and marry each other, but we don't learn the specifics of their relationship.

Teen, 16 years old Written byTomydurden July 25, 2017

My rating: PG-13 for language

Teen, 13 years old Written byrealSaddy August 20, 2017

Very good film.

The movie, The Founder, is a very well made film about the coming of McDonald's. It is not the most charming story, as the main character steals ideas and breaks contracts to get ahead and beat other people. Although it displays a message that you can do anything you can dream of, at any age. It does contain swearing throughout it, although not an overwhelming amount. These contain words such as Son of a -----, and F---, throughout the film a couple times. The main character also leaves his wife at the end, I think, to be with a women who he fell in love with while bringing up McDonald's.

Kid, 8 years old April 7, 2018

good movie

I personally really liked this movie although it had words like F.. K,S.. T and ass it had a strong message of persevere and love

Teen, 13 years old Written byModernCritic August 18, 2018

Just Barely 4 Stars

At first, I really despised the ending. The ending showed how if you have perserverance, you can crush other people's dreams. I didn't like that because I thought they were celebrating it. But if you look at it like a cautionary tale, it's a mighty fun ride. And lots of people hate the amount of language in this movie, but honestly, it's got as much as an adult PG movie

Kid, 12 years old November 26, 2018

Excellent movie!!!

This is a very good movie! The acting is excellent and you feel for all of the characters. I have rewatched it at least 3 times. Some iffy stuff, but my 7 year old sister watched it and loved it. Highly recommend watching, and keep in mind children can handle more than you think.