All member reviews for The Fox and the Hound

Heartwarming tale of friendship, but expect some peril.

Teen, 13 years old Written bymannymateo10isback January 24, 2011

a heartwarming wonderful excellent family movie ever for all ages!!

Adult Written bypeter2820 January 24, 2011

excellent family movie, no one can hate it

" when you have a natural attraction you deserve a mutuall reaction, you gonna get a whole lot of satisfaction..." really a questionable song that ends well. Otherwise, perfect movie. All other aspects are beatufull, emotional and thought provoking.
Kid, 10 years old December 11, 2010

Better Plot Then The Sequel.. But A Bit Scary

This movie is very beautiful and it has a wonderful, well thought plot. It's great how they thought of the two best friends being a fox and a hound.. because, naturally hounds kill foxes. This teaches children to work out differences and become friends. (Like the Cats and Dogs sequel.) This movie is an amazing classic... and I recommend you see it. Just fast forward through the fire scene and the bear scene if your 4 year old or below seems frightened.
Kid, 7 years old July 17, 2010

scary for people under seven

It was not what I thought it would be. The mother of Tod was killed at the beginning and I felt sad because she gave her life for Tod. It was part funny because the woodpecker and his friend were just trying to get only one caterpiller for the whole movie. But for the most part it was violent and scary and sad. And not my favorite disney movie.
Kid, 12 years old June 26, 2010

Beautiful but Cautionary

This movie is educational for friendship more powerful than murder, sad as a drama, violent as an action movie, scary as a horror movie and kid-friendly. Forget about everything, this is the greatest movie you'll will watch in your whole life. Contains scary images and violent fight scenes
Kid, 12 years old June 21, 2010
Teen, 13 years old Written by4kidshater June 5, 2010

probally not like Bambi, but still a very good movie

I like this movie. It has friendship. It may not be a classic, but it's a classic to me. It has good messages. I like it. i recommeded it
Teen, 14 years old Written byMariodude23 May 14, 2010

Probably the most bitter-sweet and melancholy of the whole canon.

I love this movie, it's one of the ten best that the company has produced. It's sweet charming and proves that no matter what walk of life you come from; you can be friends. Sort of like a Lady and the Tramp of friendship. I love it, it has good messages of said friendship, standing up for what is right; but I say maybe for 4+: It opens up with a vixen dropping off her kitten (Tod) at a farm while being chased by hunters to save his life, the 'big brother' figure for Copper (the Hound) is hit by a train, Amos Slade and Copper go after Tod in a nature preserve to KILL him. Under the name of the mouse? Still, it's harmful to tots throughout the third act but uplifting and bitter-sweet at the end to anyone above the age of 5.
Kid, 12 years old November 9, 2009

Cute

I love this movie! Vixiy was cute!
Teen, 16 years old Written byCSM Screen Name... April 9, 2008