All member reviews for The Game Plan

The Rock scores in cute (if predictable) comedy.

Parent of a 6 and 8 year old Written byDoll June 21, 2010

Whose my Daddy?

The whole movie is based on the fact that the main character didn't know he had a kid. How do I explain that? And why should I have to? In general, I was disappointed and the children were confused.
Adult Written byjdmomto3 April 9, 2008

FINALLY! A movie with no inappropriate scenarios.

At last somebody has produced a movie that doesn't act as though a child resulting from premarital sex is just another little hiccup along life's highway. Rock's daughter, about whom he knows nothing, appears unexpectedly, but is the product of a previous MARRIAGE. Hooray! Now I don't have to suddenly explain how this can happen, when the parent has never been married before (several PG rated films released in recent years have unexpectedly included this scenario, as if children will just overlook this little detail. They don't! They want to know just how this can happen, when they have been taught that children come after a couple MARRIES. And any film that presents it as otherwise should be rated PG-13.). Hollywood is attempting to convince our children that marriage is a not-really-necessary little detail, and I, for one, mightily resent it. So this movie, full of positive, appropriate influences, is very refreshing and thoroughly entertaining, with no uncomfortable moments when inappropriate themes are simply plopped down in the middle when it is rated as though it hasn't any. We need to demand that more movies like this are produced! This one's a keeper!
Kid, 8 years old June 23, 2009

Love it

Me and my mom absolutely Love this movie. Its so nice.
Teen, 14 years old Written bypurplebaron December 13, 2012

Okay for families.

This is an OK film - something the whole family can watch. But isn't that great..... It may scare very young children near the ending when Madison's character has a health scare
Adult Written bysupergram April 9, 2008

laughed,luaghed,laughed

I really enjoyed this movie it was great.Watched it with my son and grandson,it get's touching in parts ,but it does teach some things.very good movie,i would watch this over and over.thumbs up ROCK,AND THE LITTLE GIRL IS SO CUTE.YOU GOTTA SEE IT!!!!! VERY FUNNY!!
Adult Written byAbracadebra April 9, 2008

Thought it would be worse

I really dreaded seeing this movie, but my child enjoyed it tremendously and I didn't find it that hard to sit through. Very contrived plot. Disturbing revelation that child's mother had died had my daughter (age 7) in sobs and tears. Single moms (I am one) should be aware the story makes much of the "girls need their fathers" theme. However, the movie positively portrayed the father-child relationship. Nice portrayal of ballet as a sport, every bit as challenging as football (which it is!)
Kid, 11 years old February 28, 2015

Great!

Great movie. Some disturbing scenes. The mans muscles are kind-a gross. Funny though. At the end Peyton almost dies which might scare younger kids. Funny, cute, heartwarming family movie.
Teen, 17 years old Written bywhitesoxbuff March 11, 2010
I actually liked it
Kid, 12 years old January 30, 2010

You serious people??

How could you actually like it? The movie makes no sense at all, I just don't get it. My sis loves it, and i keep watching it over and over again to see what the message is, to understand what the plot is about. But i just can't seem to grasp it, cause the acting is horrible and the jokes are stupid that are meant for two year olds to see. I get bored after the first twenty minutes. Don't buy it.
Adult Written bySpud April 9, 2008
This is one that the whole family can enjoy. These days it's really hard to find any movie that doesn't have any cussing in it, but this is one of them. No violence either. Probably the only reason this is rated PG is because of a slightly suggestive comment in the dialogue. But it's very subtle, so it's probably not worth mentioning.
Kid, 12 years old July 7, 2016

The game plan- a fun plan

The game plan is a great movie for the whole family, it's really entertaining. It's the story of a man who doesn't know he has a daughter until she comes and visits him. The little girl who is played by Madison Pettis, so super adorable. There is only one part that is a bit scary... Madison reacts to nuts in an allergic way, and has to be rushed to the hospital, everything turns out okay but it's a bit scary, cause at first her dad doesn't believe her... Big it's really funny and I bet you'll love it!
Adult Written byTGIWI.CY December 10, 2015

Good

Good movie for the Family.
Adult Written bybradenandersona September 8, 2015
Adult Written bybloodlist June 24, 2012

Great movie for the whole family to see

i think game plan was a really good movie.there is sad parts in the movie but if you this is sad you have to see Lifted.
Teen, 17 years old Written byabbacus June 6, 2012

Cute Family Movie.

It was good.
Kid, 10 years old December 30, 2011

Two Thumbs Up!

The Game Plan is a very nice movie. You would love it!
Kid, 12 years old October 9, 2011

Sweet, Funny, but Predictable

Funny movie, sweet and sends good messages of family and responsibility, if predictable. Not much that would offend parents of young kids, except for maybe some "football violence", like tackling. I'd say it's okay.
Kid, 12 years old September 19, 2011

THE game PLAN

such a good movie. love it and its one of my favourite movies. i dont see y everyone is saying the movie isnt good. its such a nice movie. highly recommend watching this film.
Teen, 13 years old Written bymegie596 August 4, 2011

amazing!

love this movie! i am watching it right now it is so good!
Kid, 11 years old February 22, 2011

Fine Movie

This is a Fine movie thats funny but not one of my favorite. Mostly just becuz i dont like football :)