All member reviews for The Game Plan

The Rock scores in cute (if predictable) comedy.

Parent of a 6 and 8 year old Written byDoll June 21, 2010

Whose my Daddy?

The whole movie is based on the fact that the main character didn't know he had a kid. How do I explain that? And why should I have to? In general, I was disappointed and the children were confused.
Kid, 8 years old June 23, 2009

Love it

Me and my mom absolutely Love this movie. Its so nice.
Adult Written byjdmomto3 April 9, 2008

FINALLY! A movie with no inappropriate scenarios.

At last somebody has produced a movie that doesn't act as though a child resulting from premarital sex is just another little hiccup along life's highway. Rock's daughter, about whom he knows nothing, appears unexpectedly, but is the product of a previous MARRIAGE. Hooray! Now I don't have to suddenly explain how this can happen, when the parent has never been married before (several PG rated films released in recent years have unexpectedly included this scenario, as if children will just overlook this little detail. They don't! They want to know just how this can happen, when they have been taught that children come after a couple MARRIES. And any film that presents it as otherwise should be rated PG-13.). Hollywood is attempting to convince our children that marriage is a not-really-necessary little detail, and I, for one, mightily resent it. So this movie, full of positive, appropriate influences, is very refreshing and thoroughly entertaining, with no uncomfortable moments when inappropriate themes are simply plopped down in the middle when it is rated as though it hasn't any. We need to demand that more movies like this are produced! This one's a keeper!
Kid, 11 years old May 23, 2010

not for your very young children but perfect for kids

the game plan is a touching movie but, product placement is a in this movie to Jell-O, Hannah Montana, ESPN, Dunkin' Donuts, a BlackBerry phone is mentioned, Bedazzelr, Dasani water, iPods, Cingular wireless, lChenal, a Sidekick cell phone, Nike,and last but not least Cold Stone Creamery. Payton knows what a margirita is and tere's a lot of football vlionence
Teen, 17 years old Written bywhitesoxbuff March 11, 2010

I actually liked it
Kid, 12 years old January 30, 2010

You serious people??

How could you actually like it? The movie makes no sense at all, I just don't get it. My sis loves it, and i keep watching it over and over again to see what the message is, to understand what the plot is about. But i just can't seem to grasp it, cause the acting is horrible and the jokes are stupid that are meant for two year olds to see. I get bored after the first twenty minutes. Don't buy it.
Adult Written bysupergram April 9, 2008

laughed,luaghed,laughed

I really enjoyed this movie it was great.Watched it with my son and grandson,it get's touching in parts ,but it does teach some things.very good movie,i would watch this over and over.thumbs up ROCK,AND THE LITTLE GIRL IS SO CUTE.YOU GOTTA SEE IT!!!!! VERY FUNNY!!
Kid, 11 years old February 28, 2015

Great!

Great movie. Some disturbing scenes. The mans muscles are kind-a gross. Funny though. At the end Peyton almost dies which might scare younger kids. Funny, cute, heartwarming family movie.
Teen, 14 years old Written bypurplebaron December 13, 2012

Okay for families.

This is an OK film - something the whole family can watch. But isn't that great..... It may scare very young children near the ending when Madison's character has a health scare
Adult Written bybloodlist June 24, 2012

Great movie for the whole family to see

i think game plan was a really good movie.there is sad parts in the movie but if you this is sad you have to see Lifted.
Teen, 17 years old Written byabbacus June 6, 2012

Cute Family Movie.

It was good.
Kid, 10 years old December 30, 2011

Two Thumbs Up!

The Game Plan is a very nice movie. You would love it!
Kid, 12 years old October 9, 2011

Sweet, Funny, but Predictable

Funny movie, sweet and sends good messages of family and responsibility, if predictable. Not much that would offend parents of young kids, except for maybe some "football violence", like tackling. I'd say it's okay.
Kid, 12 years old September 19, 2011

THE game PLAN

such a good movie. love it and its one of my favourite movies. i dont see y everyone is saying the movie isnt good. its such a nice movie. highly recommend watching this film.
Teen, 13 years old Written bymegie596 August 4, 2011

amazing!

love this movie! i am watching it right now it is so good!
Kid, 11 years old February 22, 2011

Fine Movie

This is a Fine movie thats funny but not one of my favorite. Mostly just becuz i dont like football :)
Kid, 11 years old February 21, 2011

Very Good Movie

This was a really good movie. It was very funny. The Rock and Madison Pettis are a great team. In the beginning, the messages aren't so good, but in the end, the messages are positive. All in all, this is a great movie.
Teen, 14 years old Written byht3696 January 28, 2011

good moive

good movie
Kid, 11 years old December 21, 2010

This movie is great.(99 thumbs up!)

This movie is great!I love football so YEAH I love this movie.Some scenes just want to make me cry sometimes.
Kid, 10 years old September 25, 2010

i highly recommend this one

Lol soo funny,rated it iffy bc hes real rough with his daughter who's 8,and also in the special features of the dvd version snot is shown flying off his lip when hes tackled...very good movie. :D