All member reviews for The Godfather: Part II

Brilliant mob movie with graphic violence.

Teen, 14 years old Written byantoineisthebest April 14, 2011

not very violent just the language but a 8 year already know every swear

this movie is totally awesome almost better than the first
Teen, 17 years old Written byoctober1985 July 8, 2009

Not as violent as the first film, a bit more swearing, is about a half hour longer. Should be fine for ages 11 and up
Teen, 13 years old Written bylecritic March 26, 2009

Nearly as Good as Part 1!

Excellent piece of filmmaking. Has very graphic violence, but it is excellent all the same. anyone over 12 who wants to see should. This is the 2nd best movie ever. (beaten out only by the first)
Teen, 14 years old Written bycoolguyiscoolbro June 8, 2010

amazing mafia tale
Teen, 13 years old Written byGabriel13 April 19, 2014

Great movie! Violent scenes are relatively rare but the is some of them and they are pretty bloody.

Teen, 15 years old Written bythesturgmachine February 15, 2014

Like the first one, maybe even a bit more rude because of swearing

This movie in my opinion was nearly as good as the first but was still amazing. It is actually probably more rude than the first because more swearing and the violence is a bit more brutal. Not as much of the sexual stuff though. There weren't really many good messages like the first had, still, I would say the same age as the first.
Parent of a 12 year old Written bycrankylibrarian January 3, 2014

Family is a killer

And you think YOUR family puts on the pressure. Michael Corleone hardens into a ruthless, cold-eyed villain, while in flashback we see his youthful immigrant father take the first steps along that fateful path. The "contemporary" scenes sometimes drag, but the flashbacks to Italy, and immigrant New York in the '20s are brilliant. The final scene is one of the most heartbreaking and tragic moments ever filmed.
Teen, 13 years old Written byThedude57447434 August 24, 2013

What I think

This is one of the of not the best sequel of all time because of the story alone sequels are either to different or they repeat the same story but this movie got it right it is just wonderful this is a absolute must see
Teen, 14 years old Written byFILMCRITIC500 August 5, 2013

lives up to it's name as one the best sequels ever, despite blood and cursing

a masterful sequel to the equally excellent The Godfather, this second installment is milder a less violent than the original. but the stronger language and grisly images may be too intense for younger teens. the film has less violence, but more gory imagery. people are shot, stabbed, and choked to death. a man lies in a blood-splattered tub. blood spurts when people are shot. a man slaps his wife after a heated argument. this movie has stronger language, including one use of f**k and the N word. once again, people constantly smoke cigarettes.
Teen, 13 years old Written byrbrooksie12 April 11, 2013

rbrooksie "The Godfather Part II"

"The Godfather Part II" is every bit as good as the first one. Some people even consider it to be better than the first part. This movie tells the tale of a father and son who are in the mob at the same age. This film in my opinion is the tamest gangster film. It can be viewed by people 12 years of age. Rated R for violence
Adult Written bydarthsitkur August 11, 2012

this wasn't as good as the first

the godfather 2 was okay, but it wasn't as suspenseful and cool and intense as the first one
Teen, 13 years old Written byFilmFanJ June 8, 2012

The Godfather Part II Review

Teen, 17 years old Written bydavyborn June 3, 2012

Entertaining and well made sequel is also extremely long, and not as good

Francis Ford Coppola's 1974 sequel to his own huge 1972 critical and financial success, The Godfather Part 2, is often thought to be one of the those few sequels that actually manages to thoroughly surpass the film film, but, to me, in my humble and honest opinion, that is never going to be true. not ever. I just don't think that The Godfather Part 2 is even in the same league as the original film was. Now, I am not, at all, for even one minute, saying that The Godfather Part 2 is a bad movie. No, I am not. Absolutely not. It is a very good movie, and, to a certain extent,most certainly deserved all of the praise and Oscar attention that this film also got, but I am just merely pointing out that this film juts isn't as good as the first one. It just isn't. Now, my biggest problem with The Godfather Part 2, is that, despite the fact that the films plot is much denser and not nearly as well-populated with thrills and the same attention grabbing moments that the first one eagerly thrust towards the viewer, this film is still given a gargantuan running time of 202 minutes. I am well aware that the first film had a 177 minute running time, but the thing is, that The Godfather had enough plot and mind games between the family members, and enough twists and turns to keep things bristling with suspense and interest, and yet, The Godfather Part 2 suffers badly from a extremely bloated running time, and a much less well-written script. But, since I have just bashed it's few flaws, I am now going to praise it's many successes, and those are the following: The Godfather Part 2 is a film of staggering scope and vision, and to think that this film was actually only made in 1974, is just incredible. The over-arching plot lines that weave from modern day Corleone family trouble, which re continued from the first film as Michael (Al Pacino) struggles to keep his now stumbling empire afloat, and of course, back towards the other part of the movie, which takes place in the early 1920's, in New York City, where we see the rise of the young Don Vito Corleone (Now played by Robert De Niro, in an spectacular and Oscar-winning performance, that backs-up Marlon Brando's equally Oscar-winning performance of the same character, in the original film), which is easily the best part of the movie, where we see a grand re-creation of early New York City, complete with lush production designs and beautiful art and set direction work, making the film a visual feast for the eyes and that is at least one aspect of the film that never bogs down, even once, despite it's collosal running time. Now, like the original film, The Godfather Part 2 is also Rated R, and the content is pretty much as follows, so here we go: There is slightly less frequent violence in this film than there is in the first film, but, also like the first film, when violence does happen, it is always very brutal and bloody, and as such, there are many shootings, stabbings, garroting's and strangulation's, always with lot's of blood and matter spraying and splattering onto walls behind them, or onto other people around them. And, finally, there is slightly strong profanity, here, this time around, with 2 F-words, and other more frequent uses of sh-t, d-mn, a--h-le, g-dd-mn, a--, n-gg-r and more. So, even though The Godfather may not be nearly as good as the first one, contrary to popular belief, I still think that it is a very well-made, powerful and entertaining film, in and of itself, despite the massive running time. Reccomended.
Teen, 14 years old Written byNo Name, for real. March 4, 2012

Great mob film thats not for kids.

Theres alot more violence here than the first one, like shootings, stabings, or people being strangled.
Adult Written byTERRENCEJONES November 28, 2011

No consumerism?

This is an amazing film, but it is rife with the dangers of materialism. All of the killings are "justified" by business decisions, the optimization of profit, getting a bigger slice of the pie, etc. Really shows you how dangerous money can be.
Kid, 8 years old July 19, 2011

not for kids

scary movie
Adult Written by4Spice May 21, 2011

I loved it!

This is a excellent movie. Its worth watching.15 and over for violence and language. Al Pacino's performance was amazing.
Teen, 13 years old Written by4kidshater September 21, 2010

A very good sequel better than the first, but also very graphic not for kids

I like this film. It has very violent themes though. It has graphic violence,bad language, implied sex and ***** reference. not for kids. I highly reccomeded it
Teen, 13 years old Written bymichaelc April 29, 2010

Mature people

One of the best films of all time, it is violent but should be good for MATURE audiences above the age of 11
Parent of an infant year old Written byChristianKight January 18, 2009