Parent reviews for The Godfather: Part III

The third and final Godfather saga; not for kids.

Adult Written byschizoidnightmares May 23, 2020

Ridiculous, awkward, insipid, and unwatchable

Within the first hour of the film... The Godfather, THE Godfather... Michael Corleone Is accosting Vincent Corleone for NOT going to the police after an attempt is made on Vincent's life. I'm sorry, what!? The mafia's main business (i.e. crime) is running protection rackets... And this mafia family's godfather tells his family members to go to the police for help? Did Michael lose his balls at some point after Part II?

Michael is actually... Quite literally trying to make his family business "legitimate" and for some reason still has somewhat cordial contact with the woman who aborted his would be heir in Part II...

Each scene from the next is a variety of cringe, silly, boring, and mediocre... Mixed in with a nausea-inducing incestuous flirtation between Vincent and Mary Corleone... The latter of whom is the daughter of the film's director! I couldn't bare watch anymore of the film after the first hour... And especially knowing that I have two more to go...

It is hard to believe this was made by Francis Ford Coppola.

Adult Written byIMDB January 2, 2020

Adult Written byJoe J. March 9, 2017

No reason to be made, and drawn out. But a satisfying end to the saga.

Adult Written bydarthsitkur March 15, 2015

it was good but the first two are still the best

while I thought this was a good movie, it didn't quite have the intensity of the first two films, but as far as al pacino's performance goes, it never ceases to amaze :-)
Parent of a 13-year-old Written bycolten97 October 10, 2012

It really isn't that bad

Having heard the endless amount of critique and insults that the last part of the Godfather saga carries.. I have to disagree. Although people seem to love to hate Sophie Coppola and say she ruined the film, I think her part alone wasn't that frail it'd ruin the entire cinematic experience. Saying that is just humorous. Also, the absence of Tom Hagen played by Robert Duvall is really a loss and even I think this film would've been a lot better if there was him in it.. but he got too greedy and couldn't make it into the movie, and that's that. I'm not going to judge a movie by what it could have been, but what it is and how good it ends up being.

Despite some shortcomings, Godfather Part 3 is a decent ending to the trilogy. While it may have been an attempt to cash off the audience, they still have Coppola bring us his finest directing. I found Al Pacino's performance extremely satisfying and even terrifyingly so. He embodies the mistakes and losses of his life with excellent skill, showing us a don that has lost his health, the loved ones of his life and even the respect for himself. While I never found Diane Keaton's performances in the saga that good, she still fills the spot required, same goes for Talia Shire, whose role in the ending finale of the film really came as a surprise to me - which was a good thing. I didn't find her role in Part 2 too appealing but in this one she has more character, more importance. Sophie Coppola was OK, like I said a lot of people have complained about her acting skills and I gotta admit she was a little "stiff" or sorts in some scenes but it's not notable all the time and it didn't spoil any moods for me. Andy Carcia was just excellent, my favorite add to the saga cast, playing the son of his father with excellence.

So, umm.. this film is perfectly fine. The ending finale was tremendously well shot and very climatic, filled with a lot of excitement. I'm telling you this movie is a great ending to the saga even because of that one particular scene so just go see it, despite what a lot of people have said about, badmouthing it for faulty reasons.. it brought a tear into my eye. It did.

Parent of an infant-year-old Written byChristianKight January 18, 2009
Parent of a 5, 9, 11, and 14-year-old Written byJamesRobertson January 4, 2009
Adult Written byGTAplaya April 9, 2008
Adult Written bybigboss276 April 9, 2008

not too good

considering 1 and 2 are two of the best movies of all time, this one disapoints greatly, but should be ok for 13 year olds to watch
Adult Written bytrojan51 April 9, 2008