Kid reviews for The Good, the Bad and the Ugly

Potent Italian-Western shoot-'em up/war drama.

Teen, 14 years old Written byMovieKid387 August 8, 2015

The Best Western Movie of all Time

Very Violent movie shouldn't be rated R but still is violent. The language is bad at all just 10 b words, a couple a words and d words. You can see Tucos rear end for about 0.5 seconds seriously. Now the violence. It's pretty bad. A man is hit 3 times on a stone and tuco has blood all over his hand. Then he is ran over by a locomotive. A man is shot to death by 5 men with rifles. A kid is hanged. Intense gunfight at end. Woman is slapped like 10 times. Lots of shootouts. War violence. a soldier is bloodied up like crazy. Lots of people are shown dead with corpses on the ground during war. Bridge is blown. The bloodiest part in the movie is when Tuco is tortured. Blood is shown. He is punched and man puts fingers in his eyes. The part is supposed to be sad. There is more violence is the movie but mostly just gun fights. This movie will amuse 12 year olds but it's very long so better to watch at night...

Teen, 14 years old Written byAran Donnelly January 28, 2018

My Twelfth Favourite Movie of All Time

The Good, The Bad and The Ugly is the second greatest Western movie ever made and another essential movie by the great Sergio Leone. However, it has some graphic violence. It is mostly bloodless, but there are exceptions including a disturbing scene where Angel Eyes tortures Tuco. There are some bad words such as "bastard" and "whore" used. Even the titular "Good" Blondie is not particularly clean himself being willing to kill rival bounty hunters for money and only becomes the Good further towards the end.

Kid, 9 years old November 13, 2016

one of the best movies ever

This is my new favorite movie ever I love it. The only reason why younger kids wouldn't like it is because they will find it boring. A+.

Teen, 16 years old Written byjoebla April 7, 2015

Greatest western of all time

Yes this movie is rated r, yes it probably earned it's rating back in its day. But that was nearly 50 years ago. Compared to the pg 13 movies of today, this is a very mild movie. Yes there is a lot of shooting, yes there is some swearing and yes there is a lot of smoking and drinking. But there is almost no blood, and the swearing is nothing compared to most pg13 movies released today. If I were a parent I would let my kids see this before I'd let them see 70% of the pg 13 movies released today. Even Imdb says it should be pg 13, if you don't trust me, trust them. (Also it is an amazing movie worth seeing)

Teen, 15 years old Written bygranth July 25, 2014

GREAT MOVIE for its era!

Clint Eastwood classic. Long film for little audience and has several scenes of civil war action.
Kid, 11 years old May 9, 2019

An Amazing Foundation

While not the first western (which is often credited as Stagecoach) The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly provides an amazing foundation for what is to come in Western film. The run time is a bit long, and scenes can feel unmotivated at points, this film made the standoff good. Eastwood's performance is exactly what the character needs to be, and Eli Wallach's performance as Tuco is thrilling to watch: a man corrupted by greed, but he can't decide if wealth is more important than revenge. Angel Eyes is a believable villain albeit cliche. This movie is better suited watching after other more modern westerns to see their roots. If this is your first western though, it won't be as interesting. Thus the four stars.
Teen, 13 years old Written byA Strange American February 21, 2019

The Best Western

This movie is one of my favorites of all time. There is quite a bit of smoking, which was prevalent in the time, and there are a lot of gunfights, which are not very violent at all, compared to the movies nowadays.

Teen, 13 years old Written byCritiKid November 26, 2018

This is a great movie, but in my opinion, the first "Dollars" movie is still the best.

This movie probably has a lot more acclaim then the first two in the trilogy, and it is a very good film, but it isn't as good as the original. There isn't a lot of dialogue in this movie and most of the talking comes from Tuco. That was one thing I didn't like about this movie. Tuco is the only character that the movie seems to focus on. I would much rather have seen Clint Eastwood's character be the biggest character in the movie. Anyways, violence and language are probably the main concerns. There is a bit of blood but it is pretty fake. One of the things that I found a little startling about this movie and the other two in the trilogy is how painfully realistic some of the scenes with punching are. It isn't very graphic, but it can be a bit hard to watch at times. No one in this movie really says any bad words except Tuco. He does say a number of bad words throughout the movie. There is no inappropriate stuff in this movie. Overall, my opinion is that this movie is not as good as A Fistful of Dollars, but it is still a great film that I would definitely recommend for western fans.

Teen, 14 years old Written byBookNerd16 November 3, 2018

Definitely Watch this Movie!

Classic Western! You need to watch this movie. It's got great characters, lots of action, and an amazing soundtrack. Violence: A lot, but not graphic at all. Mostly shooting, but some more disturbing instances like smashing with a rock or hanging Language: A few uses of b**tard and SOB

Kid, 12 years old July 8, 2018

Really Good Movie

This is a really good movie during the it’s time. I love all the gunshots And duels. I Kate no idea why kids media putted 5 stars on violent. Do you guys see the movies of today. PG-13 movies these days are more violent than The Good The Bad and The Ugly. I like the tale and Clint Eastwood. The characters are cool. This isn’t a really bad movie for kids. This got me into western stuff. Even though it’s a spaghetti western. That’s all I gotta say. Overall this movie is a great movie.
Kid, 11 years old June 15, 2018

There are two kids of people in the world: those who like this movie, and those who love it.

This one of my all time favorite movies. Even though it’s three hours long, it’s never boring. It’s an action packed spaghetti western with amazing characters an and an amazing plot. It’s violent, but it doesn’t glorify violence. It’s also kind of funny in a way. It is one of my top three favorite westerns and one of my top ten favorite movies.

Teen, 16 years old Written byJollyRogers March 14, 2018
One of the greatest movies ever made, a true classic! It is a bit violent but nothing to much for mature teenagers

Teen, 13 years old Written byJJJJJJJJJO March 4, 2018

One of the great Westerns

The Good The Bad The Ugly is a very entertaining Western with Clint Eastwood that I have watched at least three times. Honestly this movie is just a really good time with a great score. Men drink and smoke throughout the movie, and many men are shot but not much blood is shown, Lee Van Cleef beats Toko half to death and there is lots of blood shown, in the movie there are many wounded soldiers covered with blood shown.

Teen, 17 years old Written byMovieMaster February 10, 2018

Probably the best western out there, ages 11 and up.

(See Content Guide below Review) Quality: The Good, The Bad and The Ugly is a staple in the western genre. It is very well directed and contains great cinematography along with good performances by the three titular characters. The plot is very engaging and we as the audience are drawn into the series of events and interactions between the main characters as it reaches a violent and suspenseful climax. Content Guide: Violence: The only concern parents should have about this film is violence. Much like in other westerns many characters are killed by guns. Civil war scenes are also shown, there is a little blood shown on wounded soldiers. There is also no real hero in the story as all the characters are anti-heroes this concept could confuse younger viewers. Drugs: Pretty much every character is a smoker, Clint Eastwood's character constantly has a cigar in his mouth.

Teen, 17 years old Written byjakesmithreviews January 21, 2018

Great movie - Should not be rated-R

This is a classic, iconic movie set in the wild west. This movie in my opinion should not be rated-R. If you're ok with gunshots and blood every once in a while, you should be able to watch this movie.

Teen, 17 years old Written byFlimFanE2 January 10, 2018

Classic western is one of the best movies out there.

Quality: Sergio Leone's final Clint Eastwood western is often considered his masterpiece (I think so too). The Good, The Bad and The Ugly contains great directing, cinematography and fascinating characters and performances by the lead cast. The plot is the story of three men who try to find a large sum of gold during the American Civil War, and I believe a great film to show to ages 12 and up (Reason in Content Guide Below). Content Guide Violence: Many characters are killed by guns throughout sometimes in duels and firefights but sometimes also in Civil War battle scenes. Swearing: Occasional PG level swearing. Drugs: No drugs but smoking is performed throughout and is a sign of manliness in the film.

Teen, 14 years old Written byRudimental14 December 14, 2017

Funny and violent

An amazing film!!!! In my opinion the best western ever made with an amazing soundtrack
Teen, 14 years old Written byIamarjunbharadhwaj July 16, 2017

The Good, the Bad and the Ugly, is a Classic That All Kids Must Watch at the Right Age

The Good the Bad and the Ugly is a classic movie that all kids should watch at the right age. Although kids might be bored with in very slow pace and the longer than normal run time, it is worth every second to watch. The director is a very talented one who really shows the facial expressions of the talented and well known cast in extreme detail. Of course, this is a western, so expect plenty of violence 4.5/5. Plenty of shootouts as expected, but surprisingly, there isn't too much blood. But there is more than the average PG-13 rating, which is why this movie is rated R. The goriest scenes include a man's head being smashed on a rock (Blood is shown), and then getting run over by a train (No blood shown but you can see the darkened body being ran over by the train). Also a graphic scene that shows the bloody graphic injuries of a man who got wounded in the civil war (Pretty Bloody). Partially bloody corpses are shown all over a civil war battle field. A lot of the Civil War takes place in this epic. Some brutal beetings. A man is graphically sunburned. Sexual content is a 3/5. It is implied and almost nothing is shown. There are many references to ones crimes that one character has committed including illegal prostitution (Not shown). Characters are called 'whores', and one female supporting character is called a 'whore'. A brief shot of a naked male bottom. Language is quite tame (2/5), but it might be strong for some. Son of a B---h, B---h, Bas----d, h-ll, d--n and of course the sexual and suggestive references. Drinking and Drugs is a 3.5/5. Eastwood and other characters constantly smoke cigarettes. If younger viewers are watching this movie, remind them that people back then did not know the consequences of smoking and constantly died. Now we all know the consequences of smoking. There is also some heavy drinking. One character is drunk. Not much consequence is shown after the aftermath of smoking and drinking. It is treated as a 'macho' thing for men to do then. There are no positive role models (0/5) or positive messages, except showing the bloody consequences of war. But all of the characters kill, smoke, drink, and rob. There really isn't no good, no bad, and no ugly. All of them are bad. The good is more cool and cruel. The bad is bad. The ugly isn't really that ugly but he is bad. Over all this is a classic that all kids should watch at the right age. For some kids, this could be viewed at as young an age as 12, but they should watch this classic before 14. I give, The Good The Bad and the Ugly 5/5 stars for excellent performance and its well presented classic western and I believe for some kids, they might have to wait to 14, but it is your kids, and you know their limitations to blood and gore, language and sexual references. You know what they can handle. If they are 11 and they are fine with all the stuff I described in this review, then they should go for it and watch this fine classic! My Rating: R-Western Intense Action, Some Bloody Images, Gunplay Material, Sexual References, Suggestive Content, Some Language, and Historical Drinking/Smoking

Teen, 17 years old Written byTeenFilmScholar May 18, 2017

Masterful Filmmaking and Not Much Else, But Who Cares?

The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly is the finale of one of the most famous and televised film trilogies of all time, the Man With No Name Trilogy. Unlike the last two films, the story here is much, much bigger and immersive, shoving the viewer into the intense conflict between the titular trio. Beautiful shots, fantastic and memorable music, and a stellar performance from Eastwood make this three hour long film bearable, and while there isn't too much to offend here, people under the age of 14 will probably become very bored due to the film's 'more talking, less shooting' nature. However, if they have not seen the first two films, they might not be interested at all. As with 'For a Few Dollars More' (my personal favorite of the trilogy), this film has almost no links to the previous installments. There are no loose ends from the other two films to be tied up, and aside from The Man With No Name, there are no characters that come back. Lee Van Cleef was in the last film, but he plays a completely different character in this film. Unlike Colonel Mortimer, a warm and inviting character who does some really cool fighting in the second film, he plays Angel Eyes, 'The Bad', a very menacing and extreme character that will either confuse you due to the fact that it is the same actor as Mortimer, or just make you feel sad because of how friendly his character was in the second film. Either way, Lee Van Cleef plays yet another fantastic role, adding a lot of tension to the already uneasy alliance between the Man With No Name and Tuco, 'The Ugly'. Overall, the film is pretty good, even though it is very long. Filled to the brim with great music, fantastic landscape shots contrasted with intense close-ups, and great performances. It's a bit violent, but definitely doesn't deserve an R rating.

Teen, 16 years old Written bydawnofmber August 13, 2016

A classic film that anyone and everyone should watch at some point

This is truly Sergio Leone's best film to date. A three hour epic that has betrayal, danger, greed, and all classic western tropes. The only reason this film has a R rating is because back in 1967 the only ratings were G, PG, R and X. in conclusion this is an excellent film that any film fan watch.