Influential coming-of-age sex comedy has mature themes.

Teen, 13 years old Written byFightClub September 4, 2010

git r done

Great film! watched it two hours ago! higly reccomend for movie fans
Teen, 14 years old Written bymiranda1993 April 9, 2008
Teen, 13 years old Written byBigGreenMovieMachine July 16, 2011

Great Film!

Great film, very entertaining, but by todays standards the film would receive a PG-13 instead of a PG.
Parent Written byprotectivemom111 November 11, 2012

Adults only-rated R

If you think your child should watch a movie that is completely about sexual exploits, a virgin college graduate being seduced by his mother's friend, having an ongoing affair with her at the local hotel repeatedly, then dating her daughter and running off with her, and if you are okay with your child watching a provocative scene in a strip bar with a woman in a g-string and wearing pasties and swinging them around in circles to striptease music with men gauking at her, then you will agree with Commonsense in their ridiculous assertion that this is a movie suitable for your child. This striptease lasts about 2 minutes and the dancer is swinging her breasts in circles above the back of the head of the boy's girlfriend and the girl is embarrassed and crying. This scene is a very long in-your-face-no-holds-barred scene leaving nothing at all to the imagination. This movie is degrading to women and is not suitable for children at all. The whole story surrounds a young man's sexual experiences beginning with his affair. She tricks the boy and seduces him in her home. She takes her clothes off, surprising him. You don't see nudity at this point but you see parts of her skin and the flash of a picture of her naked breast and then a quick flash of some other body part (I could not determine what it was). At other times you see this mother undressing, and in her bra (front). All of the above are the only naked scenes other than a few more of the boy in bed with the girl's mother where they have clearly just had sex in the hotel and you see the mother's bare shoulders and back. Do not watch this movie. It's not even a good movie and I have no idea how it got this rating and it should clearly be rated R.
Teen, 15 years old Written bymongofa June 9, 2010

Good for teens

Great movie. Dustin Hoffman gives an amzing perfomrmance, but it shoud be rated higher than PG.
Adult Written byyuri13 October 13, 2014
Not so bad content,but partial nudity(played for laughs)
Adult Written byQmorgan408 January 22, 2016

Ackward Movie

The movie was pretty good but it kinda had alot of weird weird parts that i wouldnt recommend to kids, but other than that i think most of the movie consists of music really catchy ackward music that just goes with the scene like with his moods? The music just goes with his mood & other than theres not alot of dialogue in it.
Adult Written bymichaelmcgcp. December 15, 2015

Not as sexy as you think

Of course the film revolves around sex but very little of it is shown, in fact most sexual scenes are shown after the fact with the two characters sitting on the bed and chatting. A very fun movie
Educator and Parent of a 2 and 5 year old Written byILoveMyWife June 25, 2015

Lol

It's actually a great movie; we all enjoyed it! Suggested MPAA rating: PG for some sexual kissing and brief language.
Teen, 14 years old Written byMaWalker66 July 3, 2014

Awful, Boring, Crap.

It's rated PG. I think that's pretty self-explanatory.
Teen, 17 years old Written by_Brii_annna_xb January 28, 2016

A good movie to watch

In this movie you'll find many confusions, mix signals, and also many symbolism used that you have to watch out for. The movie begins as Ben as a newly graduated student from college, but doesn't seem so happy for a party his parents hosted. There's many situations that Ben is involved in which people make his decisions for him than himself. The movie is pretty insteresting if you watch it from beginning to end, but needs maybe some better acting. I like the love story line and the twist in the movie where Ben starts to express his self to make himself happy. He gets out of his shell as the story goes on and begins to do what he wants for his life, which is pretty good to watch him evolve throughout the movie. It's a pretty great movie to watch and I recommend to see it.
Teen, 17 years old Written byKaylaat34 January 25, 2016

The Awkward Graduate

In the beginning, Ben didn't know what to do with his life after graduation. He had just finished college and now that he's done, he has no idea what to do or what he wants to do. Throughout the past months, he ends up having an affair with Mrs. Robinson whom was his neighbor before he went to college. And after all the affairs, Ben finally met someone who made him feel like he knew what he wanted to do in life, yet a certain person disagrees with it. This film is filled with confused and awkward parts yet, you still get to understand it. Although, there are some parts that are sexual I recommend that you watch it.
Teen, 17 years old Written byAbbysmiley January 25, 2016
The mood to each situation was every consistent, like when he struggles to think about life, or when he starts an affair with Mrs.Robinson, and everything in between. At the welcoming party lots of people crowded making him frustrated, and when his in the pool by himself he seems at ease and relaxed. All through this he still hasn't made his mind on what to do with his life.
Adult Written byStudmuffinbenny January 24, 2016
I will give the graduate a 3 out of 5 stars only for the great film aspects that they incorporated. The sexual aspects of the movie did not appeal to me in any way, and made me give the movie a 3/5 stars. I understand that there is an important aspect that the scenes had to have, because this shows the real life part of it more. I do understand that the affair was what the movie was based on, so I shouldn't be too harsh on the stars; but I did not like the plot. The camera angles were very well incorporated, and the sound affects and music fit in perfectly with the awkward tone. Foreshadow and symbols were also put into the scenes very well with camera angles; like when Benjamin is in the pool being pushed down when he tries to get out. The character development was on point, but I did not find any relations to the characters themselves. All in all the movie was watchable and I did learn some of the film aspects, but I did not like the plot, so it was not too appealing.
Adult Written byPastalover January 23, 2016
Ben in the movie was weirdly awkward but he starts to change over time. He was so worried about his future when all he needed was a plan he was weathly enough to make it happen, instead he has an affair with Mrs. Robins and falls in love with her daughter. There were awkward parts but overall its a good movie also theres a lot of symbolism throughout the whole movie. Pluus, the song gets stuck in your head!
Adult Written byKaaatie January 23, 2016

Whats Next?

Fresh out of collage, Ben comes home to the big question of "what are you going to do now?" and as awkward as he is at the start of the movie a big affair alters his personality. I think this movie was decent, and understandable, but pretty awkward, somewhat funny, and has many symbols through out the film. Plus the song that keeps playing will get stuck in your head, I warn you!
Adult Written byRJames18 January 22, 2016

Weird and Awkward

The graduate was weird and awkward that the main character is like a shy person of not doing anything at all, but when he was forced to take a young lady home (Ms. Robinson) and she was telling the the character (Benjamin) to stay with her till her husband comes back, and things begin to get awkward.
Teen, 17 years old Written byhammittjenn January 22, 2016

That's awkward

The movie was a bet awkward, I mean come on, Ben! Ben is a 21 years old graduate from law school and also he was a track star. So technically, he had free ride scholarship to school. After he comes back from school, his parents sets out a party for him but when they do, Ben is really worried about his future because he doesn't even know what to do about it since that he graduated. His father wanted him go back to a graduate school and be achieved more. However, Ben feels like he wanted to have a break from it. But till he started having an affair with his parents friend, Mrs. Robinson. She is a cougar that is after Ben, which I think she just wants him because he so successful now. But til then I didn't finish certain parts of the movie but at the end they run away so confusing. Do they actually love each other?
Adult Written byCheescake.eater2016 January 22, 2016

The review "The Graduate"

The graduate is the best movie I have watched. I liked the sound of the movie. Everything from the beginning to the end of the movie. The movie is the top charted movie. The scenes were great quality and the actors were acting at their best.
Teen, 17 years old Written byAshleyLamo13 January 22, 2016

Graduating Unhappy

In The Graduate, I honestly think that it is a very weird movie. Ben was almost always silently awkward throughout the entire film. As for his love interest, Elaine, she reminded me of a Disney princess. She seemed to have fallen for Ben overnight and over the course of a day! I do like how the shadows were casts on walls and such throughout the movie and how they seemed to have emphasized a lot more points in the film by how loud the characters voices got. Sound was a very good quality in this video, considering when this movie was made. The silence from the main characters towards one another does say a lot about how indefinite their plans are and how unplanned and insane they were both being. Overall, this film was good to watch.