All teen and kid member reviews for The Grudge

Teen, 14 years old Written byIronZombie75 August 26, 2009

for tweens and up

Very good horror movie however this may be one of THE SCARIEST movies in history so think before leting your 9 year olds watch it. very disturbing images and theme.
Teen, 13 years old Written byiluvtheexorcist33 November 23, 2011

it was fine :\

SPOILERS!!! very confusing, i didnt know what was goin on half the time. there were some scenes that made me jump,but i jump in almost any movie (narnia,happy feet lol). A suggestion 4 a good horror movie is the exorcist or the shining ( they're my favs).But there wasn't really anything wrong with this movie other than alot of the scenes the scary girl looked fake, to me anyway and that it was confusing, i didn't understand the story very much other than this girl had a crush on this guy and then her husband killed her and whenever any1 goes in the house they die, kinda like the ring i think.
Teen, 16 years old Written byScooby79 April 23, 2013

It is a creepy, scary ghost movie

I watched this when I was 11 and I was terrified! The girl is very unsettling and so is the boy. The sounds she makes are disturbing! This movie is very creepy. There is a scene where you see a girl without a lower jaw. It's not bloody, but it is gross looking. My advice now your kid because depending on what kid you have this could either be another horror movie or your kids three day long nightmare.
Kid, 12 years old June 16, 2011

The Grudge

I saw this movie when I was 11 and personally, if your child is at a sleepover, you know that usually that there's a scary movie. I saw this at a sleepover with my friends and I do have to admit it is a great scare, it's probably one of the scariest films of all-time. It's extremley fun to watch this movie with friends, as a lot of horror films. I think that if you have a mature 12 year-old it's okay to let them see it. If they're 13 then, its pretty okay. If they're 14 they can definitley watch it. This movie is unlike a lot of scary movie NOW, which usually have extreme sexual content, language, and gore. This movie has minimal sexual content. Doesn't have a lot of language, it's appropraite for a soft PG-13. The gore is not that gory this movie leaves a lot to the imagination about how people die. I think that if you're child wants to see it and you know that they'll be able to handle it, you should let them see it. Great film.
Kid, 12 years old September 17, 2010

Noooo...

This movie was scary so if you're just watching it to be scared you should watch it. If you're going to watch it to be scared AND see a good film that's fast-paced, well acted and has a good script don't even bother. It was scary but it was also very boring and just dumb. I just bought Ju-On, the original, so we'll see how that goes.
Kid, 9 years old July 18, 2014

oh my god

Terrible. The jumpscares are stupid and the grudge monster is so bad that miley cyrus is scarier. And the movie itself was so boring and un-scary it almost made me cry.
Teen, 13 years old Written byFaz April 28, 2014

The Grudge

Throughout this whole film series, the plot has too much going on and often causes confusion with characters.
Teen, 13 years old Written bycgrace304 March 23, 2014

It was confusing.

This movie is scary at some parts but I watched it when I was 11 and I was fine. If you are easily scared I suggest 13 and up but if not then 11-12 and up should be fine. The movie was really confusing and didn't make much sense at all. It basically had no plot just a bunch of scary elements jumbled together. If you are looking for an excited movie dont watch this because a great idea was poorly executed and this movie is a waste of time.
Kid, 11 years old January 19, 2014

Creepy, but not gory.

At first I was scared of this movie because it was my first horror film, and I had no idea what to expect. If you can't handle jump out surprises then don't watch this because it has jump scares quite frequently. In the first scene a man is standing at his balcony and then jumps off, when his body falls to the ground and some blood is spattered on the road. If you're ten or under, you might not be able to handle that. The movie also has a lot of talking more than scary scenes, which makes it quite boring at times. You have to really pay attention to know the story and what is happening. Sometimes it can be confusing. If you're scared by movies with ghosts and haunted houses, this isn't for you. There isn't much blood, though. No stabbings or anything like that.
Kid, 11 years old January 18, 2014

ok but could be better

just ok. pretty scary though. good for teens. if you want to watch something like this though i prefer you'd watch the ring.
Teen, 16 years old Written byOfficial Critic August 10, 2013

The Grudge Review

Less scary than creepy, The Grudge may have lost some oomph in the translation from Japanese to English, and the desire for a PG-13 rating probably muted the violence and perhaps the scares.
Teen, 13 years old Written byLOLpandabear March 15, 2013

The Grudge

Im 13 and I've seen this movie many of times at first when my friends told me about it I thought it would be the scariest thing in the world but then when I actually saw it I was fine.
Teen, 17 years old Written byyobro November 16, 2012

not yet watched

i havent watched yet. i am not scared of poltergiest jaws or that. i saw insidious it wa kinda creepy.
Teen, 15 years old Written byhorrorfan333 March 10, 2012

Great thriller, but not for the faint of heart

Generic angry ghost movie, but I would not recommend it to anyone who is easily impressionable and easily has nightmares. There are lots of themes that may be intense for younger children or even teens; such as suicide, hangings, murder, and mutilation. Lots of gory and grisly images of ghosts and their victims. Like a ghost ripping a girl's jaw out and a women accidentally setting her boyfriend on fire. Very intense soundtrack. But if you're a horror fan like me, you'll probably enjoy it.
Kid, 12 years old February 27, 2012

Disturbing and Creepy, yet Awesome!

I thought The Grudge was actually a really good movie. In some scenes, the violence was disturbing, but it's a good movie for kids who are 13 and older. The scene that freaked me out the most was when Kayako was crawling down the steps, but I got over it, knowing it's just a movie. The creepiest character in The Grudge is Kayako (I still thought The Ring was a little bit more scarier). Not that it scared me much, but I do suggest watching it during daytime.
Teen, 13 years old Written bymrgeckoking February 27, 2012

Scary as heck but good movie!

When I first saw this It scared me half to death. But i really liked it. this movie is more fo teens, and it scares you by how the demons look more than startling you.
Kid, 10 years old July 23, 2011

ScArY

10 and up. 10 and under should NOT watch it.
Teen, 14 years old Written byGingerKiss8 May 27, 2011

Can't be bothered thinking of a relevant title

Absolutely lame horror! I am a big scary movie fan and I have seen alot of movies but this is not a very scary one! Apart from one very gruesome moment with a ripped of jaw (but the build up is obvious - close your eyes!) I think it's fine for 12 year olds that have been newly exposed or fresh to horror!
Teen, 15 years old Written byadtr_forever April 30, 2011

Cool(:

I thought it was cool. I know that's not saying much, but that's really all I have to say. It's been a while since I've seen it. It wasn't scary to me, but I went on and watched the 2nd movie. I watched the 3rd, and I'm ready for the 4th.
Teen, 15 years old Written byTheSuperman765 April 17, 2011

PrEtTy ScArY

What to watch out for * Violence: Frequent intense peril and violence, suicide, characters killed, many grisly and disgusting images. * Sex: Non-explicit sexual situation. * Language: Brief strong language. * Consumerism: Not an issue. * Drinking, drugs, & smoking: Characters smoke.