All member reviews for The Hangover

Funny, yes, but chock-full of alcohol-fueled adult content.

Teen, 17 years old Written bytbrandt23 June 26, 2009

Perfect for anyone 17 and up that wants to see the #1 comedy of all time.

Loved it, best movie ever. Lots of expliot material (makes it awesome and the funniest movie ever). NOT FOR ANYONE UNDER 17!!!
Teen, 13 years old Written byCheerleaderBabe April 23, 2011

The Real Review

It was a very good movie. Lots of swearing, but kids hear that at school.. The sexual content is bad, and involves nudity and plenty of talk about sex. If you are 12+, have non-sheltering parents, and love funny movies.. This is for you!
Teen, 15 years old Written bykatiemay017 March 29, 2010

Best Movie EVER! 15+

this is my favorite movie EVER. it is hillarious and a musst see. there is MUCH swearing and referances to sexual things but otherwise an amazing;y funny film. SEE IT!
Written byAnonymous February 27, 2011

Great movie fore 13+

Such a funny movie if you are 13+ language is bad almost as every other word is the F word also things like d****bag and more. the sexual behavior is very much things as Stu married a stripper and someone humps a tigers head and the nudity in the movie is not bad one seen a girl breast feeds a baby on screen ( bare breast is shown for a split second) but nothing els until the end credits then there are a lot of nudity male and female. as for the drug use they get druged so they are in a massive Hangover.
Teen, 16 years old Written byxcinemaxfan December 29, 2009

Funny movie, but for mature teens and adults only.

I love this movie and thought it was the funniest comedy of the year. That being said I think parents should take caution in deciding if it's ok for their children. I think any mature 13 or 14 year- old would be ok, but not anyone younger.
Adult Written byELA July 13, 2009

Funny, yes. Sidesplitting, even. But appropriate for anyone other than an adult who knows better?? Um, no. Sad that folks believe these rated x scenes are ok for teens to see. .
Kid, 2 years old September 24, 2011

I saw this with my mommy and daddy

I loved it and thought it was really funny
Adult Written byDylnCox February 16, 2011

A Movie Everyone Can Relate To... Or... Not?

This movie wasn't made to send a message. It's a comedy which is why it's lead roles are who they are. This movie was some of their breakout movies and landed them different jobs. For me, great movie. If you have children, I assume you'll make the correct decision when watching it.
Adult Written byLmmatts April 9, 2010

Disgusting

Sad that this kind of movie is considered entertainment. And teens and preteens watch with or without their parents knowledge. It was not funny by a stretch of the imagination. It was crude, disgusting and pointless.. Sad. So sad.....
Parent Written byPlague December 18, 2009

The Hangover

Absolutly, without a doubt, the funniest comedy of 2009.
Adult Written byBettie Free September 28, 2009

Needs to get zero stars

How can anyone with common sense or TASTE call this film "hilarious"? It may be the worst movie I have seen in 40 years! My partner hated it,too. We didn't hear any more than a couple of weak chuckles from the rest of the audience. Zero stars - A waste of time for anyone with a brain.
Parent of a 3, 5, and 7 year old Written bydanielpape June 10, 2009

Your soul will die if you subject yourself to this movie.

Your soul will die if you subject yourself to this movie. Seriously there is no excuse for this movie.
Teen, 16 years old Written byj-dog123 June 11, 2015

Awesome Movie!

The Hangover is a extremely funny movie! I watched it when I was 14, and thought it was a little inappropriate, but I watched it again when I was 15, and thought it was fine. The only part that is really bad is the ending credits, but you could just stop the movie before them, since they aren't important to the story. Some people might think the language is bad but I hear worse within the first 5 minutes that I walk into school. Overall, this is a great and hilarious movie!
Teen, 15 years old Written bydkasal000 June 9, 2015

Adult Written bythefade210 December 13, 2014

Teen, 14 years old Written byJimmy brew November 30, 2014

Hilarious but drug filled and not for kids

My rating:R for comic violence,pervasive language,crude sexual content,graphic nudity and drug use throughout
Teen, 13 years old Written byjohnstewart August 19, 2014

the only nudity are breasts and some man buttocks (one genital is covered by pubic hair)

Also 100 f-words, but i hear like 50+ of them everyday at school so i'm used to them. not too much violence but some
Kid, 10 years old August 6, 2014

The Hangover Review.

This movie is very comical yet inappropriate but I think kids should be learning about this type of stuff it will help them grow up because if it actually happens to them for example being offered drugs they wouldn't know what to do it is simple logic. Here are some of the bad things that happen in the movie a naked man jumps out the trunk of a car then beats the main characters up, you see a picture of a man snorting cocaine, you figure out that one of the characters put some the other characters on roofies, you see a tiger eat a drug laced steak and there are many sweir words, drug use, and sexual terms throughout the movie. There are also a little good parts. but like I said I think kids like me should be learning about this stuff not shielding it out. So like I said in another review next time if your kid asks to watch a movie like this let them try it out.
Teen, 14 years old Written byeazy__breezy August 4, 2014

Not for kids at all

This review is for the unrated version, not the rated version The Hangover is not for kids. It contains tons of language (lots of f-words, sometimes they are used in a sexual way). The violence isn't too bad, but it does contain some, a man is tazered in the balls, another man is tazered in the head. The three guys are beaten up with a crowbar, and in another scene one is punched in the face and later, clawed by a tiger. A man is shot too, he doesn't appear to die. The sexual stuff is pretty bad, a woman is seen breastfeeding a baby, her nipple is briefly seen. The same baby is made to pretend masturbate. A man is seen fully nude, his penis is blocked by his pubic hair and is not seen, a man is seen without any pants on, supposedly naked, and in another scne is seen with thong like underpants on, he hugs another man. A drunk man is seen pretending to hump a tiger, a makeout scene and some sexual talk. The worst is in the credits, we a picture of a topless woman on a man, several woman in suggestive clothing and some sexual positions, a man is seen getting a blow job but his penis is barely seen, remember this is all in pictures not video. The achohal is high in this movie, but hey what do you expect from a movie called The Hangover. Overall this isn't a kids movie. Don't let your kids watch it.
Teen, 15 years old Written byLauraJ2012 July 14, 2014

Really funny film

Great film but feature lots of sex and drinking references which ok for the age group. They cost of the hotel might give extreme ideas.