All parent member reviews for The Hangover

Adult Written bySkramey08 January 9, 2010
Wow, I can't believe that so many people are saying that this was a funny movie...must be all 19 year old frat boys, because that's the only age group that I can imagine finding this funny. Totally stupid, and just down right vulgar at times. A movie can be funny without having to be so extreme. What a complete waste of my time!
Parent of a 12 year old Written bycolsnona January 5, 2010
I let my grandson (almost 13) see it - He begged. I had seen it first at the theater and thought it was funny, gross, college boy humor at it's finest. IMO there was very little nudity, none gratuitous. It showed how stupid it was to drink and the bad things that can happen to you. The taser scene was a riot. Fat Jesus stole the movie with his one-liners.
Parent of a 13, 15, and 16 year old Written bydemondonkey25 November 30, 2009

Amazing

so funny 10 and up
Adult Written bypeppermintqueen November 22, 2009

For older teens

There's a lot of salty language, and it's very raunchy, but high school students will have heard it all before. It's a funny film that older teen boys will enjoy. True, the (adult) characters are not good role models, but it's so absurd, teens aren't likely to be too influenced.
Parent of a 17 year old Written bykmichael97 November 17, 2009

hilarious

I'm only 12 and i think this movie is the funniest movie in the world!!!!!! it's not that bad only for very strong language and alcohol. well and i guess in the credits there's nudity. its not a severely bad movie, i just don't think that 12 year olds and under should watch this. especially if you don't understand the jokes because you don't want to be going around saying stuff that might be very offensive.
Adult Written byTex August 2, 2009
Very, very funny movie for ADULTS... Yes there is nudity (including frontal nudity). The movie contains bad language, lots of drinking, drugs, violence (hand to hand fighting), and many inappropriate moments. But, for adults, the movie is hilarious.
Adult Written byasatz3 July 29, 2009
Adult Written byNando July 27, 2009

Walked out

Three parties walked out of this movie. My husband and I stuck it out but felt we were watching a very low-budget - play it to a dumb or dumber audience.
Parent of an infant, 6, and 9 year old Written bycyelea July 23, 2009
Adult Written bymworker July 18, 2009

Crude doesn't equal funny

why would you want a teen to see this ... what is to be gained. Unfortunate how low our standards have gone.
Adult Written bytvgirl July 15, 2009

The Funniest Movie of 2009

This movie is a new modern classic comedy! It is for older teens and adults though. Things to look out for: There is some comic violence, the worst being a photo of a character ripping out his own tooth. This is very bloody and actually real because the actor has admitted to doing this on set. Sex, there is some strong sexual dialogue sprinkled throughout the movie with comic rear nudity. Twice in the movie we see a character's penis (the first time is very brief and non-sexual and the second time is when he recieves oral sex on screen from an older woman). Also, in a hilarious scene, the main characters are jumped by a fully naked Asian man. A woman exposes her breast to breastfeed a baby. The end credits contain numerous photos of the characters performing sex acts including a graphic on screen oral sex in which an errected penis is shown. Language, horrendous. Throughout the movie characters say the "F" word as well as various strong and mild cuss words. Sexual dialogue is spoken in graphic terms. It is referenced more than once that a man's long-term girlfriend cheated on him. Product placement comes in with the entire movie taking place in Los Angles. Drug content is characters drink excessively and they are roofied. The positives are that the friends stick together throughout the movie. The overrall theme is friendship and brotherhood. All said and done, this is a laugh riot. 5/5 stars. Ages 16+ only. Enjoy.
Adult Written bytexskiss July 9, 2009

Funny for adults ONLY!!!

This movie is STRICTLY for adults! I was shocked by the graphic nature of some of the scenes and observed one man get up and leave the theater during one very offensive scene. There are photos at the end of the movie that woudl garner an X-rating...I was shocked they were allowed in an R! I felt like a needed a cleansing from all the filth in this movie after I left. Funny for adults ONLY!!!
Adult Written byKevinBeezy July 3, 2009

Great

Great movie. Funny as hell. Brings back some good memories. I just hope my hangovers don't end up like theirs.
Adult Written byAdam Razak June 23, 2009
There is absolutely nothing any kid should imitate in this film, but for adults, the film is a hilarious, dirty romp. One of the best comedies of the year.
Parent of a 7 year old Written byMaxmum June 23, 2009

Rated "14-A" in Canada - we're wild, Eh!?

This movie was very funny, but it was mostly audacious humor that is not suitable for any impressionable age. Teens would love it, but don't necessarily have the compass/wisdom to be able to filter 'fictitious escapades' from 'cool for me to emmulate' hijinx. Adults are allowed to guffaw, because we can dismiss it! See me review it with my 65-yr-old Rhodes Scholar dad (we saw it together for Father's Day!) at youtube.com/gabndad
Parent of a 9, 10, and 18+ year old Written bymindy223 June 23, 2009

An R rating for a reason. Children under eighteen should not be permitted to see.

I thought this movies was very funny, and great for adults ONLY. There was a large amount of nudity, drinking, and plenty of references toward sex. Definitely not an appropriate movie for children under 18.
Adult Written bykeanve June 20, 2009
Educator and Parent of a 13 year old Written bysavitar June 19, 2009

take the family

this game has a perfect message that the website did fully understand and that is that even though after everything things end up all right they have almost every torture known to man happen to them
Adult Written byyetijones June 19, 2009

The Hangover---Comedy FTW

"The Hangover" (2009) is directed by Todd Phillips, and co-written by Jon Lucas and Scott Moore. It is a absolutely hilarious tale of the misadventures of four men who, in effort to give their friend one of the best bachelor's parties a man can have, end up making a few detours along the way. It leads them through a day of trying to remember all the details of the previous night, this broken memory being where the movie derives most its humor from. The movie is rated R for pervasive language, sexual content including nudity, and some drug material, though the language is not quite so bad as some would believe; yes, there is constant swearing throughout, but given the mens' situations, I think we can all give them a little lee-way (especially at one point where their memory--or what's left of it---is a matter of life and death). The sexual content is very mild throughout the actual film (an innuendo with a tiger and an exposed breast in one scene, basically mild stuff); however, the credits and their photo reel depict some less appropriate material. And the drug material? It's a movie, get over it. Learn the difference between the real world and the cinematic world. If you want to see an absolutely hilarious film, with a very good moral mind you, then you will delight as you watch "The Hangover"; I say this film is good for viewers thirteen and up (just don't bring any very young children).
Adult Written bywallyk2334 June 17, 2009

great for men over 17, women and children should stay away!

one of the funniest movies I have seen in a long time, but definitely not for anyone under 17!