All member reviews for The Heart of Christmas

Intense faith-based tearjerker based on a true story.

(1 review)

Parent Written byelsa_kass December 29, 2013

An honest review from a skeptic

Definitely not your typical Hallmark/abc family christmas movie, but nonetheless fills your heart and soul with warmth and relief. As mentioned by the author of this page, The Heart of Christmas might be a little too intense for younger children as the subject per se is very tragic. I admit that even I wanted to skip this movie, thinking the subject was too sad for a Christmas movie. "Let's watch feel-good kind of movie today," I thought. I'm so glad I didn't listen to myself and sat through this heavy-hearted yet incredibly (times infinity) beautiful. The theme of Christianity is indeed very present (some might say it was overly displayed) but it didn't personally bother me, although I understand how it could. Maybe it's because I'm also a Christian. But I think it's more so because you just realize that in these times, when science, tangible and reliable methods and information, isn't on your side, and giving up is just not an option, you need a miracle. The subject of religion but however not be for everybody, which is also 100% understandble. If you're one of these people, just letting you know there are some scenes with prayers that aren't made so subtle. So before you fall asleep reading this oh-so-cheesy review (if you even made it all the way here), I strongly recommend this movie. Smiles and feels guarenteed - it's just a winner.