All member reviews for The Heat

Female buddy-cop comedy mixes humor, violence, drinking.

Parent Written bymoviemaniac2 June 29, 2013

Disappointment rules

SO disappointed by Sandra Bullock and disgusted by Melisssa McCarthy.. the incredibly FOUL and RANK vulgar language overshadowed the entire movie..the story line was very typical -find the main drug dealing honcho..,, EVERY time McCarthy opened her mouth it was the F word and worse. I have no respect for her and will NEVER watch anything she appears in. Sandra--you disappoint me and my friends who saw the movie--I didn't know you were so desperate for a movie role that you would lower yourself to do such trash....maybe the public persona is just that--a persona. Will be much more careful in the future to really check out any movie you are starring in....just saying..
Teen, 16 years old Written bySean Broucek June 27, 2013

Funny, But Mature.

Parents, this raunchy and somewhat brilliant drugged-up action comedy from the acclaimed director of "Bridesmaids" is probably on your teen's radar, but the violence and drugs and language and sex makes it better for only mature teens and adults. There is bloody but comical combat, waterboarding, interrogation, stabbing, destruction of property, snapped necks, and knife ambushes. Sex includes brief graphic nudity (female genitals and breasts), seduction, many inappropriate sexual references throughout, and flashes of comedic sexual assault. Language includes f--k, s--t, d--k, c--t, a--hole, b-tch, c--k, c--ksucker, wh-re, d-mn and the "N" word towards African-American criminals. Pot use is also frequent. In the end, this mature and funny comedy is best left for old teens and adults. Rated R For Brief Graphic Nudity, Some Strong Sexuality, Pervasive Language, Violent Material & Drugs.
Kid, 10 years old June 29, 2013

WOW!

SWEARING, DRINKING, SEX AND VIOLENCE ALL ARE IN THIS FILM. BUT IT WAS REALLY GOOD!
Teen, 16 years old Written byAliphulupus June 28, 2013

Funny comedy has gore, swearing and violence

This movie is a comedy about two cops who have to join together to catch one main bad guy. One swears ALOT while the other one is kinda against swearing until the end(Says what the F) There is lots of violence and gore at some scenes, people get shot in the head(Blood splatters) and people get stabbed in the leg, headbutt in the head and in one scene the cop cuts open a guys throat to remove some food he was choking on(very disturbing) they stick a straw into the hole and blood comes flying out. Some pictures of dismembered bodies. There is some sexual references through the movie There is drugs and drinking. But of course they go after the drug people. I really enjoyed the movie I would say this movie is good for teens 16+ The main things are violence, swearing.
Parent of a 13 year old Written bydramaqueen@hotm... July 3, 2013

great not for the kids though!

Great movie! but not for kids. lots of foul language . movie would be good for say a 13 year old.
Teen, 13 years old Written bymattp July 1, 2013

Hilarious movie, however viewer discretion is advised.

Well, to start off, I thought it was pretty good. It was certainly raunchy, but it was still good. It was nowhere near the likes of movies that claim they are "fun and raunchy" comedies like The Hangover, however (or at least to my knowledge. I've never watched The Hangover due to the fact of just how idiotic it looks). Language is probably the worst part. McCarthy's lines are chock full of language, to the point where she can barely finish a sentence without using the word f**k, or a variation of it. In terms of sexual content, there was nothing besides strong references, and one scene in which Sandra Bullock tries to be... sexy, I suppose... to get to something a bad guy has (which she happens to be very bad at, to a hilarious degree). Also, while a character is watching T.V., a show called The Doctors is on and they are showing a procedure that involves the private regions of a female (the procedure is shown for a split second, but only on a computer generated body that does not look realistic). Also, in terms of violence, I'll try not to spoil too much, but in one scene a man is choking and Bullock attempts to cut his throat open to put a straw in it so that he can get oxygen, which isn't very succesful, resulting in blood spilling everywhere. Quite cringe-inducing. Also, a knife is stuck into someone's thigh, a man is shot at close range and you can see the blood splatter on the wall, not to mention grisly dismemberment pictures in a police case as well as other things involving dismemberment and shooting. It should be noted, however, that the majority of this violence is for comedic effect, as is everything else. Also, drugs are a key part of the main case in the movies and they are found in a minor case earlier on. So, overall, pretty inappropriate movie, but it does sound worse than it actually is. P.S. Also, there are prostitutes in the movie, but nothing ever actually happens, they are just shown talking to a man in a car (who is busted by McCarthy) and it is hinted that a suspect is a prostitute in the main case in the movie.
Adult Written bySlydog July 8, 2013

Vintage Mccarthy

This movie was a very funny movie that made me laugh a lot. However, there is a ton of swearing. It is very profane and my parents let me see movies with only swearing because I don't use that language. There are a couple references to Mccarthy sleeping with men and saying whether she "liked" it or not. But, the sex is on the down low. The plot revolves around a drug lord but not people using drugs. It does show big bags of marijuana though. Women also get very drunk and do some crazy things while drunk, but it only talks about it, doesn't show it. The violence is very comedic but is definitely present. But all in all a very funny movie that kept me laughing the whole time.
Teen, 17 years old Written byBestPicture1996 June 30, 2013

Packed with laughs, most deliver!

The movie was surprisingly vulgar, with just about anything McCarthy saying being profane, but boy did she carry the film on her shoulders. Together her and Bullock make a great team, especially in the latter half when Bullock loosens up, and their drunk sequences provide a ton of laughs. But "The Heat" is fairly predictable, and could have used better writing story-wise.
Teen, 16 years old Written byNizar G August 26, 2013

A MUST!!!!

So it was a normal boring sunday until we decided to go to the movies because there is this new movie called "THE HEAT" and after all the trouble of not having an ID because im too lazy to make one we finally made it in. And from beginning to end this was one of the most brilliant movies ever made. its a mixture of romance comedy and action. So therefor its suitable for both genders. There WERE curse words in the movie and there was some naughty scenes but they put the limits exactly where they should be. great movie.
Parent of a 9 year old Written byPEKO August 6, 2013

Keep young kids away from "the Heat"

not for kids under high school age. Horrible language and not very well written or acting in most parts. mildly funny at times but mostly disappointing. definite redbox rental at $1 other than that don't waste your time or money paying to see this garbage at a theatre.
Parent of a 7 and 11 year old Written byKelliott94 July 11, 2013

Rethink taking your kids to this due to the VIOLENCE, not the language

I'm shocked at some of the other reviews focusing on mainly the language. Most kids are going to hear the language. I'm more concerned about the blood and violence in this movie for kids under 15. There is some pretty bloody scenes in the movie and shooting of people, hurting people, etc. I loved this movie for myself but would not take my kids. Not for the violence part anyway.
Parent of a 16 year old Written byMauiman August 9, 2013

Funny show

Funny, funny comedy with adult language.
Adult Written bychristian2011 July 23, 2013

I didn't expect much when I first saw the preview, but I was surprised!

The Heat was actually a very funny movie with clever quotes and actions shown and said by the characters, and the acting was spot on. Melissa McCarthy was hilarious in this film, and of course Sandra Bullock rarely fails to impress - it's a sort of a female cop buddy comedy. The violence is infrequent, but quite graphic - people get shot (some in the heat at point blank range), a torture scene, and some brawls between characters. The language is the number 1 issue - PERVASIVE use of the words f**k, motherf**ker, godd**n, sh*t, d**k, p*ssy, and tons of name calling. There is a very fair and brief amount of adult/sexual content, some showing prostitutes, provocative night club dancing/stripping - mostly sexual dialogue and references (very graphic).
Written byAnonymous August 14, 2013

The Heat - is coming!

The heat is a very funny female buddy-cop movie. There is a lot of swearing, many uses of f**k, motherf***er, b***h, s**t, s***face, a** and a**hole. A lot of crude sexual humor. Drinking isn't in a lot of the scenes but there is one scene where Ashburn and Mullins drink and that scene is quite lengthy. Drugs is seen in a lot of this. In the opening scene Ashburn opens and secret thing that has stacks of cocaine. Mullins takes cocaine out of a teenagers pocket. In another scene, we see quite a lot of cocaine in a fridge. Mentions of drugs. Violence is not a lot but is still there and quite bloody so beware. The ending is nice and touching and it is really sweet. This is a very good film by the director of bridesmaids and it is very enjoyable.
Teen, 14 years old Written bytay123 August 10, 2013

a good movie for teens

this movie has bad language some violence including 2 men getting shot in the head. and a scene were a man is choking and one of the cops cut a hole in his throat and shove a straw into his throat scene is quite funny but very bloody.not for kids.
Parent of a 13, 16, and 19 year old Written byshelly2121 July 17, 2013

adults only extreme violence/language/sex

Okay, this is NOT for children first of all. If you don't want your child exposed to extreme violence, sex, or horrible language, avoid this movie. For adults, its okay. It is funny, however, there were many sexual parts not needed, it opens with a married man buying time with a prostitute, and I agree that Sandra bullock was a little too trashy in this movie. I do not like women being overly sexualized. It is not necessary in this movie, they could have just toned down the sex & violence a bit & made more suitable for even teens.
Teen, 13 years old Written byBroccoliLover84 July 13, 2013

Way too much language for my sisters.

Fairly entertaining film, not too raunchy, some flirting. Lots and lots of cursing, particularly f--k and G--dammit; also s--t, b-tch, d--k, a--, h-ll, some racial slurs, and sexual innuendo; Way too much for children and early teens. I got up and did some things throughout the film; I kind of lost interest several times. It wasn't as funny as I had hoped. A little disappointed, and I am not hard on comedies. Quite a bit of violence, a couple scenes made me cringe. Definitely too violent for kids around 12 or 13 and under. Not too much sexual content, but still too much for 12 or 13 and under, but I'm strict when it comes to "that".
Teen, 13 years old Written byAnaheim2011 August 14, 2013

Great Movie

Ok I'm 13 almost 14 and I watched this movie and I liked it. Yes, it did have some sexual parts and a lot of use of drugs and drinking but we all know that it's bad to do drugs so it's not much of a big deal honestly, I thought that the movie was funny and it did have a little positive message in the end. Even though in the begging both agents hate each other, they learn more about each other and work together and end up being friends. One agent, based on her looks is made fun of but she really is pretty much the best FBI agent and you shouldn't judge people on how they look because there is a story behind them. All in all it was a pretty great movie.
Parent Written bySam Donder December 1, 2013

The Heat is hilarious has some sex and some drinking/drugs

The heat is the funniest movie I have ever seen mostly due to the extremely funny performance by Melissa McCarthy. The main reason this movie isn't appropriate for younger teens is that it show the two main characters get very drunk at a bar and the movie focuses on drugs especially cocaine (you never seen anyone use it though). Their is a good deal of violence, but most of it is played for laughs. Even it is portrayed as being funny the violence is to bloody for younger kids.There are over 150 f words, but by the time kids watch this movie they will have heard the same words at school. There is a good deal of sexual scenes, the most inappropriate are when a man is trying to get a prostitute and you see the prostitutes from a distance and they are wearing revealing clothing, also in a club women dances suggestively to get a man to give her information. Overall this movie is very funny, but because of its mature content is best left for older teens.
Adult Written byjoshua martinez December 17, 2013

16 and up.

this comedy movie stars with sandra bullock, and Melissa McCarthy the heat is a great comedy movie but only for mature audiences and parents you need to know that the heat has some intense violence there are some sexual references and constant strong language used and some drinking and smoking used such as beer, cigarettes, and joints besides all the content the movie does have a positive message about friendship and loyalty.