All member reviews for The Heat

Female buddy-cop comedy mixes humor, violence, drinking.

Parent Written bymoviemaniac2 June 29, 2013

Disappointment rules

SO disappointed by Sandra Bullock and disgusted by Melisssa McCarthy.. the incredibly FOUL and RANK vulgar language overshadowed the entire movie..the story line was very typical -find the main drug dealing honcho..,, EVERY time McCarthy opened her mouth it was the F word and worse. I have no respect for her and will NEVER watch anything she appears in. Sandra--you disappoint me and my friends who saw the movie--I didn't know you were so desperate for a movie role that you would lower yourself to do such trash....maybe the public persona is just that--a persona. Will be much more careful in the future to really check out any movie you are starring in....just saying..
Kid, 10 years old June 29, 2013

WOW!

SWEARING, DRINKING, SEX AND VIOLENCE ALL ARE IN THIS FILM. BUT IT WAS REALLY GOOD!
Teen, 16 years old Written bySean Broucek June 27, 2013

Funny, But Mature.

Parents, this raunchy and somewhat brilliant drugged-up action comedy from the acclaimed director of "Bridesmaids" is probably on your teen's radar, but the violence and drugs and language and sex makes it better for only mature teens and adults. There is bloody but comical combat, waterboarding, interrogation, stabbing, destruction of property, snapped necks, and knife ambushes. Sex includes brief graphic nudity (female genitals and breasts), seduction, many inappropriate sexual references throughout, and flashes of comedic sexual assault. Language includes f--k, s--t, d--k, c--t, a--hole, b-tch, c--k, c--ksucker, wh-re, d-mn and the "N" word towards African-American criminals. Pot use is also frequent. In the end, this mature and funny comedy is best left for old teens and adults. Rated R For Brief Graphic Nudity, Some Strong Sexuality, Pervasive Language, Violent Material & Drugs.
Teen, 16 years old Written byNizar G August 26, 2013

A MUST!!!!

So it was a normal boring sunday until we decided to go to the movies because there is this new movie called "THE HEAT" and after all the trouble of not having an ID because im too lazy to make one we finally made it in. And from beginning to end this was one of the most brilliant movies ever made. its a mixture of romance comedy and action. So therefor its suitable for both genders. There WERE curse words in the movie and there was some naughty scenes but they put the limits exactly where they should be. great movie.
Written byAnonymous August 14, 2013

The Heat - is coming!

The heat is a very funny female buddy-cop movie. There is a lot of swearing, many uses of f**k, motherf***er, b***h, s**t, s***face, a** and a**hole. A lot of crude sexual humor. Drinking isn't in a lot of the scenes but there is one scene where Ashburn and Mullins drink and that scene is quite lengthy. Drugs is seen in a lot of this. In the opening scene Ashburn opens and secret thing that has stacks of cocaine. Mullins takes cocaine out of a teenagers pocket. In another scene, we see quite a lot of cocaine in a fridge. Mentions of drugs. Violence is not a lot but is still there and quite bloody so beware. The ending is nice and touching and it is really sweet. This is a very good film by the director of bridesmaids and it is very enjoyable.
Teen, 14 years old Written byDancermcm August 12, 2013

Hilarious, but Be Careful

This is so hilarious, and I know, I'm 14 and I'm only kind of recommending this for 16-year-olds. I'm mature for my age, and I BEGGED my grandmother to see this. It does swear, a LOT, but I'm used to it from school, it goes right over my head. It IS violent, most notably when Sandra Bullock's character tries to do an incision in a guy's (who's choking) throat, and it goes terribly wrong, and when she puts a straw through the incision, blood comes up the straw and goes everywhere. There is a lot of drinking and drug use, and a lot of strong sexual conversations, which make it kind of suitable for 16-year-olds who can handle this stuff.
Parent of a 13, 16, and 19 year old Written byshelly2121 July 17, 2013

adults only extreme violence/language/sex

Okay, this is NOT for children first of all. If you don't want your child exposed to extreme violence, sex, or horrible language, avoid this movie. For adults, its okay. It is funny, however, there were many sexual parts not needed, it opens with a married man buying time with a prostitute, and I agree that Sandra bullock was a little too trashy in this movie. I do not like women being overly sexualized. It is not necessary in this movie, they could have just toned down the sex & violence a bit & made more suitable for even teens.
Parent of a 7 and 11 year old Written byKelliott94 July 11, 2013

Rethink taking your kids to this due to the VIOLENCE, not the language

I'm shocked at some of the other reviews focusing on mainly the language. Most kids are going to hear the language. I'm more concerned about the blood and violence in this movie for kids under 15. There is some pretty bloody scenes in the movie and shooting of people, hurting people, etc. I loved this movie for myself but would not take my kids. Not for the violence part anyway.
Teen, 16 years old Written byAliphulupus June 28, 2013

Funny comedy has gore, swearing and violence

This movie is a comedy about two cops who have to join together to catch one main bad guy. One swears ALOT while the other one is kinda against swearing until the end(Says what the F) There is lots of violence and gore at some scenes, people get shot in the head(Blood splatters) and people get stabbed in the leg, headbutt in the head and in one scene the cop cuts open a guys throat to remove some food he was choking on(very disturbing) they stick a straw into the hole and blood comes flying out. Some pictures of dismembered bodies. There is some sexual references through the movie There is drugs and drinking. But of course they go after the drug people. I really enjoyed the movie I would say this movie is good for teens 16+ The main things are violence, swearing.
Kid, 12 years old September 2, 2014

Super funny, super swearing

Great film not very much bad stuff except TONS OF SWEARING so if you are okay with hearing almost 2 f words a minute for like a hour and half you should be okay with this film
Teen, 13 years old Written byAnaheim2011 August 14, 2013

Great Movie

Ok I'm 13 almost 14 and I watched this movie and I liked it. Yes, it did have some sexual parts and a lot of use of drugs and drinking but we all know that it's bad to do drugs so it's not much of a big deal honestly, I thought that the movie was funny and it did have a little positive message in the end. Even though in the begging both agents hate each other, they learn more about each other and work together and end up being friends. One agent, based on her looks is made fun of but she really is pretty much the best FBI agent and you shouldn't judge people on how they look because there is a story behind them. All in all it was a pretty great movie.
Kid, 2 years old July 7, 2015

amayzing

im 3 yeers old and i luv dis moovye
Kid, 11 years old June 11, 2014

My Favorite movie

The main reason the movie is R i because elf the swearing ok get it so if your kid knows the words let them watch it. There is an regular amount of violence accept when someone gets shot in the head. There is almost no sex i mean some references and the part at club ekko has some parts but not a lot, a scene where Mullens is interrogating someone by threatening to shoot there balls of and when Sandra bullock does it is kind of bad. The drugs ok THE WHOLE MOVIE IS ABOUT DRUGS if you don't want your kid to see drugs don't show them it you see Mullens' brother have the holes in his arm from drugs and when they look for them they find them. Overall it is a great movie
Teen, 13 years old Written byjessealexanderrrrr January 31, 2014

this movie is really funny but it is also very rude!!!!!

There is a lot of swearing in this movie, a lot and heaps of sexual references. Perfectly appropriate for 16 and up not for kids or teens under 16.
Teen, 13 years old Written bymji8o November 29, 2013

Awesome Review

This Is An Amazing Movie For Mature Teens! I Loved This Movie! I Encourage People To Watch It!
Parent of a 9 year old Written byPEKO August 6, 2013

Keep young kids away from "the Heat"

not for kids under high school age. Horrible language and not very well written or acting in most parts. mildly funny at times but mostly disappointing. definite redbox rental at $1 other than that don't waste your time or money paying to see this garbage at a theatre.
Adult Written bychristian2011 July 23, 2013

I didn't expect much when I first saw the preview, but I was surprised!

The Heat was actually a very funny movie with clever quotes and actions shown and said by the characters, and the acting was spot on. Melissa McCarthy was hilarious in this film, and of course Sandra Bullock rarely fails to impress - it's a sort of a female cop buddy comedy. The violence is infrequent, but quite graphic - people get shot (some in the heat at point blank range), a torture scene, and some brawls between characters. The language is the number 1 issue - PERVASIVE use of the words f**k, motherf**ker, godd**n, sh*t, d**k, p*ssy, and tons of name calling. There is a very fair and brief amount of adult/sexual content, some showing prostitutes, provocative night club dancing/stripping - mostly sexual dialogue and references (very graphic).
Adult Written bySlydog July 8, 2013

Vintage Mccarthy

This movie was a very funny movie that made me laugh a lot. However, there is a ton of swearing. It is very profane and my parents let me see movies with only swearing because I don't use that language. There are a couple references to Mccarthy sleeping with men and saying whether she "liked" it or not. But, the sex is on the down low. The plot revolves around a drug lord but not people using drugs. It does show big bags of marijuana though. Women also get very drunk and do some crazy things while drunk, but it only talks about it, doesn't show it. The violence is very comedic but is definitely present. But all in all a very funny movie that kept me laughing the whole time.
Parent Written byMaxwell Stentiford August 9, 2015

Absolutely hilarious. A 14 year olds type of movie

This movie is one of the funniest movies I've ever seen. Yes, in every sentence there is an f word, but you sort of get used to it and ignore it. Overall, I think this movie is brilliant and great for everyone
Adult Written byzeekattacklee June 26, 2015

The heat review..

I watched this film a while ago and found it interesting. On the other hand, it does have its share of mature content.. On that note, I really would only recommend this film to mature teenagers and adults.. Otherwise, I would want parents to use strong judgement before letting younger children watch this..