All member reviews for The Heat

Teen, 17 years old Written byAmber Newberg February 4, 2014

I love this movie and i own it but i think on the teen 13 birthday they should be able to watch it. Hope this helps,parents plz watch this movie you will be on the floor!! Have a good night!!!
Teen, 13 years old Written byjessealexanderrrrr January 31, 2014

this movie is really funny but it is also very rude!!!!!

There is a lot of swearing in this movie, a lot and heaps of sexual references. Perfectly appropriate for 16 and up not for kids or teens under 16.
Teen, 13 years old Written byBlake_Slaughter January 16, 2014

Melissa Mccarthy is awesome as always!

Hilarious movie. Some inappropriate humor, no inappropriate content. Strong language (mostly from Melissa Mccarthys character). Some violence, considering that it is a cop movie. If your child is mature enough, definitely watch this movie, it his REALLY funny!
Kid, 12 years old December 29, 2013

Ok

I think its ok for like 13 and above or atleast 12. No unappropriate parts. Just violence and language.
Kid, 10 years old December 26, 2013

FOSTER KID NOW YOU GOT A SISTER

Best movie everrrrr me and my little sisters watched this with our mum their 8 and 7 there is alot of F bombs and stuff but In Australia it's only MA but still EPIC
Teen, 16 years old Written byJmc123 December 18, 2013

the heat is a good film but kids under 15 should not watch it

The heat is hilarious and really good but kids under 15 should not watch it. The heat has lots and of swearing in it and some violence and drug use. there is about 250 uses of course language, people get shot and stabbed and people smoke joints and deal drugs.
Teen, 13 years old Written byThomasLovesCinema November 30, 2013

Such A Hilarious Movie!

Insanely Hilarious!. This movie isn't a comedy classic, but this movie has lots of creativity and awesome stuff. Almost all kind of comedy we have here...A little crazy and funny movie.
Teen, 13 years old Written bymji8o November 29, 2013

Awesome Review

This Is An Amazing Movie For Mature Teens! I Loved This Movie! I Encourage People To Watch It!
Teen, 13 years old Written byjasgreg12 November 23, 2013

The Heat

Really great movie. A great movie for older teens. But some parents may have to worry about the language.
Kid, 11 years old November 4, 2013

Hilarious movie! Loved every minute of it!

This is a very funny movie, with great chemistry between the two leads. Also it had a heartfelt aspect mixed in closer to the end. There is a lot of swearing, sexual references and humor. There is some violent scenes in this movie but in a comical fashion mostly. Hilarious movie
Teen, 14 years old Written byironkid21 October 10, 2013

Sandra Bullock/Melissa McCarthy cop comedy is foul mouthed and crude but really funny!

Teen, 14 years old Written bySlimShady2000 September 1, 2013

Fantastic Movie, Super Funny, 13+

It was a great movie that was REALLY funny but involved a ton of swearing, violence and some drinking!! It was super funny and great for teens 13+!
Teen, 13 years old Written byHollowNight August 15, 2013

Badmouthing it

Wow. Just, wow. This movie is funny, but not nearly funny enough to make up for all the profanity, violence, drinking, and "seducing" going on. I'd recommend giving your teenager the option to get up and walk out if they need to, not to mention a little chat about ethics before/after.
Teen, 14 years old Written bytay123 August 10, 2013

a good movie for teens

this movie has bad language some violence including 2 men getting shot in the head. and a scene were a man is choking and one of the cops cut a hole in his throat and shove a straw into his throat scene is quite funny but very bloody.not for kids.
Teen, 17 years old Written byBroadwayFan7 July 24, 2013

Extreme language, but still an awesome movie

The Heat was one of the funniest movies I've ever seen. I loved it, but I would not recommend it for anyone under age 16. One of the agents constantly uses profane language, mostly the f-word, throughout the entire movie, while other characters occasionally use milder profanities. The acting is excellent, and the plot is captivating. I would say this is one of the best movies I have ever seen. Although I did not enjoy hearing the f-word every ten seconds, I loved this movie and will definitely see it again.
Teen, 16 years old Written byomigodbecky July 16, 2013

Great, but so not for kids by any means.

LOL. THIS MOVIE IS REALLY FUNNY. But, c'mon. When they say f**k 100 times (literally, in every sentence) how can you expect a 10 year old to watch this? It's a great movie though.
Teen, 13 years old Written byBroccoliLover84 July 13, 2013

Way too much language for my sisters.

Fairly entertaining film, not too raunchy, some flirting. Lots and lots of cursing, particularly f--k and G--dammit; also s--t, b-tch, d--k, a--, h-ll, some racial slurs, and sexual innuendo; Way too much for children and early teens. I got up and did some things throughout the film; I kind of lost interest several times. It wasn't as funny as I had hoped. A little disappointed, and I am not hard on comedies. Quite a bit of violence, a couple scenes made me cringe. Definitely too violent for kids around 12 or 13 and under. Not too much sexual content, but still too much for 12 or 13 and under, but I'm strict when it comes to "that".
Teen, 13 years old Written bymattp July 1, 2013

Hilarious movie, however viewer discretion is advised.

Well, to start off, I thought it was pretty good. It was certainly raunchy, but it was still good. It was nowhere near the likes of movies that claim they are "fun and raunchy" comedies like The Hangover, however (or at least to my knowledge. I've never watched The Hangover due to the fact of just how idiotic it looks). Language is probably the worst part. McCarthy's lines are chock full of language, to the point where she can barely finish a sentence without using the word f**k, or a variation of it. In terms of sexual content, there was nothing besides strong references, and one scene in which Sandra Bullock tries to be... sexy, I suppose... to get to something a bad guy has (which she happens to be very bad at, to a hilarious degree). Also, while a character is watching T.V., a show called The Doctors is on and they are showing a procedure that involves the private regions of a female (the procedure is shown for a split second, but only on a computer generated body that does not look realistic). Also, in terms of violence, I'll try not to spoil too much, but in one scene a man is choking and Bullock attempts to cut his throat open to put a straw in it so that he can get oxygen, which isn't very succesful, resulting in blood spilling everywhere. Quite cringe-inducing. Also, a knife is stuck into someone's thigh, a man is shot at close range and you can see the blood splatter on the wall, not to mention grisly dismemberment pictures in a police case as well as other things involving dismemberment and shooting. It should be noted, however, that the majority of this violence is for comedic effect, as is everything else. Also, drugs are a key part of the main case in the movies and they are found in a minor case earlier on. So, overall, pretty inappropriate movie, but it does sound worse than it actually is. P.S. Also, there are prostitutes in the movie, but nothing ever actually happens, they are just shown talking to a man in a car (who is busted by McCarthy) and it is hinted that a suspect is a prostitute in the main case in the movie.
Teen, 17 years old Written byBestPicture1996 June 30, 2013

Packed with laughs, most deliver!

The movie was surprisingly vulgar, with just about anything McCarthy saying being profane, but boy did she carry the film on her shoulders. Together her and Bullock make a great team, especially in the latter half when Bullock loosens up, and their drunk sequences provide a ton of laughs. But "The Heat" is fairly predictable, and could have used better writing story-wise.