All member reviews for The Heat

Female buddy-cop comedy mixes humor, violence, drinking.

Kid, 10 years old June 29, 2013

WOW!

SWEARING, DRINKING, SEX AND VIOLENCE ALL ARE IN THIS FILM. BUT IT WAS REALLY GOOD!
Parent Written bymoviemaniac2 June 29, 2013

Disappointment rules

SO disappointed by Sandra Bullock and disgusted by Melisssa McCarthy.. the incredibly FOUL and RANK vulgar language overshadowed the entire movie..the story line was very typical -find the main drug dealing honcho..,, EVERY time McCarthy opened her mouth it was the F word and worse. I have no respect for her and will NEVER watch anything she appears in. Sandra--you disappoint me and my friends who saw the movie--I didn't know you were so desperate for a movie role that you would lower yourself to do such trash....maybe the public persona is just that--a persona. Will be much more careful in the future to really check out any movie you are starring in....just saying..
Teen, 16 years old Written bySean Broucek June 27, 2013

Funny, But Mature.

Parents, this raunchy and somewhat brilliant drugged-up action comedy from the acclaimed director of "Bridesmaids" is probably on your teen's radar, but the violence and drugs and language and sex makes it better for only mature teens and adults. There is bloody but comical combat, waterboarding, interrogation, stabbing, destruction of property, snapped necks, and knife ambushes. Sex includes brief graphic nudity (female genitals and breasts), seduction, many inappropriate sexual references throughout, and flashes of comedic sexual assault. Language includes f--k, s--t, d--k, c--t, a--hole, b-tch, c--k, c--ksucker, wh-re, d-mn and the "N" word towards African-American criminals. Pot use is also frequent. In the end, this mature and funny comedy is best left for old teens and adults. Rated R For Brief Graphic Nudity, Some Strong Sexuality, Pervasive Language, Violent Material & Drugs.
Teen, 16 years old Written byNizar G August 26, 2013

A MUST!!!!

So it was a normal boring sunday until we decided to go to the movies because there is this new movie called "THE HEAT" and after all the trouble of not having an ID because im too lazy to make one we finally made it in. And from beginning to end this was one of the most brilliant movies ever made. its a mixture of romance comedy and action. So therefor its suitable for both genders. There WERE curse words in the movie and there was some naughty scenes but they put the limits exactly where they should be. great movie.
Teen, 16 years old Written byAliphulupus June 28, 2013

Funny comedy has gore, swearing and violence

This movie is a comedy about two cops who have to join together to catch one main bad guy. One swears ALOT while the other one is kinda against swearing until the end(Says what the F) There is lots of violence and gore at some scenes, people get shot in the head(Blood splatters) and people get stabbed in the leg, headbutt in the head and in one scene the cop cuts open a guys throat to remove some food he was choking on(very disturbing) they stick a straw into the hole and blood comes flying out. Some pictures of dismembered bodies. There is some sexual references through the movie There is drugs and drinking. But of course they go after the drug people. I really enjoyed the movie I would say this movie is good for teens 16+ The main things are violence, swearing.
Teen, 13 years old Written bymji8o November 29, 2013

Awesome Review

This Is An Amazing Movie For Mature Teens! I Loved This Movie! I Encourage People To Watch It!
Kid, 12 years old September 2, 2014

Super funny, super swearing

Great film not very much bad stuff except TONS OF SWEARING so if you are okay with hearing almost 2 f words a minute for like a hour and half you should be okay with this film
Kid, 11 years old June 11, 2014

My Favorite movie

The main reason the movie is R i because elf the swearing ok get it so if your kid knows the words let them watch it. There is an regular amount of violence accept when someone gets shot in the head. There is almost no sex i mean some references and the part at club ekko has some parts but not a lot, a scene where Mullens is interrogating someone by threatening to shoot there balls of and when Sandra bullock does it is kind of bad. The drugs ok THE WHOLE MOVIE IS ABOUT DRUGS if you don't want your kid to see drugs don't show them it you see Mullens' brother have the holes in his arm from drugs and when they look for them they find them. Overall it is a great movie
Teen, 13 years old Written bySDS1328 June 24, 2014

The Heat

Its a hilarious movie with a great storyline. Sandra Bullock is amazing in it. It has tons of swearing. It does have some sexial jokes. It has some drugs.
Teen, 13 years old Written bybands4life October 3, 2014

My Review on "The Heat"!

Parents must know, that this movie includes infrequent violence, infrequent but sometimes strong crude and sexual references and humor, a topic centered around taking down a drug lord, and constant language. F--k and s--t are used constantly, Milder swears such as damn, hell, bitch, ass and d--k are used a few times each, C--t is used once. As for violence, this movie has infrequent and sometimes bloody violence, such as, a man being shot in the head, a knife being stuck into Sandy Bullock's leg, a man being shot in the testicles and Sandy trying to prevent a man from choking by making an incision in his throat, and accidentally killing him, this scene is very bloody. As for drug and alcohol use, Sandy and McCarthy get really drunk at a bar, the theme is about tracking down a drug lord, many substances are shown but rarely used, a few drug references, and mention of drug dealers throughout. As for sexual stuff, there are a few crude and sexual references, a woman attempts to dance suggestively to a man to reach into his pocket and get his phone, a scene involving prostitutes who are suggestively dressed and they are discussing the price but no sexual stuff is shown, about 3 references to women's private area, and some brief but strong crude/sexual humor. Great movie. 15+. Suggested Rating: R - For Language Throughout Including Sexual References, Violence and Bloody Images, and some Drug Content
Teen, 14 years old Written byDancermcm August 12, 2013

Hilarious, but Be Careful

This is so hilarious, and I know, I'm 14 and I'm only kind of recommending this for 16-year-olds. I'm mature for my age, and I BEGGED my grandmother to see this. It does swear, a LOT, but I'm used to it from school, it goes right over my head. It IS violent, most notably when Sandra Bullock's character tries to do an incision in a guy's (who's choking) throat, and it goes terribly wrong, and when she puts a straw through the incision, blood comes up the straw and goes everywhere. There is a lot of drinking and drug use, and a lot of strong sexual conversations, which make it kind of suitable for 16-year-olds who can handle this stuff.
Teen, 15 years old Written bySaad1Khan November 15, 2014

Fine is Ok

Rated R by MPAA but girls or boys aged 15 can watch it.
Teen, 13 years old Written byAnaheim2011 August 14, 2013

Great Movie

Ok I'm 13 almost 14 and I watched this movie and I liked it. Yes, it did have some sexual parts and a lot of use of drugs and drinking but we all know that it's bad to do drugs so it's not much of a big deal honestly, I thought that the movie was funny and it did have a little positive message in the end. Even though in the begging both agents hate each other, they learn more about each other and work together and end up being friends. One agent, based on her looks is made fun of but she really is pretty much the best FBI agent and you shouldn't judge people on how they look because there is a story behind them. All in all it was a pretty great movie.
Parent of a 7 and 11 year old Written byKelliott94 July 11, 2013

Rethink taking your kids to this due to the VIOLENCE, not the language

I'm shocked at some of the other reviews focusing on mainly the language. Most kids are going to hear the language. I'm more concerned about the blood and violence in this movie for kids under 15. There is some pretty bloody scenes in the movie and shooting of people, hurting people, etc. I loved this movie for myself but would not take my kids. Not for the violence part anyway.
Teen, 15 years old Written byJodieChupp July 2, 2014
Funny but definitely has ALOT of cussin in it. I loved this movie. Because of the language its rated R but other than that its a pretty good movie
Teen, 13 years old Written byjessealexanderrrrr January 31, 2014

this movie is really funny but it is also very rude!!!!!

There is a lot of swearing in this movie, a lot and heaps of sexual references. Perfectly appropriate for 16 and up not for kids or teens under 16.
Written byAnonymous August 14, 2013

The Heat - is coming!

The heat is a very funny female buddy-cop movie. There is a lot of swearing, many uses of f**k, motherf***er, b***h, s**t, s***face, a** and a**hole. A lot of crude sexual humor. Drinking isn't in a lot of the scenes but there is one scene where Ashburn and Mullins drink and that scene is quite lengthy. Drugs is seen in a lot of this. In the opening scene Ashburn opens and secret thing that has stacks of cocaine. Mullins takes cocaine out of a teenagers pocket. In another scene, we see quite a lot of cocaine in a fridge. Mentions of drugs. Violence is not a lot but is still there and quite bloody so beware. The ending is nice and touching and it is really sweet. This is a very good film by the director of bridesmaids and it is very enjoyable.
Kid, 12 years old October 21, 2015

Very funny cop comedy has tons of swearing

A women gets stabbed in the leg, may make you cringe. Early in the movie, a photo is briefly seen of a bloody corpse. One character swears a lot, around 150+ f-words. The movie is about taking down a drug lord, but drugs are rarely seen.
Kid, 10 years old September 6, 2014

Ok for some kids

You should let your kids watch it if you let them watch movies some violence bad language and sextuality.
Teen, 14 years old Written byDuckCommander13 August 3, 2014

Really Funny Buddy Cop Movie

This is a funny movie but it does have many F words, sexual references , there is some blood when unlock preforms a tracheotomy on a choking person. The plot is based around a good and bad cop trying to catch a drug lord. But there's nothing that an 8th grader has never heard or known about before .