All member reviews for The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

Arthur and his alien friend travel the galaxy.

Teen, 15 years old Written byHylianHobbit April 11, 2013

Why has this got such a low score?

This movie is one of my alltime favourites! It's funny, crazy and has a suprizingly complex storyline. I've watched it many times and it never fails to make me laugh. With great acting and lovable characters (Even the manicly depressed robot it lovable!), I don't see how it could be scored so low! I've rated this 8+ because it's not scary and has parts that younger kids will find funny, but it also has a captivating plot that older kids and adults will find enjoyable!
Teen, 15 years old Written bygilly_boy July 10, 2012

know your kids before watching

It's an okay movie although I say that it's too sexy and violent because one scene the guy patted that girls bottom. The violent scenes was the planet blowing up, a guy's second head got cut off (doesn't show), and mice were about to take a guy's brain. That's all I got to say.
Kid, 9 years old September 3, 2012

THE HITCHHIKERS GUIDE TO THE GALAXY

weird sci-fi comedy is ok for younger kids
Teen, 14 years old Written byNeil13 March 26, 2011

The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

I liked it
Kid, 12 years old August 21, 2009

pointlessly stupid

stupid
Kid, 11 years old May 18, 2011

The Books are Better

eh, this movie was quite funny, I really liked Alan Rickman as the voice of Marvin, and Zooey Deschanel was good, but it wasn't great
Adult Written bycyber_mom4 April 9, 2008

disappointing

If you liked the book and/or television series, this movie will probably disappoint. Too much is left out and extra stuff inserted that didn't make much sense. My kids would either be totally confused by the plot or find it stupid.
Teen, 14 years old Written byNoMoreHeroes July 8, 2012

DON'T PANIC

This film is alright if you haven't read the book, listened to the radio series or seen the TV series. I am a massive fan of Adams' work and it shows that he wasn't there to guide the production. To me having the characters in a pub doesn't seem like something to fret about, but the vogon poetry does. It's alright I guess but please, DON'T PANIC.
Parent of a 11 and 12 year old Written byMarshalldad June 10, 2010

Awesome!!!

LOL!! Areosol deodorant before the wheel!! some math: 1 marvin + 1 point of view gun = hilarious non-lethal weapon!!!
Adult Written byForknose April 9, 2008

Genius

This, my friends, is the greatest movie of all time.
Teen, 17 years old Written byjietoh12622 April 9, 2008

I LOVED IT!

i abosolutely loved this movie! i read the book the Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy and am startin on the second book in the series! i not only thought the book was wonderful but i thought that it was portrayed wonderfully on screen
Kid, 11 years old December 3, 2015

best book ever

the hitchhikers guide is an exellant book about two friends, arthur dent, a human, and his friend, ford prefect,, an alien doing reasarch for the guide about earth.. they hitch a ride on a vogon space shuttle 30 seconds before the Earth is destroyed. from there on, it is shenanigans abound for the rest of the book. i would tell you about it, but im not a spoiler. so... just read the book!
Teen, 14 years old Written bypianocutie95 November 30, 2009

You will die of boredom and stupidity after seeing this flick......

Stupid, stupid, stupid. Pointless, and stupid. Cheaply made! Boo......
Adult Written bymydyingprayer April 9, 2008
Teen, 14 years old Written byBinrat October 21, 2010

Read the books first

It's okay, but the book was much better.
Teen, 13 years old Written bynekosan February 14, 2010

Wonderful movie

This is my all time favorite movie and in my opinion, there is nothing wrong with movie in the least bit. However many people wouldn't be able to understand it. Even though I love this movie the books, all 5 ov them, are way better. :)
Teen, 13 years old Written bykossu August 13, 2009
Teen, 14 years old Written byCSM Screen Name... April 9, 2008

BORING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This movie has 2words to describe it! BORING, STUPUID. My whole family watched it, Mom, Dad, and sister who is 15. We all thought it was stupid. As a matter of fact we din't see the whole thing we only watched about 35 minutes and we were all sooooo bored we turned it off and watche another movie called Sahara(great movie. So don't waste your money and see this movie.
Adult Written bymuffinberry April 9, 2008

so freakin awesome!!!

This is the bestmovie that could ever be!!!! the jokes are funny and the actors do an amazing job-----the plot is stunning and the book could be better
Adult Written byage 10+ October 16, 2011

good for the family

To tell you the truth, this movie is good just not very funny. But it is is a very good family movie still.