All teen and kid member reviews for The Host

Teen, 14 years old Written byN1K343V3R April 23, 2013

Lot's of Buzz, but not a lot of Good Content

Whenever there is a new Stephanie Meyer film that comes out, there's typically lots of buzz, but not a lot of good content. The Host is just your stereotypical love story of someone disappearing then coming back, and of course, there are obstacles in the way. I felt that the Host was on okay movie overall. Jared, one of the main characters wasn't even shown that much in the movie. There wasn't much showing of Jared and Melonie/Wanda together which made it slightly disappointing/unfinished. I felt like there were missing pieces to the story as well. As for kissing, not too much, but there are a few scenes that scream "wow!". I as a 13 year old girl who happens to love romance, this wasn't very fulfilling. It's an average movie.
Teen, 13 years old Written byCHLOE OLIVER7 April 22, 2013

THE HOST

i think this is a really good film, i knew what was going to happen from the trailer. i didn't mind the romantic bit as there was that much. when this film comes out on dvd i'm definitely the one who is getting it.
Teen, 13 years old Written byMisANNAKelly April 8, 2013

Plesantly Surprised...

I really enjoyed this movie and after reading the book i was pleasantly surprised. I would not say the movie is as good as the book but the director did a good job on this film. I thought each actor/actress suited their role perfectly and every character was played very realisticly. Although this movie covered the main story line the director/script writer missed out on a few very important details; Like the death of Walter, A lot of characters were not mentioned, the strong relationship that grows between Wanda and Melanie, The description that Wanda gives of her previous lives and worlds she has lived on and some important lines near the end. From reading other reviews from parents and viewers who have not read the book I can tell this movie would have been slightly confusing eg. At the start of the movie Melanie jumps through a window, many assumed she was commiting sucicide when infact she was protecting Jamie and Jared from being capured and killed. To understand this movie you must be willing to understand it and be willing to have to concentrate during this moving, the same with all sci-fi movies ,this movie is suitible for those who like this type of media and enjoy these types of books. Ofcourse there will be violence it's a sci-fi movie and the whole idea of the of this movie is that Melanie love is strong and she will do anything to protect those she loves, if it is fighting for them or expressing her love for Jared by kissing. I think this is a really good movie that i really enjoyed. It is teen/young adult aimed movie that i think is very appealing to that age group.
Kid, 12 years old April 5, 2013

Good

There is nothing can happen to your kid. Only there' s one headshot a then some blood down
Teen, 13 years old Written bydoubleE April 4, 2013

The Host is one of the BEST movie I've ever seen!

Walking into the theater, I thought this movie was going to be OK. Turns out I was wrong. After the movie was over, I couldn't get out of my seat because this movie was that good that I had to take it all in. Though this movie was great... it has some iffy stuff. There are MANY passionate kissing as well as one sex scene but its in a flashback and only shown for about 10 seconds. This movie also has some violence but nothing that's upsetting or disturbing. Some iffy violent scenes are a character is in a deadly car accident but survives and that are also a few beatings. Overall this movie is FANTASTIC and it delivers and meets up to the high expectations. GO!!
Teen, 14 years old Written byZoemily April 2, 2013

The Host

This is a good movie! I love the idea of aliens taking over human bodies! I did not like the amount of kissing and love in it, completely unnecessary! But overall it was a good movie!