All member reviews for The Hunchback of Notre Dame II

Weak sequel, with a bit of the original's charms.

Adult Written bybethlthomson April 9, 2008

i cried!

this is a sweet movie to see with kids.
Teen, 13 years old Written byHotaru Chan January 14, 2011

Not nearly as good as the first

Sequels aren't usually as good as the first, and this one's no exception. The story isn't as gripping, the new characters are kind of annoying, the songs aren't very good, even the animation isn't as good as the first. Watch it if you really loved the first, but just don't expect anything great.
Teen, 13 years old Written by4kidshater June 21, 2010

A weak sequel, It's like The Exorcist(1973) becoming The Magician and Cannibal Holocaust(1980) becoming Cannibal Playdate

A rehash when i ever see one. I hate it. The first movie was better, Frollo was a better villian than The villian in this movie. It's a rehash of the first movie. It's like a edited rated X movie.
Adult Written byDominicboo1 December 12, 2014

Very bad sequel

This one does have less violence than the original,b ut it's also much more poorly done. Not the least of which is a very annoying villain named "Sarousch" that says "I could kiss me, but then I'd fall in love". Two more annoying new characters are Zephyr, Esmeralda and PHeobus's son that just feels so out of place. Of course, I can't forget lovely Madeleine....she's a wonderful role model for your kids. That is of course if you like the idea of your kids calling themselves stupid and having no self-esteem and being completly pathetic and working for a villain...Quasimodo is his usual good self, but that doesn't amount to much when there's nothing new for kids to take from this movie that's worth it. Besides did Quasimodo need a girlfriend? Isn't having real human friends and the ability to go outside all he wanted in the first movie? Oh well Disney doesn't care, so why should I?
Teen, 14 years old Written byMelBrooksFan May 31, 2016

Horrible sequel to a great movie

This sequel is just horrible. I watched it because I enjoyed the original so much, and was shocked to see just how bad this was. The character traits are inconsistent, the acting is bad, and the animation is the worst I have ever seen! It makes me wonder what the people who made this thing were thinking. The best way to describe it is as a poorly-made parody of kids' movie. You know how sometimes in shows or movies you see little kids watching something that obviously no one put any thought into? This is basically an extended version of that. I'll stop here before I really start ranting about this mess.
Teen, 16 years old Written byhamstergurl09 March 24, 2011

Sucks, for lack of a better term

This movie is abysmal. absolutely nothing compared to the original. The drawing and animation looks rushed. There is no story without Frollo. All the antagonist wants to do in this movie is steal a bell. How is it even possible to steal a giant bell from a bell tower? Seriously! Compared to Frollo, who killed innocent people, burnt down houses, lusted over women, and tried to drown a baby, this villain is pretty tame. The new characters in this are super annoying. There was absolutely no reason to make a sequel to this, other than to get a few extra bucks. That's what I hate about Disney: they used to be magical, now they're just corporate a-holes, making sequels to EVERY SINGLE MOVIE even though none of them needed a sequel. Long story short, don't watch this mess.
Teen, 14 years old Written byNorthernNights May 16, 2010

Why are all Disney Sequels cheaply made?

I thought it was a good idea, but poorly done. The animation brought the first movie little justice. The music was horrible, I highly doubt they worked too hard on it. If they did ( sorry ) It was sweet and a little toughing, but they actually have to work more than 10 days on it! If I was aloud to make that movie I would have been honored and try to make it right!
Teen, 14 years old Written byMariodude23 May 11, 2010

None of the charms or themes from the original are present.

I hate this movie. Quasi apparently wasn't satisfied with getting the freedom that he always wanted and wants a girlfriend. This movie is too light hearted in its simplistic and boring script. The animation is ugly, the songs are mediocre at best, and the acting is stiff. Do not get this movie it is void of the themes of tolerance, the sophistication, and anything else that made the original wonderful. If you want a good DTV sequel to a Disney movie, pick up Bambi 2 or the Lion King 2, or anything but this.