All teen and kid member reviews for The Hunchback of Notre Dame II

Teen, 13 years old Written byHotaru Chan January 14, 2011

Not nearly as good as the first

Sequels aren't usually as good as the first, and this one's no exception. The story isn't as gripping, the new characters are kind of annoying, the songs aren't very good, even the animation isn't as good as the first. Watch it if you really loved the first, but just don't expect anything great.
Teen, 16 years old Written byhamstergurl09 March 24, 2011

Sucks, for lack of a better term

This movie is abysmal. absolutely nothing compared to the original. The drawing and animation looks rushed. There is no story without Frollo. All the antagonist wants to do in this movie is steal a bell. How is it even possible to steal a giant bell from a bell tower? Seriously! Compared to Frollo, who killed innocent people, burnt down houses, lusted over women, and tried to drown a baby, this villain is pretty tame. The new characters in this are super annoying. There was absolutely no reason to make a sequel to this, other than to get a few extra bucks. That's what I hate about Disney: they used to be magical, now they're just corporate a-holes, making sequels to EVERY SINGLE MOVIE even though none of them needed a sequel. Long story short, don't watch this mess.
Teen, 13 years old Written by4kidshater June 21, 2010

A weak sequel, It's like The Exorcist(1973) becoming The Magician and Cannibal Holocaust(1980) becoming Cannibal Playdate

A rehash when i ever see one. I hate it. The first movie was better, Frollo was a better villian than The villian in this movie. It's a rehash of the first movie. It's like a edited rated X movie.
Teen, 14 years old Written byNorthernNights May 16, 2010

Why are all Disney Sequels cheaply made?

I thought it was a good idea, but poorly done. The animation brought the first movie little justice. The music was horrible, I highly doubt they worked too hard on it. If they did ( sorry ) It was sweet and a little toughing, but they actually have to work more than 10 days on it! If I was aloud to make that movie I would have been honored and try to make it right!
Teen, 14 years old Written byMariodude23 May 11, 2010

None of the charms or themes from the original are present.

I hate this movie. Quasi apparently wasn't satisfied with getting the freedom that he always wanted and wants a girlfriend. This movie is too light hearted in its simplistic and boring script. The animation is ugly, the songs are mediocre at best, and the acting is stiff. Do not get this movie it is void of the themes of tolerance, the sophistication, and anything else that made the original wonderful. If you want a good DTV sequel to a Disney movie, pick up Bambi 2 or the Lion King 2, or anything but this.