All member reviews for The Hunger Games

Kid, 11 years old January 11, 2015

super movie but too violent

the hunger games has been loved by all books and movies and although its an engaging interesting action movie it contains lots of serious violence that should not be seen by any kid. i recommend definite parental guidence off any age . DO NOT LET KIDS 11 AND UNDER SEE tHIS MOVIE
Kid, 11 years old January 10, 2015

Awesome

This is one of my favorite movies ever! I think Suzanne Collins did a really really great job creating the character of Katniss Everdeen. I think the movie creators did an excellent job creating this dystopian action-filled love story. I also think they did a really great job portraying the personalities of the characters such as Katniss' stubbornness, and Effie's personality. They recreated moments in the hunger games perfectly, and Rue's death was touching and sad, but beautiful. If you haven't seen or read the hunger games, you definitely should. It is really great.
Teen, 14 years old Written byNorthturn January 7, 2015

Overall great

The basic idea of the book is thrilling. The level of isolation the districts feel shows the emotions perfectly depending on the characters socio-economic standing. The plot was not dull a little predictable but not dull. The characters can be tiresome at certain point but are generally likeable.
Kid, 11 years old January 4, 2015

AMAZING

I think that it is violent. There are some killing of children and may be too harsh for sensitive viewers. I think that in fifth grade you should be able to watch it. There are some kissing scenes too. Katniss is a great role model. There is some swearing too but just mild.
Teen, 13 years old Written bydarfael January 1, 2015

Very violent but incredible

This movie is an incredibly well made movie. It does not differ too much from the book. It is very violent, especially the cornucopia scene. It also shows a lot of positive messages, for example teamwork.
Kid, 9 years old December 31, 2014

the movie was great. The book was more violent. It has a cople scary images.
Kid, 10 years old December 24, 2014

Good movie

Warning: this has a few spoilers. I watched, and I honestly paused it when Rue died. It has a lot of violence, since this is this is the movie that most of the settings are in Panem, where the Hunger Games takes place, which means a lot of violence. Compared to the book, the book is WAY less violent, mostly because visual images are more freakish then reading them. It depends on your kid (s), and how much violence they can take. Hope this helped!
Teen, 15 years old Written bypizzadude786 December 22, 2014

Violent and yet an awesome movie of 2012

the hunger game s is a spectacular adaption of the suzzin Collins series the hunger game the movie is coolin my opinion. Your children may want to see this .But don't get me wrong there are some intense and thematic moments and elements.the violence and bloody stuff. Children kill each other in gruesome ways during the games. Weapons like knives and arrows are used. There are also many deaths but I don't want to spoil the movie for you guys. I will say the violence is 1 out of 4 . Language on the other hand,is 1out of five damn is used 3 times and the h word at least twice. Romance: 2out of five. Peeta reveals he has a crush on katniss ever since they were kid gale and katniss exchange lingering loos and one kiss. Nothing more than that. The mentor hay itch is drunk. He drinks liquor and wine. At parties people consume alcohol I'd say this movie is for ages 14 and up .
Teen, 17 years old Written byLily55585 December 22, 2014

Ehhhh.

Now if u enjoy gory and teenagers killing each other in a generated arena with pods in the ground, then you will love this! Dont judge i do like the hunger games but i think its a little gory for 11/12 year olds to watch. I think jennifer lawrence is an amazing actress and she portraied the role of katniss well, i just think its a little unrealistic. I mean 'a world full of teens (and parents) getting reaped to go into a areana where they all die apart from 1 person' i mean seriously that is not how you minimise the population! Anyways, hope you found my advise help!
Teen, 16 years old Written bylionman1998 December 18, 2014

This movie is really good,anyone should watch it but of course it is very violent and kids younger the age of 12 should be acompanied by their parents.
Kid, 11 years old December 16, 2014

Depends On Political Knowledge

Some children under 12 may find it difficult to comprehend the plot, but it will provoke conversations about the Capitol, and sacrifice.
Teen, 16 years old Written bySnowman__1632 December 14, 2014

GREAT

A hot teen in a fight to the death works in this violent film.
Kid, 12 years old December 10, 2014

Hunger Games, not as bad as you think.

Okay, so my mom thought that i was too young to watch this (When i was 10) but i really wanted to. I finally convinced her. I loved the movie. It didn't give me nightmares, it was really interesting and enjoyable. There was use of Very light language words like Dam, and H#ll, those were only used rarely. There was a good amount of blood, and its kinda gory. If blood bothers you DONT watch it. Other than that it was quite enjoyable. The storyline was very good, and if your kids get easy nightmares don't let them watch it. Thats about it.
Teen, 14 years old Written byTeddJPB December 6, 2014

14 years old is much too high - I was 11 when I first watched it!

Quite the exceptional movie. From what I remember, there are hardly any cuss words, an okay amount of violence (teens stabbing and killing each other), and a great message: stand up for what you believe even and be fearless. Perfect for kids ages 11+.
Teen, 16 years old Written byThe game breakdown December 6, 2014

A teen movie that is worth watching

There have been many horrendous teen movies throughout the years, the Twilight films and Divergent being some of the worst, this film is a great movie with intense action sequence, a great story, and some thought provoking themes, this is overall an extremely entertaining movie, the only real mature content this movie has might be some bloody violence.
Kid, 10 years old November 27, 2014

the hunger games review

In my opinion this movie was a really good movie if your kid is gonna watch this movie I suggest you read the book first then it becomes a lot less scary. There are a few gory parts like when Rue gets stabbed through the stomach and when Cato gets pushed off the cornucopia and gets killed by mutations, but in all of those parts you don't see the blood when Rue gets killed and Cato you only see his scars from other tributes in the hunger games you don't really see what his body looks like after the mutations killed him. I loved this movie I think your kid should watch it if they really want to but make them read the book first and only let them watch it if there 9 or older.
Teen, 13 years old Written byjbmeanor November 24, 2014

Great movie

I think that if you let your kids have viloence and that you talk to them a make sure they know this is not real it is fine.
Teen, 13 years old Written byilikefruit November 22, 2014

Not sutible for kids

I watched this when I was a tween (about 11 years old). However, my parents didn't like me watching it and I was only aloud to see the second film in the series when I was 13 years old. Great film.
Teen, 15 years old Written byDarraghQ November 22, 2014

Very Violent, Great Movie.

Good messages about strength, standing up for what you believe in, team work etc. Teens aged 12-18 are murdering each other using spears,knives,bow and arrows,swords and throwing knives. In especially violent moments the camera is shaky/blurry so the blood and gore isn't shown but it's still obvious what's going on. Shows a blurry close up of the face of a teen who has been stung to death by killer wasps (really gruesome). Very intense and sad moments. People are speared with wounds shown and chased/mauled by wolf dog mutations. Only language is hell and goddamn. No sex apart from a few kisses. Great movie, mature 10 -11 year olds could handle it as well.
Teen, 13 years old Written byiggy12345 November 21, 2014

The Hunger Games

The hunger games is a great. I really loved it and I enjoyed. i think everyone ages 11 and up would enjoy it. There a a great cast with actors and actresses like Jennifer Lawrence, Liam Hemsworth and Donald Sutherland. Some parents believe that the hunger games is inappropriate and disturbing but its a amazing movie and i believe everyone should watch it.