Intense adaptation is violent, thought-provoking for teens.

Kid, 12 years old February 19, 2016

For every concerned parent!

Well this movie is actually les violent than the book so if you let your kids read it Im surprised that you think this is too violent although I understand that this is a movie and that's a book big difference right? my own mom said she dint like the movie now that I read the parent reviews I guess she has a point but I can be very sure that your kid has seen worse movies. the matter to this movie is just to think about it. can your kid see this?
Teen, 16 years old Written byNeonSprinkles February 2, 2015

Pretty Disappointing....

Actually, I was extremely exited to see the movie after reading the book, and I was pretty disappointed. It was kind of good, and the violence was nowhere near graphic ( most of the killings were off-screen, like the worst one in the book, Cato's death) but it was missing key elements, like action, to make it great.
Teen, 13 years old Written byBook-_-addict February 24, 2016

Violent and drunken people...BUT...

This is a very wonderful, twisted story. Although the begining of the games has a huge bloodbath, you have to look very close to see the blood actually spill from a person. There are some gore-ish scenes and alot of drunking from the mentor but i think suitable for preteens and teens.
Kid, 11 years old February 14, 2016

Not as scary as you would think

I have read all of the hunger games books and have watched every movie. I have enjoyed every single one. The blood bath at the start of the games is covered up with shaky cameras. It doesn't last long and it's not disturbing. The rest of the action is not highly gory either. There are a couple of occasions were katniss and peeta kiss, but it's nothing that 11 & 12 year olds wouldn't have seen in any other movie. I am 11 years old and i hate horror movies and gory videos, but i didn't find this movie as scary at all. I recommend this for 11+ (and pushing) 10 year olds that can handle violence and worrying dystopian landscapes. As for the quality of the film, 10/10!
Teen, 13 years old Written byi'mbeautiful January 27, 2016

stunning and excellent

Catchy and good enetertainment
Teen, 13 years old Written byMitten2002 November 12, 2015

READ THIS OVERANXIOUS PARENTS!!!!

Hunger games is a fantastic movie, although, before you take your kid to see it I recommend you do these things 1: Read all 3 books, your kid too, 2: Realize the the message is demoting killing, not promoting it 3: Remember that all deaths are sped up
Teen, 13 years old Written byEmma5578 November 11, 2015

The Hunger games

The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins is about 24 teenagers that have to go into a cornucopia and fight to stay alive. They have to kill one another until there is only one person left standing. I think that The Hunger Games is a really good book. I enjoy this book because of its action and how they make the movie and book believable. The book does have a lot of violence though, so if you don’t like violence I wouldn’t recommend it. Suzanne Collins also uses a lot of detail in the book, for example the deaths in the book are described really well and can make you feel emotional, but the end just stops. Suzanne does this because when it stops you want to read more so you will then read the second book to find out what happens next. Well that’s what I did! I rate this book a 7 out of ten and I recommend this book to people aged 12+.
Kid, 12 years old October 31, 2015

Bets movie ever

Scary idea but a beautiful story full of violence and rebellion
Teen, 13 years old Written byBookbubbles October 27, 2015

Great movie - not very violent

Some violent bits, some swear words and some passionate kissing. It's fine.
Teen, 16 years old Written byTV man 13245768 October 18, 2015

SUPER GOOD ACTION FILM

This movie interested me a lot. There was so much action. Some scenes were disturbing like, when a girl died because of bees stinging her, or when the little girl died from a bow and arrow. That part was so depressing. At the end of the movie Peta and Katniss are chased by lions. When they find a place that they could be safe, there is also another man there. The man grabs Peta and threatens to kill him. Katniss throws the bow and arrow at the man and he falls to the ground where all the tigers are. They eat him and they do show it. There is also explosions in this movie. After the little girl dies, in the real world there is a fight. Plenty of people die so you might not want your kids to watch that part. There is some kissing scenes but that's all you are going to get. The language not strong including the words hell, damn, and oh my god. There is this guy names Haymitch who gets drunk at the beginning of the movie. Later in the movie he stops drinking. There is also a scene where people are eating and there is some alcohol beverages. They drink the beverages but they do not get drunk. Teens age 14 and up could watch this movie but I would not recommend anybody younger.
Teen, 16 years old Written bycbar04 October 5, 2015
intense, but worth watching if you're into science-fiction. No sex but several scenes of kissing. Language: some language. Violence: lots of violence, but if you are mature enough to realize it's not real, it's not that bad. also, katniss is a very smart girl who will do whatever to help her family, even volunteering for her sister in the Hunger Games. She is determined and will stop at nothing to get back to her family.
Adult Written bygenna.grace October 5, 2015

Ages 11 and up

I red this book in 4th Grade and I loved it! I had a high reading skill level at that age so I could easily read the book. I absolutely fell in love with this book as I read it. There is lots of violence but the story is about love and sacrifice. I couldn't get enough of this book! Also, I can't remember any swearing in the book but there was some in the movie.
Teen, 14 years old Written bysherlyn September 30, 2015

Sherlyn Book Review

One of the conflicts in this story was that they had find ways to stay alive so that they can see their families again. One of the central themes of the book The Hunger Games is that you need to try and win the Hunger Games. I thought that this book was amazing because it showed that the characters Peeta Mellark and Katniss Everdeen have good skills to survive. I would recommend this book to other people because this book has very great action in it. I rated this book five stars because I really liked how Katniss Everdeen was brave enough to enter the Hunger Games. I think that this book is for people 12 and older because it does not have anything inappropriate besides the killing in the book The Hunger Games. I checked in the box that this book has to much violence because during The Hunger Games you have to kill people in order for you to survive.
Kid, 11 years old September 26, 2015

The Hunger Games

Gary Ross brings this intense adaptation of Suzanne Collins bestselling novel to the screen. Young adolescents that have read the novels will be thrilled to see this excellent film. However, there is a difference between reading content and seeing it on camera. The plot of this film involves 24 children between the ages of 12-18 to battle in an arena until one child remains. There is some thought-provoking themes throughout the film, involving death, loss of family members, totalitarian government and poverty. In Australia, the film warns viewers of 'Mature themes and violence'. The main issue in the film is violence. At the start of the battle, 24 tributes are launched up into an arena, where they use various weapons to kill one another. There is some blood splattered onto the ground, but the blood is only seen for approximately 2 seconds. The tributes die from spears, arrows, knifes, deadly insect bites, genetically modified monsters and poisonous berries. Several of the deaths in the film are not seen on camera, or implied. Some characters have there necks snapped or broken. There is a short flashback to a previous battle. There is some very mild coarse language, but there is nothing to be concerned about. There are approximately 2 uses each of 'damn' and 'hell'. 'God' is uses several times throughout the film as well. There is some mild drug usage, but there is nothing to be concerned about. For half of the film, Haymitch is often drunk, he has a drink in his hands frequently. Gradually, Haymitch becomes more focus and less drunk, and a trustworthy companion. Several dinner scenes involve adults and teens drinking a brightly coloured beverage/cocktail. There is some very mild sex in the film, but there is nothing to be concerned about. Katniss and Peeta share several kisses during the climax of the film. Peeta also reveals that he has had a crush on Katniss for a long time. Two teens (boy and girl) are seen cuddling together in sleep, fully clothed, this scene is very un-noticeable on you might miss it. Overall, if you're children are wanting to see this film, then remember that this film is not suitable for children under the age of 12. So, if you're child is under 12, I would not recommend admitting them to see the film. This film was classified M (12+), it contains Mature themes and violence.
Kid, 12 years old September 23, 2015

Really good book

This book is great if you want to miss sleep while reading it, it is a great page-turner. i am 12 years old and read it and i am fine. Some parents think it will give your child bad role model because of the 'too much violence' but it is acually giving you a positive message and a great role model. in my opinion it is the best book besides harry potter. thanks
Kid, 10 years old September 21, 2015

Awesome Movie But...

This violent but very awesome movie is good for tweens because tweens may know more about drinking and smoking. Tweens about 11 and up should watch this movie because they would enjoy it. You should know about drinking alcohol and smoking before you watch this movie.
Teen, 13 years old Written byWolf-cub678 September 20, 2015

IT'S AWESOME

i seen this when i was 11 it was great but rue's death made me cry i gotta say this is a good movie although theres kissing scenes but it is great
Kid, 11 years old September 19, 2015

This movie shows horrible violence between teens killing one another

at the beginning of the movie i thought this would be a sad film about teens being forced to kill each other, i thought wrong! in around the middle of the movie the teens are seen training hard as if they want to kill each other except for Katniss. also it shows Katniss crying in the beginning of the movie and a young boy named Peeta throwing here pieces of dirty bread due to her being poor and miserable. there is barely any language a few uses of S***, and hell and damn and one of putting use of F***. there is over the top violence for it being made in its time since this movie was made around 2010. it shows Katniss watching a teenager beating another teenager with a boulder on a big flat tv screen. there is also some explosions and fires that burn Katniss and the wound is seen big ugly and bloody. also there are horrifying dog creatures at the end of the movie that kill a bunch of teens and they are heard screaming. there is also some alcohol use and a man is seen drunk. also Katniss fakely stabs a man with a knife and almost shoots a man in the head with a bow and arrow. there is one passionate kiss, but mostly no sexual content. but the violence is over the top and cruel. i rate this movie PG-16+ strong violence blood use of alcohol suggestive themes and some cruel brutal torture including language
Teen, 15 years old Written byMovieKid387 September 4, 2015

If Your Kid is Mature

The hunger games is mostly implied violence and blood. Violence: Kids are killed with spears, knifes, rocks, swords any weapon except guns. Rue (12 years old) is killed with a spear. A girl is smashed against a metal wall. Video shows Thresh killing a kid with a rock, Thresh is killed by dogs, Katniss shoots Cato with an arrow and hits his head and is killed by dogs, girl is implied burned and stabbed by Cato and his friends, Girl dies from berry poison, bees kill a girl, Marvel is shot with an arrow, kid is slashed with knife and blood splatters and corspes are shown all over the grass field after Cornucopia Bloodbath. Sex: A small kiss Language: Less than the book a couple of a words and d words. No drinking and good role models.
Teen, 13 years old Written byajwaterman13 August 20, 2015

Loved book and movie!

I thought the movie actually portrayed the book well, and it was all very entertaining!