All member reviews for The Hunger Games

Intense adaptation is violent, thought-provoking for teens.

Teen, 13 years old Written byEmma5578 November 11, 2015

The Hunger games

The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins is about 24 teenagers that have to go into a cornucopia and fight to stay alive. They have to kill one another until there is only one person left standing. I think that The Hunger Games is a really good book. I enjoy this book because of its action and how they make the movie and book believable. The book does have a lot of violence though, so if you don’t like violence I wouldn’t recommend it. Suzanne Collins also uses a lot of detail in the book, for example the deaths in the book are described really well and can make you feel emotional, but the end just stops. Suzanne does this because when it stops you want to read more so you will then read the second book to find out what happens next. Well that’s what I did! I rate this book a 7 out of ten and I recommend this book to people aged 12+.
Teen, 13 years old Written byKittniss November 5, 2015

The best

I have to say this is one of the best movies I've seen, but there is some fighting and a lot of deaths. (Spoilers) there is one part when one of the characters (Glimmer) gets attacted by killer bees, also another character (Clove) gets their neck broken by getting thrown against the cornucopia. But overall the movie is good for ages 10 and up. Katniss Everdeen is a really good role model for younger girls. There are a few swears like damn, a good amount of drinking, and a few kisses (nothing to serious. If you are parent and wondering if you should let you child watch this movie have your kid(s) read the book.
Kid, 12 years old October 31, 2015

Bets movie ever

Scary idea but a beautiful story full of violence and rebellion
Teen, 13 years old Written byBookbubbles October 27, 2015

Great movie - not very violent

Some violent bits, some swear words and some passionate kissing. It's fine.
Teen, 16 years old Written byTV man 13245768 October 18, 2015

SUPER GOOD ACTION FILM

This movie interested me a lot. There was so much action. Some scenes were disturbing like, when a girl died because of bees stinging her, or when the little girl died from a bow and arrow. That part was so depressing. At the end of the movie Peta and Katniss are chased by lions. When they find a place that they could be safe, there is also another man there. The man grabs Peta and threatens to kill him. Katniss throws the bow and arrow at the man and he falls to the ground where all the tigers are. They eat him and they do show it. There is also explosions in this movie. After the little girl dies, in the real world there is a fight. Plenty of people die so you might not want your kids to watch that part. There is some kissing scenes but that's all you are going to get. The language not strong including the words hell, damn, and oh my god. There is this guy names Haymitch who gets drunk at the beginning of the movie. Later in the movie he stops drinking. There is also a scene where people are eating and there is some alcohol beverages. They drink the beverages but they do not get drunk. Teens age 14 and up could watch this movie but I would not recommend anybody younger.
Teen, 16 years old Written bycbar04 October 5, 2015
intense, but worth watching if you're into science-fiction. No sex but several scenes of kissing. Language: some language. Violence: lots of violence, but if you are mature enough to realize it's not real, it's not that bad. also, katniss is a very smart girl who will do whatever to help her family, even volunteering for her sister in the Hunger Games. She is determined and will stop at nothing to get back to her family.
Teen, 13 years old Written byajwaterman13 August 20, 2015

Loved book and movie!

I thought the movie actually portrayed the book well, and it was all very entertaining!
Teen, 14 years old Written byGuineagirl August 16, 2015

BEST MOVIE EVER!!!!!!

There is a fair amount of violence. They show dead bodies, heads bashed in with rocks, necks broke by a head twist, weapons. They only kiss a few times so I wouldn't worry about that. Violence is the biggest thing . Haymich is drunk most of the time or has a drink in his hand.
Teen, 13 years old Written byfilmfan13 August 12, 2015

The Hunger Games Review

The Hunger Games is the first in a series of films adapted from a trilogy of books. The movie is about Katniss Everdeen (Jennifer Lawrence) who lives in a post-apocalypic poverty stricken future, where the "Districts" are ruled by "The Capital". Every year "The Capital" hosts a gladiator-like event, in which two young people from every "District" are chosen to fight each other in a arena until there is a victor. I have given this film 2 stars because, despite the potential in the plot and a competent cast, the film was lacking in excitement and adventure.
Teen, 14 years old Written bytvd16 August 4, 2015

Good movie

I'm not sure why this movie has that many bad reviews, it wasn't bad! I read the book after watching the movie so i'm not really that biased. The book was more violent than the movie. If you're not okay with loads of teens killing each other in a fictional story, don't watch or read it - simple. I enjoyed it, and I would recommend it!
Teen, 14 years old Written byMovie_fan101 July 26, 2015

Great film

Very thought provocative and intense. Will keep the whole family entertained, however it is somewhat violent.
Kid, 10 years old July 23, 2015

Brilliant Movie!

I saw all of the movies and i am waiting for the next one to come out. I have also read the book series and i love it! But it is slightly violent. This movie is about a game where 24 kids are chosen to go into a arena and fight to the death until one is left alive. When kids under 12 watch this they might get scared when they see kids slaughtering each other trying to survive. But it's a really good movie but might be intense for kids under 14.
Teen, 13 years old Written bymikethespike451 July 14, 2015

AMAZING!!

One of my most favorite movies! Good directing, excellent acting and a wonderful but dark message! This movie is really violent! But the violence and gore in this movie is very quick! The book is a lot more violent! Also @boys this is not a love story! It's pretty much 1% or 0% of love in here because the love story in this movie is fake and acted! Only Peeta actually loves Katniss! Katniss does not love Peeta! And Gale is more of a friend or brother to Katniss.
Teen, 13 years old Written byerogers July 14, 2015
Kid, 12 years old July 13, 2015

Great movie, lot's of violence

After watching this movie, I noticed that it wasn't that different from the book. There was plenty of violence and blood, but you should be expecting it considering of the summary or the front cover. Now, there wasn't any sexual scenes, only a few kisses. The main character, Katniss Everdeen, showed that she was a strong character and fought for her sister. There was no poor choices made by her as well. One thing I did find inappropriate was District 12's mentor, Haymitch Abernathy. Most of the movie, it was shown that he was drunk. Overall, 14 and up should be a good age because of all the violence.
Teen, 14 years old Written byimoviegoteen July 10, 2015

Great book, Gruesome movie.

The Hunger Games was very entertaining for all the teens and some adults out there who loved the book. It was very intense but showed friendship and teamwork. Besides some of the messages you'll find in this movie, there is a lot of gore and violence. Kids are shown slaughtered, a woman gets trackerjackers all over her body and dies, and a girl is stabbed in the chest with a spear. Overall this movie will teach you a few lessons if you look closely. Also Katniss is a very good role model for young girls. Sex is not an issue. And Haymitch is a big drug addict.
Kid, 11 years old July 3, 2015

Popular sci fi has intense plot and yucky moments

The plot of the film is very intense because innocent people are getting thrown into an arena were only one survives. There are some great messages in this film and role models but most of it is dark, sad and scary. The main characters include a girl trying to save her sister and get back to her family, a boy who has a big crush on the main character, an alcoholic who is supposed to be their mentor and a ruler of all the world who wants to try and kill the contestants in the most brutal way possible. In the arena there is some iffy stuff including a guy getting eaten by killer beasts, screams, a girl who has eaten poisoned berries, a twelve year old girl has a spear thrown into her which leads to her death and it causes an outrage at her district and also a girl stung to death by killer bees you can see her face stung for a couple of seconds. Minimal scenes that are very intense, depends on your kid.
Teen, 13 years old Written bytessah5 June 20, 2015

It depends on the kid

Most kids have probably read this book and think, 'It's fine if I watch the movie,' but it might not be okay. Seeing the violence portrayed on a screen is different than reading it. Most mature tweens and teens can watch this. There are a couple of kisses and Katniss goes back and forth between two guys.
Teen, 13 years old Written byBriettaPolly June 5, 2015
I saw this when I was 12 and I was perfectly fine. There isn't too much gore (except for a scene where a bunch of them get stung by something), no sexual stuff whatsover (barely even kissing!), only a few small swears like d**n and h**l every once and a while (the only time you notice the swears is when Katniss is yelling at Peeta and says h**l), the only drinking is Haymith when he's almost always drunk (it's quite funny btw), which actually teaches kids NOT to drink, because then you'll become like him (who'd wanna do that!?), Great Messages and Great Role Models all throughout the movie, but I'll give you the confidence to figure them out for yourself (plus, it makes you curious so you can't stand not seeing the movie so you'll go see it, now! yes, you! go! see the movie!). Just hear me out: KNOW. YOUR. CHILD(REN). But if they ask you to go see it, they're probably gonna be fine cuz they know what's in store for them.
Teen, 14 years old Written bykitty47 June 3, 2015