All member reviews for The Hunger Games

Intense adaptation is violent, thought-provoking for teens.

Teen, 13 years old Written byajwaterman13 August 20, 2015

Loved book and movie!

I thought the movie actually portrayed the book well, and it was all very entertaining!
Teen, 14 years old Written byGuineagirl August 16, 2015

BEST MOVIE EVER!!!!!!

There is a fair amount of violence. They show dead bodies, heads bashed in with rocks, necks broke by a head twist, weapons. They only kiss a few times so I wouldn't worry about that. Violence is the biggest thing . Haymich is drunk most of the time or has a drink in his hand.
Teen, 13 years old Written byfilmfan13 August 12, 2015

The Hunger Games Review

The Hunger Games is the first in a series of films adapted from a trilogy of books. The movie is about Katniss Everdeen (Jennifer Lawrence) who lives in a post-apocalypic poverty stricken future, where the "Districts" are ruled by "The Capital". Every year "The Capital" hosts a gladiator-like event, in which two young people from every "District" are chosen to fight each other in a arena until there is a victor. I have given this film 2 stars because, despite the potential in the plot and a competent cast, the film was lacking in excitement and adventure.
Teen, 14 years old Written bytvd16 August 4, 2015

Good movie

I'm not sure why this movie has that many bad reviews, it wasn't bad! I read the book after watching the movie so i'm not really that biased. The book was more violent than the movie. If you're not okay with loads of teens killing each other in a fictional story, don't watch or read it - simple. I enjoyed it, and I would recommend it!
Teen, 14 years old Written byMovie_fan101 July 26, 2015

Great film

Very thought provocative and intense. Will keep the whole family entertained, however it is somewhat violent.
Kid, 10 years old July 23, 2015

Brilliant Movie!

I saw all of the movies and i am waiting for the next one to come out. I have also read the book series and i love it! But it is slightly violent. This movie is about a game where 24 kids are chosen to go into a arena and fight to the death until one is left alive. When kids under 12 watch this they might get scared when they see kids slaughtering each other trying to survive. But it's a really good movie but might be intense for kids under 14.
Teen, 13 years old Written bymikethespike451 July 14, 2015

AMAZING!!

One of my most favorite movies! Good directing, excellent acting and a wonderful but dark message! This movie is really violent! But the violence and gore in this movie is very quick! The book is a lot more violent! Also @boys this is not a love story! It's pretty much 1% or 0% of love in here because the love story in this movie is fake and acted! Only Peeta actually loves Katniss! Katniss does not love Peeta! And Gale is more of a friend or brother to Katniss.
Teen, 13 years old Written byerogers July 14, 2015
Kid, 12 years old July 13, 2015

Great movie, lot's of violence

After watching this movie, I noticed that it wasn't that different from the book. There was plenty of violence and blood, but you should be expecting it considering of the summary or the front cover. Now, there wasn't any sexual scenes, only a few kisses. The main character, Katniss Everdeen, showed that she was a strong character and fought for her sister. There was no poor choices made by her as well. One thing I did find inappropriate was District 12's mentor, Haymitch Abernathy. Most of the movie, it was shown that he was drunk. Overall, 14 and up should be a good age because of all the violence.
Teen, 14 years old Written byimoviegoteen July 10, 2015

Great book, Gruesome movie.

The Hunger Games was very entertaining for all the teens and some adults out there who loved the book. It was very intense but showed friendship and teamwork. Besides some of the messages you'll find in this movie, there is a lot of gore and violence. Kids are shown slaughtered, a woman gets trackerjackers all over her body and dies, and a girl is stabbed in the chest with a spear. Overall this movie will teach you a few lessons if you look closely. Also Katniss is a very good role model for young girls. Sex is not an issue. And Haymitch is a big drug addict.
Kid, 11 years old July 3, 2015

Popular sci fi has intense plot and yucky moments

The plot of the film is very intense because innocent people are getting thrown into an arena were only one survives. There are some great messages in this film and role models but most of it is dark, sad and scary. The main characters include a girl trying to save her sister and get back to her family, a boy who has a big crush on the main character, an alcoholic who is supposed to be their mentor and a ruler of all the world who wants to try and kill the contestants in the most brutal way possible. In the arena there is some iffy stuff including a guy getting eaten by killer beasts, screams, a girl who has eaten poisoned berries, a twelve year old girl has a spear thrown into her which leads to her death and it causes an outrage at her district and also a girl stung to death by killer bees you can see her face stung for a couple of seconds. Minimal scenes that are very intense, depends on your kid.
Kid, 11 years old June 28, 2015

Infectious movie you will watch OVER AND OVER AGAIN.

For once, I think Common Sense is wrong about this movie. Most of the worst violence is off-screen, and you rarely even see the results. Damn, hell. A message about the complexity of the nation's game shows and how people are too entertained by the content they don't care what is happening to the actual children. As the hunger games go, children in peril, kid on kid killing with axes, fists and knives. A boy snaps another boy's head. A few kisses between Peeta and Katniss, the one in the cave very passionate. Haymitch, Peeta and Katniss'es mentor, is seen with a drink in his hand for half of the movie and acts drunk, but he gains consciousness before the games begin. Hunger games merchandise and video games are available for purchase. Peeta and Katniss help each other out, Katniss sacrifices her own life to save her younger sister, Prim.
Kid, 11 years old June 28, 2015

Book is better, but do bother

I am obsessed with the book! The movie is not as good, but still bother watching it because it's not that bad. PG-13? What? I just turned 11 and I could've watched this at 8! Still, some people are easily scared, so don't rate it too low... 11 is perfect! t
Teen, 13 years old Written bytessah5 June 20, 2015

It depends on the kid

Most kids have probably read this book and think, 'It's fine if I watch the movie,' but it might not be okay. Seeing the violence portrayed on a screen is different than reading it. Most mature tweens and teens can watch this. There are a couple of kisses and Katniss goes back and forth between two guys.
Teen, 13 years old Written byBriettaPolly June 5, 2015

I saw this when I was 12 and I was perfectly fine. There isn't too much gore (except for a scene where a bunch of them get stung by something), no sexual stuff whatsover (barely even kissing!), only a few small swears like d**n and h**l every once and a while (the only time you notice the swears is when Katniss is yelling at Peeta and says h**l), the only drinking is Haymith when he's almost always drunk (it's quite funny btw), which actually teaches kids NOT to drink, because then you'll become like him (who'd wanna do that!?), Great Messages and Great Role Models all throughout the movie, but I'll give you the confidence to figure them out for yourself (plus, it makes you curious so you can't stand not seeing the movie so you'll go see it, now! yes, you! go! see the movie!). Just hear me out: KNOW. YOUR. CHILD(REN). But if they ask you to go see it, they're probably gonna be fine cuz they know what's in store for them.
Teen, 14 years old Written bykitty47 June 3, 2015

Amazing movie!

Teen, 13 years old Written byciara100generous June 3, 2015

Teen, 17 years old Written byDansadancer29 June 2, 2015

It's a really good movie sure there's a tiny bit of swearing but you can't catch it unless you have subtitles on there's quite a bit of violence but it puts the movie together there's a guy called Haymitch who drinks a lot but many of the side effects are not shown there a lot of kissing but it's all part of a plan to keep them alive katniss is a great role model sting and straightforwards but knows when to back down it basically shows how you can defy a popular crowd at school you don't have to go with the flow I say this is a good movie for 12/11 ish age because of the violence and stuff and plus little kids probably would not understand well
Teen, 13 years old Written byybco124 June 2, 2015

ok

its a good movie dont get me wrong but the sceins will give people unde 10 nightmares and will scare them completly to death. as they are put un willingly in to a arena to fight to the death and the one who survives earns food for their faction. there are some bloody scenes and would 100% scare young children i would highly recommend this movie to a 10 year old and no one younger. it has little sex but has a wide range of violent distressing scenes. TAKE IN MY ADVISE AS I HAVE SEEN THE MOVIE AND DONT SHOW IT TO ANYONE UNDER 11/10 YEARS OLD.
Adult Written bysaniyhaa.21 May 27, 2015

great

I was watching these movies back to back which shows how great it is.It was like I was addicted to watching them.you should watch the movie it's awesome.