Intense adaptation is violent, thought-provoking for teens.

Teen, 13 years old Written byKittniss November 5, 2015

The best

I have to say this is one of the best movies I've seen, but there is some fighting and a lot of deaths. (Spoilers) there is one part when one of the characters (Glimmer) gets attacted by killer bees, also another character (Clove) gets their neck broken by getting thrown against the cornucopia. But overall the movie is good for ages 10 and up. Katniss Everdeen is a really good role model for younger girls. There are a few swears like damn, a good amount of drinking, and a few kisses (nothing to serious. If you are parent and wondering if you should let you child watch this movie have your kid(s) read the book.
Teen, 16 years old Written byNeonSprinkles February 2, 2015

Pretty Disappointing....

Actually, I was extremely exited to see the movie after reading the book, and I was pretty disappointed. It was kind of good, and the violence was nowhere near graphic ( most of the killings were off-screen, like the worst one in the book, Cato's death) but it was missing key elements, like action, to make it great.
Teen, 13 years old Written byi'mbeautiful January 27, 2016

stunning and excellent

Catchy and good enetertainment
Teen, 13 years old Written byMitten2002 November 12, 2015

READ THIS OVERANXIOUS PARENTS!!!!

Hunger games is a fantastic movie, although, before you take your kid to see it I recommend you do these things 1: Read all 3 books, your kid too, 2: Realize the the message is demoting killing, not promoting it 3: Remember that all deaths are sped up
Teen, 13 years old Written byEmma5578 November 11, 2015

The Hunger games

The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins is about 24 teenagers that have to go into a cornucopia and fight to stay alive. They have to kill one another until there is only one person left standing. I think that The Hunger Games is a really good book. I enjoy this book because of its action and how they make the movie and book believable. The book does have a lot of violence though, so if you don’t like violence I wouldn’t recommend it. Suzanne Collins also uses a lot of detail in the book, for example the deaths in the book are described really well and can make you feel emotional, but the end just stops. Suzanne does this because when it stops you want to read more so you will then read the second book to find out what happens next. Well that’s what I did! I rate this book a 7 out of ten and I recommend this book to people aged 12+.
Kid, 12 years old October 31, 2015

Bets movie ever

Scary idea but a beautiful story full of violence and rebellion
Teen, 13 years old Written byBookbubbles October 27, 2015

Great movie - not very violent

Some violent bits, some swear words and some passionate kissing. It's fine.
Teen, 16 years old Written byTV man 13245768 October 18, 2015

SUPER GOOD ACTION FILM

This movie interested me a lot. There was so much action. Some scenes were disturbing like, when a girl died because of bees stinging her, or when the little girl died from a bow and arrow. That part was so depressing. At the end of the movie Peta and Katniss are chased by lions. When they find a place that they could be safe, there is also another man there. The man grabs Peta and threatens to kill him. Katniss throws the bow and arrow at the man and he falls to the ground where all the tigers are. They eat him and they do show it. There is also explosions in this movie. After the little girl dies, in the real world there is a fight. Plenty of people die so you might not want your kids to watch that part. There is some kissing scenes but that's all you are going to get. The language not strong including the words hell, damn, and oh my god. There is this guy names Haymitch who gets drunk at the beginning of the movie. Later in the movie he stops drinking. There is also a scene where people are eating and there is some alcohol beverages. They drink the beverages but they do not get drunk. Teens age 14 and up could watch this movie but I would not recommend anybody younger.
Teen, 16 years old Written bycbar04 October 5, 2015
intense, but worth watching if you're into science-fiction. No sex but several scenes of kissing. Language: some language. Violence: lots of violence, but if you are mature enough to realize it's not real, it's not that bad. also, katniss is a very smart girl who will do whatever to help her family, even volunteering for her sister in the Hunger Games. She is determined and will stop at nothing to get back to her family.
Teen, 14 years old Written bysherlyn September 30, 2015

Sherlyn Book Review

One of the conflicts in this story was that they had find ways to stay alive so that they can see their families again. One of the central themes of the book The Hunger Games is that you need to try and win the Hunger Games. I thought that this book was amazing because it showed that the characters Peeta Mellark and Katniss Everdeen have good skills to survive. I would recommend this book to other people because this book has very great action in it. I rated this book five stars because I really liked how Katniss Everdeen was brave enough to enter the Hunger Games. I think that this book is for people 12 and older because it does not have anything inappropriate besides the killing in the book The Hunger Games. I checked in the box that this book has to much violence because during The Hunger Games you have to kill people in order for you to survive.
Kid, 11 years old September 26, 2015

The Hunger Games

Gary Ross brings this intense adaptation of Suzanne Collins bestselling novel to the screen. Young adolescents that have read the novels will be thrilled to see this excellent film. However, there is a difference between reading content and seeing it on camera. The plot of this film involves 24 children between the ages of 12-18 to battle in an arena until one child remains. There is some thought-provoking themes throughout the film, involving death, loss of family members, totalitarian government and poverty. In Australia, the film warns viewers of 'Mature themes and violence'. The main issue in the film is violence. At the start of the battle, 24 tributes are launched up into an arena, where they use various weapons to kill one another. There is some blood splattered onto the ground, but the blood is only seen for approximately 2 seconds. The tributes die from spears, arrows, knifes, deadly insect bites, genetically modified monsters and poisonous berries. Several of the deaths in the film are not seen on camera, or implied. Some characters have there necks snapped or broken. There is a short flashback to a previous battle. There is some very mild coarse language, but there is nothing to be concerned about. There are approximately 2 uses each of 'damn' and 'hell'. 'God' is uses several times throughout the film as well. There is some mild drug usage, but there is nothing to be concerned about. For half of the film, Haymitch is often drunk, he has a drink in his hands frequently. Gradually, Haymitch becomes more focus and less drunk, and a trustworthy companion. Several dinner scenes involve adults and teens drinking a brightly coloured beverage/cocktail. There is some very mild sex in the film, but there is nothing to be concerned about. Katniss and Peeta share several kisses during the climax of the film. Peeta also reveals that he has had a crush on Katniss for a long time. Two teens (boy and girl) are seen cuddling together in sleep, fully clothed, this scene is very un-noticeable on you might miss it. Overall, if you're children are wanting to see this film, then remember that this film is not suitable for children under the age of 12. So, if you're child is under 12, I would not recommend admitting them to see the film. This film was classified M (12+), it contains Mature themes and violence.
Kid, 12 years old September 23, 2015

Really good book

This book is great if you want to miss sleep while reading it, it is a great page-turner. i am 12 years old and read it and i am fine. Some parents think it will give your child bad role model because of the 'too much violence' but it is acually giving you a positive message and a great role model. in my opinion it is the best book besides harry potter. thanks
Kid, 10 years old September 21, 2015

Awesome Movie But...

This violent but very awesome movie is good for tweens because tweens may know more about drinking and smoking. Tweens about 11 and up should watch this movie because they would enjoy it. You should know about drinking alcohol and smoking before you watch this movie.
Teen, 13 years old Written byWolf-cub678 September 20, 2015

IT'S AWESOME

i seen this when i was 11 it was great but rue's death made me cry i gotta say this is a good movie although theres kissing scenes but it is great
Teen, 15 years old Written byMovieKid387 September 4, 2015

If Your Kid is Mature

The hunger games is mostly implied violence and blood. Violence: Kids are killed with spears, knifes, rocks, swords any weapon except guns. Rue (12 years old) is killed with a spear. A girl is smashed against a metal wall. Video shows Thresh killing a kid with a rock, Thresh is killed by dogs, Katniss shoots Cato with an arrow and hits his head and is killed by dogs, girl is implied burned and stabbed by Cato and his friends, Girl dies from berry poison, bees kill a girl, Marvel is shot with an arrow, kid is slashed with knife and blood splatters and corspes are shown all over the grass field after Cornucopia Bloodbath. Sex: A small kiss Language: Less than the book a couple of a words and d words. No drinking and good role models.
Teen, 13 years old Written byajwaterman13 August 20, 2015

Loved book and movie!

I thought the movie actually portrayed the book well, and it was all very entertaining!
Teen, 14 years old Written byGuineagirl August 16, 2015

BEST MOVIE EVER!!!!!!

There is a fair amount of violence. They show dead bodies, heads bashed in with rocks, necks broke by a head twist, weapons. They only kiss a few times so I wouldn't worry about that. Violence is the biggest thing . Haymich is drunk most of the time or has a drink in his hand.
Teen, 13 years old Written byfilmfan13 August 12, 2015

The Hunger Games Review

The Hunger Games is the first in a series of films adapted from a trilogy of books. The movie is about Katniss Everdeen (Jennifer Lawrence) who lives in a post-apocalypic poverty stricken future, where the "Districts" are ruled by "The Capital". Every year "The Capital" hosts a gladiator-like event, in which two young people from every "District" are chosen to fight each other in a arena until there is a victor. I have given this film 2 stars because, despite the potential in the plot and a competent cast, the film was lacking in excitement and adventure.
Teen, 14 years old Written bytvd16 August 4, 2015

Good movie

I'm not sure why this movie has that many bad reviews, it wasn't bad! I read the book after watching the movie so i'm not really that biased. The book was more violent than the movie. If you're not okay with loads of teens killing each other in a fictional story, don't watch or read it - simple. I enjoyed it, and I would recommend it!
Teen, 14 years old Written byMovie_fan101 July 26, 2015

Great film

Very thought provocative and intense. Will keep the whole family entertained, however it is somewhat violent.