All member reviews for The Hunger Games

Intense adaptation is violent, thought-provoking for teens.

Teen, 13 years old Written byBriettaPolly June 5, 2015

I saw this when I was 12 and I was perfectly fine. There isn't too much gore (except for a scene where a bunch of them get stung by something), no sexual stuff whatsover (barely even kissing!), only a few small swears like d**n and h**l every once and a while (the only time you notice the swears is when Katniss is yelling at Peeta and says h**l), the only drinking is Haymith when he's almost always drunk (it's quite funny btw), which actually teaches kids NOT to drink, because then you'll become like him (who'd wanna do that!?), Great Messages and Great Role Models all throughout the movie, but I'll give you the confidence to figure them out for yourself (plus, it makes you curious so you can't stand not seeing the movie so you'll go see it, now! yes, you! go! see the movie!). Just hear me out: KNOW. YOUR. CHILD(REN). But if they ask you to go see it, they're probably gonna be fine cuz they know what's in store for them.
Teen, 14 years old Written bykitty47 June 3, 2015

Amazing movie!

Teen, 13 years old Written byciara100generous June 3, 2015

Teen, 17 years old Written byDansadancer29 June 2, 2015

It's a really good movie sure there's a tiny bit of swearing but you can't catch it unless you have subtitles on there's quite a bit of violence but it puts the movie together there's a guy called Haymitch who drinks a lot but many of the side effects are not shown there a lot of kissing but it's all part of a plan to keep them alive katniss is a great role model sting and straightforwards but knows when to back down it basically shows how you can defy a popular crowd at school you don't have to go with the flow I say this is a good movie for 12/11 ish age because of the violence and stuff and plus little kids probably would not understand well
Teen, 13 years old Written byybco124 June 2, 2015

ok

its a good movie dont get me wrong but the sceins will give people unde 10 nightmares and will scare them completly to death. as they are put un willingly in to a arena to fight to the death and the one who survives earns food for their faction. there are some bloody scenes and would 100% scare young children i would highly recommend this movie to a 10 year old and no one younger. it has little sex but has a wide range of violent distressing scenes. TAKE IN MY ADVISE AS I HAVE SEEN THE MOVIE AND DONT SHOW IT TO ANYONE UNDER 11/10 YEARS OLD.
Adult Written bysaniyhaa.21 May 27, 2015

great

I was watching these movies back to back which shows how great it is.It was like I was addicted to watching them.you should watch the movie it's awesome.
Teen, 14 years old Written bybecca456 May 19, 2015

Awesome

A brilliant movie, full of action and suspense. The only problems were the direction and a lot of things were changed from the books.
Kid, 11 years old April 26, 2015

Hunger games

This movie is wery good but also wery violent and a bit gory!! age 12 and up!!!
Kid, 10 years old April 19, 2015

Lots of blood

The hunger games inst really violent, its just that there is a lot of blood. In the opening scene, you see pools of blood and blood spraying from the tribute's chests. There are also lots of characters that have head wounds oozing with blood. But parents, please don't look at this and just see the violence. Renember there are messages about NOT KILLING, and great role models. But if your child does not feel comfortable with blood, don't watch this. But think about what your missing, its AMAZING.
Kid, 11 years old April 17, 2015

Kid, 12 years old April 8, 2015

Teen, 13 years old Written byStylish_Cat April 8, 2015

Fantastic Movie!

The Hunger Games is GREAT! It doesn't have much gore, though there are a few scenes with people stabbing each other with knifes and spears, and there is quite a lot of blood. There is a part where these modified dog things (called mutations) eat someone up. It doesn't show anything, but you can hear the sound of them being eaten. Hope it helped! ;)
Teen, 13 years old Written byfreakingbooknerd April 5, 2015

Love this movie

I love this book and they did a good job with the movie, some scenes have blood and death and most people get freaked out that it's kids killing kids, but the whole point of the series is katniss trying to stop it. Just know your kid before you let them watch it.
Teen, 13 years old Written byTeamGale101 April 5, 2015

Really Good Movie!

I really don't think it's inappropriate for mature children, and certainly not for teens. Sure, it may be a little bit scary at some times. But, the movies aim is not to scare, so it doesn't dwell on these scenes. It's really good, and I think EVERYONE 11 and up should see it.
Teen, 13 years old Written byyont_fabnegation March 27, 2015

I watched The Hunger Games when I was 11 and I absolutely loved it! If you love a futuristic, dystopian thriller like me, this is the movie for you. It should be okay for 12+. I'm not going to lie, this movie is very violent and intense, especially when the hunger games first start. The hunger games is a competition to the death, so of course there is a lot of...well, killing. With knives, axes, bow and arrows, and other natural causes beyond the competitors' control. As you can imagine, this movie gets really intense and scary at some points. But there are also many positive messages and role models crammed in too. This movie is really great and I hope you enjoy it as much as I did.
Teen, 13 years old Written bystentimax March 20, 2015

Can be disturbing to some but really good movie.

This movie contains many scenes of people being shot in the heart by a bow-and-arrow and it has occasional kissing scenes (once really slobbery!) I have seen it and I think that anyone under the age of 13/12 will find this movie very disturbing.
Teen, 15 years old Written bylangleyfaith55 March 15, 2015

awesome

Its great for teens but has a lot of killing and violence, there are some drinking, very little swearing, and 1 kiss.
Teen, 13 years old Written byrebo344 March 2, 2015

Jennifer Lawrence gave a convincing performance in this dark,violent film.

The Hunger Games was entertaining. The cast really did well. I think I like Woody Harrelson as Haymitch, Elizabeth Banks as Effie, Liam Hemsworth as Gale and Stanley Tucci as Casear the most. Oh, the flaming dress was pretty cool. During The Hunger Games sequences, there is a lot of shaky camera, so for the sensitive people beware.
Teen, 13 years old Written byGecko772 February 17, 2015

One of the best books/movies ever!

I have said 10 and up because my younger brother first watched it when he was 9 and he loves it almost as much as me. He is quite mature for his age though. The concept of violence is very high but the actual violence isn't too graphic. My brother doesn't really understand the concept of corrupt government though so if young children do watch it, it might have to be explained!
Kid, 11 years old February 11, 2015

The Hunger Games

The Film Is Good However Its Plot Is About a game which is put on tv where teens kill each other despite the plot it's not promoted and it shows kids the skills to survive violence includes stabbings and arrows there is also threat from menacing characters and fire and wolfs however Katniss is a good role model despite her killing a few characters she kills them in more humane ways like setting up traps and only kills bully's and befriends a nicer characters it shows how you should stand up for what's right but it's not for kids due to its violence and themes.