All member reviews for The Ides of March

Smart, cynical thriller deals in political excesses.

Teen, 15 years old Written byNo Name, for real. December 22, 2012

Great political thriller has strong language, but teens should be able to handle.

Teen, 15 years old Written bymariaf April 16, 2012

Know if you are interested to watch it

In my opinion it's a great and educating film but i'm 15 and it was a little hard to understand the plot but then i was ok. If your kids are not interested in politics don't watch it my friend who is 13 fell asleep after the first 30 minutes but i enjoyed it. The acting was great especially ryan gosling.To be honest there was a love scene but not anything bad if you are mature. I totally recomend watching it because it makes you understand how are things.I only chose age 17 because of the complicated plot many teens may be bored, i don't think language is an issue because you must be like 3 to say sth you heard in the movie, if kids use those words they will continue, if they don't they wont start because they are mature if they don't
Kid, 11 years old March 8, 2012

Good movie, but lots of cussing

I am an 11 year old kid who loves politicts and this movie is on my top 10 favorite movies. There was a lot of cussing but I am mature enough to watch this. I did have to leave the room for one scene but if you don't want your child to see it, dont let them. If you think that they are mature enough, let them.
Kid, 11 years old February 20, 2012

Great movie

I loved the movie and I'm not even 16. It could be boring to some kids, but I enjoyed it. Quite a bit of cursing, one scene that might be to much for kids, to mature. It was really great though.
Teen, 15 years old Written byMarioMii February 7, 2012

Be careful of what you see

Most of this movie was fine, but my dad didn't let me see one scene when I had to close my eyes.
Parent Written byConcerned Parent 101 February 3, 2012

Great excuse to go out on your own

I knew this was going to be very explicit with loads of bad language so it gave me an excuse to go watch something by myself for once, whilst not feeling bad for the kids. Although I was disappointed that there new ideas in this film. American politics should not be forced on people and cats.
Adult Written byjwade123 October 18, 2011

Great political thriller

Since the other two reviews are both by teens younger than the age that they recommended I figured that I would post one that actually might help. The only reason that I say it is not for kids is because I highly doubt that anyone without at least a general knowledge on politics and publicity revolved around that it will be hard to understand and come across as a very boring movie. For politics fans, the movie is thrilling and powerful. It is very well acted. The language is extremely vulgar with frequent use of F**k, S**t, Godd**n, etc. I do not see anyone under the age of 17 enjoying this film except for maybe some smart teens who love Politics.
Teen, 13 years old Written byMovieReviewGuy October 10, 2011

Good for 17+, "Pause" for 16, and "OFF" for 15 under

This is a very intense, complex political drama; I'm sure lots of kids who aren't very aware of politics/don't care wouldn't appreciate this movie. There are references about implied sex, a reference to a rape, and a suicide is spoken of from an overdose of drugs. There is consumerism, and plenty of drinking. The language is in RIDICULOUS proportions! There is SO much cursing it is unbelievable. C--k, pr--k, a--, ---hole, Godd-mn, d-mn, cr-p, t-ts, s--t, h-ll, d--k, SOB, and many other words are used in excess. The word f--k is use between 50-70 times. It is constantly used in many scenes expressing frustration, stress, anger, etc. This is DEFINITELY not for anyone under 16, maybe for anyone who is 17+. There is WAY too much cursing for kids to handle. Good for 17+, anyone else, you should "pause".
Teen, 15 years old Written byremcc October 8, 2011

Thought-provoking pick for mature teens

I think that a mature teen could handle this movie. They would have to be more mature than the average teen to understand the subject matter and to recognize that some characters were making very poor choices. The language was about as bad as it gets, but I think that most teens my age have been exposed to swearing and should know by now that it isn't appropriate. The characters in the movie had little redeeming value, but it was easy for me to understand that not all politicians are like that. On the plus, this movie is a great one to talk about with your parents. It's a great choice for a teen considering a career in politics. It gave me some insight into the political process, which is great for teens who will be voting in a few years. It made me realize how important it is to know all you can about the candidate you are choosing. Also, it does a good job of representing how hardcore the political process can be. Overall, I would recommend this movie to mature teenagers; I found it very interesting and thought that the acting and directing were fantastic.